Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

4 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Flavio, I concur regarding what you say about fluctuations however I remain a fan of daily weighing - with the recommendations in your second paragraph. 

It is indeed important to not be alarmed by daily fluctuations, but going a whole week can encourage trending bad behaviour which can go unnoticed with a week between measurements and result in a big shock. Much depends on one's temperament. Daily weighing can be a good reinforcement while weekly measurement is the way to assess progress.

I must disagree, I believe you don’t need to weigh yourself daily, more importantly you need to accurately (and honestly) track what you eat. I cannot stress or emphasise enough the importance of tracking your consumption. Most people (and I once included myself in this category) have absolutely no idea as to how many calories (or grams of fat, protein and carbohydrate) are in what they eat.

So, without accurate tracking, you’d end up doing something like having a “light lunch” of a sausage roll, a bag of crisps and a half a pint of beer only to find, when you look up the calorie content of what you ate, that your “light lunch” was the best part of 800 cal.

@polybear has already informed us that he’s recently been a “bit naughty” and that’s where the rot begins. If you are serious about loosing and - more importantly - keeping off weight, you really have to say goodbye to your previous lifestyle. Anyone can give up pizza, or mac ‘n’ cheese or fish & chips (or whatever) for a few weeks and lose weight, to keep that weight off, you have to pretty much permanently say goodbye to pizza, or mac ‘n’ cheese or fish & chips. At best they’ll be an occasional treat.

If you don’t “keep your eye on the ball” and “keep on the straight and narrow” (to trot out a few clichés) - then you are condemned to regaining the weight you’ve worked so hard to lose.

Trust me on this: been there, done that, got the XXXXL T-shirt!

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

26 minutes ago, Barry O said:

WHITE RABBITS! ...

Or should it be "MARCH HAIRS"??

Baz

It's TiggerDay because it's SPRING!!!

• Like 6
  • Funny 12

15 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

No its not..

'tis!

Meterological Spring: 1st March

Astronomical Spring: 21st March

Of course, you'll be facing Meterological Autumn....

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2

You can tell its very wet, the school run is hectic, mums not wanting their little darlings to shrink in the wet!

And the police helichopper is buzzing around like a demented bumblebee, I think they're chasing someone...

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, DaveF said:

......a black BMW which didn't quite make it round a sharp bend, ending in a field. 

Not uncommon.....

• Agree 6
  • Funny 10