RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

7 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

For those who think that £15 is a lot for fish and chips…. 

Before the obligatory chorus of disapproval consider this: a ticket for the upcoming Manchester City vs Liverpool match are starting at £168 …

Can I have a double chorus of disapproval, please?

I think that price for a ticket to a football match is ridiculous as well!

Living in Nottingham in the early/mid 1970s, I had a choice of several First and Second division grounds to visit. I had no strong attachment to any English League team, so would choose the most attractive game on the day. I don’t recall paying much more than 1GBP for entry. Is the current game (not all the BS that surrounds it) worth 168 times more to watch?

Have a look at the prices on some of these stubs:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/gallery/2015/feb/17/football-ticket-prices-old-ticket-stubs

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, pH said:

Can I have a double chorus of disapproval, please?

I think that price for a ticket to a football match is ridiculous as well!

Living in Nottingham in the early/mid 1970s, I had a choice of several First and Second division grounds to visit. I had no strong attachment to any English League team, so would choose the most attractive game on the day. I don’t recall paying much more than 1GBP for entry. Is the current game (not all the BS that surrounds it) worth 168 times more to watch?

Have a look at the prices on some of these stubs:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/gallery/2015/feb/17/football-ticket-prices-old-ticket-stubs

In our day (back in the good ole days), they did not pay much for their players, unlike today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66613444

I doubt things like insurance was as much either, or everything else that goes with the game at the top these days.

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

It possibly would have been originally, methinks.

And the music not mimed, either!

Edited by southern42
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PupCam said:

Ah! I missed the fact that it had come from Chris!    That's very nice, as was the coach.

I do hope that Chris's unspeakable goodies have found a good home - wondering what might become of a Bear's goodies is one (very, very, very large) thing that can keep a Bear seriously awake at night if those 'sterds in the Wee Wee Control Room whack the button at 3am (other times are available).

3 hours ago, PupCam said:

I've finished off the RD generator extractor today and it worked a treat.  The rotor came off without even a whimper.

There's a feature in the current(ish) issue of Bike magazine all about the RD owners club; one clever bunny has built an RD600 triple....

3 hours ago, Barry O said:

@PupCam..the very one! Bur we lived in a maisonette about 5 minutes away from the Sports and Social club.. used to get the odd game of snooker (with the odd pint of AKs or two.

Baz

Rumour has it (from one of the Security Guards at the Great Empire) that, on it's very last evening of trading (no doubt the trade would've been rather good), the S & SC was unfortunately burgled after someone "allegedly" forgot to shut the Safe.  Could happen to anyone....

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

7 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear has neverevereverever had a Kebab....just one look at them is enough to convince me they're food poisoning just waiting to happen.

I assume this is because Bear has never drunk alcohol and has therefore sidestepped the requirement to have a large doner on the way home (“chilli soss m’fren?”).

You could always tell you’d had a doner by the little drips of grease on your shoes…

• Funny 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I can honestly say that I've never knowingly eaten a Big Mac here in the UK. Though when I visited the USA many years ago on a fly drive I practically lived on junk food. The reason was that most of the junk food emporiums such as Maccy D's, KFC and Pizza Hut ,and a few others that never made it to this side of the pond operated an 'Eat all you can for $1' scheme 11:00 to 15:00 and they even gave you doggie bags.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Only one dishwasher?  How do you cope?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/shopping/twin-dishwashers-become-middle-england-s-must-have-trend-as-families-look-to-declutter-their-kitchens/ar-AA1jOI0g?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e8b0c7fdc46b4223baed5770368e4deb&ei=30

ION.....

It seems that one of the Senior Coppers working on the Steven Lawrence Murder Investigation *may* have been bent.

No sh1t sherlock.

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear here....

Today's fun has comprised of Templot (still putting up a very, very good fight), a recce to the Co-op and the bottle bank.  What fun.

I also remembered I still haven't had the results of my chest x-ray from a few weeks ago (presumably no news is good news - but we're talkin' NHS here.....) so as the Surgery is only about 100 yards from the bottle bank I figured I'd call in rather than phone up.  Wrong.....

There was a note on the (closed) door shutter to say it was shut this afternoon "for staff training"; I've since heard that a friend's Surgery in Stevenage was also shut today as well for the same reason, so I guess today wasn't a great day to get sick.

BG

That has happened to me in the past, I think my surgery does training differently now.

Can you access your test etc results on line? I looked at the results from something I had checked last Friday this afternoon.

David

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear here....

Today's fun has comprised of Templot (still putting up a very, very good fight), a recce to the Co-op and the bottle bank.  What fun.

I also remembered I still haven't had the results of my chest x-ray from a few weeks ago (presumably no news is good news - but we're talkin' NHS here.....) so as the Surgery is only about 100 yards from the bottle bank I figured I'd call in rather than phone up.  Wrong.....

There was a note on the (closed) door shutter to say it was shut this afternoon "for staff training"; I've since heard that a friend's Surgery in Stevenage was also shut today as well for the same reason, so I guess today wasn't a great day to get sick.

BG

Now really my dear Bear you should know better than to say such things no day is good day to get sick were your local GP is concerned. You'd only go and create 'work' for them if you fell ill whilst you were on the premises. Far better to stagger outside, collapse on the pavement and wait for some poor innocent passerby to ring for an ambulance, get put on hold, be told that your call is important to them and listen to the Vivaldi, Def Leopard, iron maiden musak only then get told that no ambulances are available and can you make your own way there. Apologies for those ERs who have family who work in the medical profession but it's the rest of the &_£#@ who let you down.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

That has happened to me in the past, I think my surgery does training differently now.

Can you access your test etc results on line? I looked at the results from something I had checked last Friday this afternoon.

David

If only.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

We have two dishwashers, one by Bosch is rarely used because by the time it's full the first stuff in there would be a week old..

The other is...

me...

Evening Awl,

Back from the MRC a little while ago, where it was musical units of unmentionables night.

Yep the big switch round to make more useable space..

Some how I've gained 4 seat bases and 4 backs for narrow gauge carriage seats at 304mm to the foot scale. They will be incorporated into the future loom shed, where one set of units of unmentionables may reside.

Muggachoccy gone,

Goodnight Awl.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

On car batteries I had a shock when the battery died on my Audi. It was replaced under warranty so no issues there but I asked how much it'd cost later in the cars life and got a shock as apparently the battery has to be keyed into the cars electronic system so needed a specific battery and for an Audi service centre to do the job meaning £££££££££££££££s.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Friendly/supportive 14