The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

The Distant (Signal) West  has been cleaned to within an inch of its life.  Shiny bits sparkle.  Ordinary bits shine.  Job done then.  

I'm still paying £1.36/litre for motion lotion and took the opportunity to fill the tank today whilst in town.  I don't wish to be held hostage to price gouging on account of some shooty Houthi thank you very much.  

Dr. SWMBO's train is on time - which is a very rare phenomenon - meaning my Friday night is about to be interrupted in order to bring her the last 8 miles of her 320 mile journey home from work.  

And then it will be time for sleep followed by the weekend.  Yayyy.  

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I've been trying to catch up on Farcebook but its so slow it would make a snail look like a speed freak. Why it has to be so I don't know but now its so much carp.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Evening Awl,

MRC, made a gate, airmen for the standing by, raise gate, salute, lower gate.

Club house cold again, even though the heaters were on.

Tesco here, 137.9, diesel 144.9,  topped up the Landrover..   £98,22

Muggachoccy gone

Good night Awl.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

It's been a long day and I'm kn@ckered, goodnight all 

• Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 11

Been a bit of a funny old week. Traffic seems to be very light. Not certain if that's due to no schools, everybody on holiday, working from home or a combination of all. Hasn't improved the standard of driving with plenty of jumped lights and the obligatory ninety mile an hour fanatics. Still funny sort of 'damp blanket' on everything.

Petrol here hovering between £1.36 and £1.38. 

• Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

The forecast was winter storm warning Friday evening, blizzard warning Saturday. Near 6:00 it started snowing. There's now a prediction for a bit of rain around midnight.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 8

Grey, cool, looks damp but isn't.

An ideal day for finding things to do indoors and keeping warm.

A small packet from ebay was dispatched by the witless vendor by Yodel. The Yodel "tracking" page on their website announced that I should expect it on Monday.  It arrived this morning.  Luckily I was A. up and B. in...

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

' afternoon all from red dragon land.

Misty moisty sortaday. 5.2C - warmer than yesterday's near 0C temp.

First off, good wishes to those undergoing, waiting for, or recovering from treatment.

Notalot doing, so making the most of the time for my toot on the flute. Gradually making advances on playing at 30 bpm. So far, I am happy with the song's first line in keeping the beat and getting the sound I want out of the notes. The second line, keeping time the priority, is getting there and was a lot better after playing 7 times continuously, 6 times in a row (42 times in all!!!), but with a few short breaks in between. Another bash is on the cards after a mugadecaf. Sometimes, I envy those who find these things so easy! Still, at least I eventually get there - so far, anyway - and I do enjoy it.

Mugadecaf coming up.

Take care. Be good. Be patient.

Polly

• Like 15