The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

2 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

We went in the motorhome and took Syd and Hovis. Sydney’s a inquisitive little dog, always wanting to know what’s going on and loves train rides. Here’s a picture of him on  the lake railway, front paws on the window ledge and just turning his head long enough for the picture. He’s a real character.

12368233-A049-48E1-BE47-3EC729BEB3E3.jpeg.dd099ae012d4006b74f9dd82bafffca1.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/Cairn-Terrier-Dog-Guitarist-T-Shirt/dp/B0CHM67Z77?customId=B0752XJYNL&customizationToken=MC_Assembly_1%23B0752XJYNL&th=1

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 6

2 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

This is from ten days ago in early morning fog:

image.png.dd081a205a626cedd2f4b766fdcf8b55.png

Niiiiiiice!!! Proper Autumnal mists and mellow fruitfulness!!!

2 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

We went in the motorhome and took Syd and Hovis. Sydney’s a inquisitive little dog, always wanting to know what’s going on and loves train rides. Here’s a picture of him on  the lake railway, front paws on the window ledge and just turning his head long enough for the picture. He’s a real character.

12368233-A049-48E1-BE47-3EC729BEB3E3.jpeg.dd099ae012d4006b74f9dd82bafffca1.jpeg

A lovely dog, chock-full of proper Terrier inquisitiveness!

• Like 13
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Really good nights sleep obtained. Great!

For the first time in a while it's not foggy outside. I hate Autumnal foggy mornings. While at my senior school in Hartlepool, we were very close to the Lighthouse. The sound of the fog horn going all day was something I don't miss!

Watched the Rugby.  Interesting how the on and off field teams worked together. 

Time for my mugatea and then.. reset some clocks!

Have a good day!

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

There's a nice little coastal pad up the coast a bit, though not too keen on the long walk from the heli-pad to the front door, still the butler can get me in the Bentley...............................

Dunbeath, Caithness, KW6 6EY | Property for sale | Savills

You win.....definitely.

10 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Not so much VFM:

Sold for £25,125,000 equivalent this week. 

Thats almost 2 Mar-a -Lagos.

Thats Glamarama beach it overlooks but still.....

2018202713_2_1_221115_110755-w36.jpg.0519cec58f6a31806da1f683cdcd2cc5.jpg

For that price you  still only get one of @polybear electrical-car proof single garages but you can at least open the car doors after you drive in there by the look of it at least.

Screenshot(182).png.ed9cc2d295458bd03f7285d8586d09f0.png

£Twenty Five Million?  For THAT??  

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium

A thing to remember with Nobel prizes , is that they are often awarded 10, 20 or even 30 years after the events that got them the prize. So the laureates shortsightedness may well post date their time of earning the award.

Mooring Awl,

Couldn't get to sleep at first, then eventually did , with just a few wake up and turn overs.

Ben the I'd like to go out Collie turned up an hour early which wasn't a surprise, I told him it was too early and it seemed like just a few minutes when he came back again... But it wasn't it was over an hour later.

Ben was particularly venturous this morning , disappearing into parts of the garden he doesn't normally go in. I lost him for a couple of minutes then he reappeared behind me. Ben was very happy on patrol bouncing around everywhere.

We've had a lot of soggyness overnight and the hippo pool has reappeared. A couple of pigmy hippos in size. The garden is squelchy again. Tis, breezy damp and dull out there.

The weather for mid this week looks very bad again.

A couple of years ago I got the complete Cadfael set of books, ( secondhand paperback), I've finally started reading them, I don't normally read fiction but have found them enjoyable. I read each one in around an hour and a half to two hours.

Although the description of Cadfael is a rolling gaited former sea captain and crusader. I still see in my mind Derek Jacobi, a person very unlike the books description. 

I got a phone call yesterday, from my sailing compatriot, he's fit enough to launch his boat, so that's today's plan for the day.

But first breakfast and a muggacoffee.

Oh if you can't afford 25 million how about £440,000...

For a beach hut.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12016031/Britains-expensive-beach-huts-sale-2-1m-despite-having-no-toilets.html

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Before ascending the wooden hill, I went around and reset all the Real Clocks in the house so there would be no confusion this morning.  Now all I need do is check that the radio-controlled clocks bothered to listen to the time-change signal, otherwise its batteries out and reorientate them.  Just as much fuss as a Real Clock, without the character!

At least the Echo Dot with built in clock sorted itself out to wake me at the correct time!

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, polybear said:

And now?  Well even Alexa is in on the conspiracy by sayin' it's 8am when every clock in Bear Towers tells Bear it's really 7am.....

You're on the other side of Ireland now?

• Like 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A very good night last night, almost eight hours ZZZZ's despite bladder control pressing the button a couple of times. The extra hour in bed helped of course and as most of my clocks adjust themselves, only the cheap battery alarm cock kept as backup and my watch to reset. The first was easy but my watch is a bit fiddly as the button has two positions, one for setting the date and the other for setting the hands. I didn't reset it until this morning with natural light and the self adjusting clocks as a guide. Fortunately the clock in the car automatically adjusts itself though sometimes if I don't use the car for a couple of days after the clocks change it takes a few minutes to adjust itself. 

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Fortunately the clock in the car automatically adjusts itself

Reminds me, I need to sort Yeti out, just a question of going into the MultiFunctionalDisplay and unticking the daylight saving box.

• Like 14