The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Follow the science Bear, follow the science!

I think he is really, less food, more exercise. And he is doing it, unlike I am, I know lots of scientific stuff but I am still eating too much and not exercising enough. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I think he is really, less food, more exercise. And he is doing it, unlike I am, 

So far, so good....

....though I *may* have been a naughty Bear today....

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Cold and wet outside and expected to last until morning. I still have the stinking cold so tomorrow I'll contact the GP surgery to change the date of the sound scan.

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

The latest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68435167

His spokeswoman Kira Yarmysh said they had been unable to find a hearse to drive the body to church.

"Unknown people are calling mortuaries and threatening them if they accept to take Alexei's body," Ms Yarmysh said.

It is not known which members of Navalny's family will be able to attend the funeral other than his mother, Lyudmila, who recently publicly accused the authorities of withholding her son's body.

Navalny's children Daria, 23, and Zakhar, 15, live abroad.

His widow, Yulia, is not thought to currently live in Russia, but might be at risk of being arrested if she returns due to her work with Navalny's team and her recent public declarations in which she blamed Russian President Vladimir Putin for her husband's death.

VSBT's.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 11
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Rough night last night, woke several times varying complicated dreams including one where I witnessed bad cops killing multiple people in an abandoned warehouse and whilst trying to escape them they planted the gun used to kill people on me so I'd get the blame.  Wow, where did that come from, it had the hallmarks of a movie.  I did once experience a dream that actually had end credits!

Felt quite low this morning, not sure but I think I am actually depressed, not so bad that I cannot function but enough that nothing is giving me joy and if this has been going on some time it might explain the poor sleep patterns.

Today was another day off, so me and Mrs W took a trip to Pendle Hill and walked up the steep way and down the easier way.  A nice hour and a half walk, could have gone further but for the awful wind up on top, it was freezing and making my ears hurt despite a hat.

IMG_6988.jpg.0bcd7d0b640cf6860cbdd941116cf4cb.jpg

Despite the forecast, it stayed dry so no slippy conditions to contend with, then off to the Calf's Head pub in Worston for a meal, decent GF menu for Mrs W.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring, I fancied tram surfing South Manchester again, but Mrs W fancies doing something different just doesnt know what yet.

I'll wave as you go past.

• Like 2
  • Funny 13

17 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

It's inadvisable to weigh yourself every day - daily fluctuations in weight can be up to about a kilo or so depending upon a number of factors ...

The most reliable way of weighing yourself is to weigh yourself once a week at the same time on the same day, after voiding (solids and liquids) before eating or drinking anything and preferably completely unclothed. This helps smooth out the daily fluctuations in weight.

Flavio, I concur regarding what you say about fluctuations however I remain a fan of daily weighing - with the recommendations in your second paragraph. 

It is indeed important to not be alarmed by daily fluctuations, but going a whole week can encourage trending bad behaviour which can go unnoticed with a week between measurements and result in a big shock. Much depends on one's temperament. Daily weighing can be a good reinforcement while weekly measurement is the way to assess progress.

• Like 12
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1