The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all,

I have a couple of items pending too, I suspect one may be an item of mutual interest, loosely described as a 'buffet car'. 

Plus one for grey and dull, mid Wharfedale is not looking at its best today. Cold, wet and 'orrible outside. I won't be going far. 

Of certain recent AI pictures, two principal thoughts occur - Skippy looks a bit ... err ... 'nonplussed' at just what Bruce is up to, unless the 'photographer is a particularly attractive Sheila, I reckon he's going to be legging it to the hills in about 1.4 seconds time... And - why is that APC ploughing through industrial quantities of icing sugar? 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from the middle of the Battle of the Somme. The first part of this evening I spent watching a documentary on the Gunpowder Plot. Though we all know the basics it's the little details that are fascinating such as having to get the monarchs permission to torture Guy Fawkes (as the monarch was the main target that wasn't all that difficult). Time to put the kettle on, be back later. 

• Informative/Useful 14
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

1 minute ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from the middle of the Battle of the Somme. The first part of this evening I spent watching a documentary on the Gunpowder Plot. Though we all know the basics it's the little details that are fascinating such as having to get the monarchs permission to torture Guy Fawkes (as the monarch was the main target that wasn't all that difficult). Time to put the kettle on, be back later. 

We've just watched the Gunpowder Plot too. Thought it was really interesting; sensible presenters who didn't dominate and without patronising content.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 2