Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

The voters in the constituency where I reside always vote for a flower, never for a tree.

To show my independence I'll not vote for either, because they're as bad as each other.  But by voting for someone else, I'll have proven (in my mind at least) that the eventual outcome IS NOT MY FAULT.

All we need do now is wait for the inevitable General Election.

Unless Rishi does a Putin and passes a bill maintaining him in power in perpetuity....

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Sometimes monster raving loonies  have an attraction...

• Like 2
  • Agree 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 minutes ago, Hroth said:

You're lucky.

My council is infected by the 20mpg bug, and signs are spreading like an ugly rash, even on A roads.

If they could get away with it, they'd have bylaws that all motor vehicles have to be preceded by a bloke with a red flag.

Wouldn't it be easier to just ban them altogether- apart from the ones they drive of course.

• Like 2
  • Agree 13

12 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Sometimes monster raving loonies  have an attraction...

Trouble is they don't get enough votes because if they did the others would actually have to do something.

• Agree 11

10 minutes ago, Hroth said:

You're lucky.

My council is infected by the 20mpg bug, and signs are spreading like an ugly rash, even on A roads.

If they could get away with it, they'd have bylaws that all motor vehicles have to be preceded by a bloke with a red flag.

Sounds like that would create a lot of employment. For undertakers.

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7

6 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Wouldn't it be easier to just ban them altogether- apart from the ones they drive of course.

Of course, the Lycra Loons and Field Ornament riders just ignore all road signs!

3 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I wouldn't worry my dear Bear one wouldn't fit on your noggin anyway.

I believe you can get "Facinators" with elastic bands to hold them on, which would suit Bear.  I would have thought a nailgun would be safe for the habitual wearers of such scraps of Millinery, there's nothing in the head to get damaged...

• Like 2
  • Funny 12

48 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I wouldn't worry my dear Bear one wouldn't fit on your noggin anyway.

Cue someone doing an AI image of a polar bear wearing a fascinator

I'll look away now.

[EDIT] then I had a thought

I asked

write a haiku about a polar bear wearing a fascinator

ChatGPT

Arctic queen adorned,

Fascinator's icy gleam,

Graceful in the snow.

Which may or may not fit on several levels

Edited by Coombe Barton
Addition
  • Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Trouble is they don't get enough votes because if they did the others would actually have to do something.

Proportional representation did the job here last election. A whole swag of Liberals (our Tories) lost safe  blue-ribbon seats that had been Liberal since the dawn of time  when Independants who leaned to the centre right economically but were sick of the Liberals poor climate policies targeted them .

Their votes when combined with the preferences of Labor and the Greens unseated  the Libs from nearly all  their  posh harbour-side seats in Sydney and even the  safe-as-houses former Melbourne seat of Kooyong, once held by Robert Menzies, who was our ultimate Tory and was PM for about 100 years.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7

54 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. A bit late on parade this afternoon as I took longer in the bath and then it was time for din-dins.

This was in my inbox this afternoon, what Underground station are you?

https://xd.wayin.com/display/container/dc/6b1a221c-0f7a-4305-a22c-1c5ec19843ce/details

It appears that I'm Oxford Circus.

Mornington Crescent 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 6

1 hour ago, Coombe Barton said:

... Work – it would be better if they turned up, both to teaching sessions and to appointments they’ve requested. I can think of better ways of spending my time. ...

https://johncolby.wordpress.com/2024/03/07/covid-enquiry-in-wales-day-8-bozo-threat-to-the-uk-and-a-mostly-frustrating-day-workwise/

I've got that CD, when it first came out*.  Beautiful music.

* 1982?  Where have the years gone...

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 6

2 hours ago, Barry O said:

@polybear..

IMG-20240305-WA0002.jpg.4da172d81e6563e1d6cceca73073ccef.jpga

This is a fascinator.. 

Mrs O works in a sue ryder charity shop.. she found a WYPTE Kerching card today (a pre paid multiple use bus ticket.. which, when you put it in the ticket machine the machine went "Kerching"whilecit stamped the date and time on it.

They find all sorts of stuff in donations..

Baz

Can it get DAB+ or is it just FM?

• Funny 18