The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

The sisters husband has recently been very critical of us going on holiday. 

Let me guess....the same rules don't apply to him.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 17

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Pedestrian.

What you need is one of these:

https://www.migaloo-submarines.com/m5/

And it's definitely one of those "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" purchases

I'll believe all the PR Hype when he's actually built a real one......

ION......

VHBAW's to @New Haven Neil and Mrs. N on the occasion of their Ruby Anniversary 👏 🍰

(Apparently that's 40 years - jeez......)

• Like 8
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, polybear said:

Oh yes.....

Bear saw one of these during my wander yesterday....

Brace yourselves......

image.png.eebe77087b37c03776d16882cca4e225.png

Aditi “it looks horrible, dark green would be nice”

• Like 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Dinner tonight was cottage pie with mixed vegetables followed by bread and butter pudding and very nice it was too. When my Senior Citizens Railcard arrives I will set about taking a few breaks, maybe a few days in North Wales travelling on things that cannot be mentioned that travel on parallel strips of metal a little closer together than usual. Now to tackle Farcebook.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Where has everyone gone this evening, am I missing a big event somewhere?

David

Bear's here......

.....I did disappear for a while - a nice, Hippo-free wallow.

1 minute ago, TheQ said:

Of lying on the floor, our missing member mention a week or two ago has returned, he went to the Norfolk and Norwich A&E, wife driving. Walked to the door and collapsed... He spent a week in intensive care, COPD, pneumonia etc.. so what was he doing tonight? Yep standing outside for a fag.....

Some people you just can't help....

ION......

Jeez.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-cambridgeshire-68538480

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-68518332

BG

• Like 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Thanks 5

13 hours ago, polybear said:

Oh yes.....

Bear saw one of these during my wander yesterday....

Brace yourselves......

image.png.eebe77087b37c03776d16882cca4e225.png

THAT is hideous (and the pink colour scheme does it no favours).

I used to hanker after having a Land Rover, but that sort of went the way of the Dodo when they discontinued the “real” Defender back in 1997 (LR now have the “Defender 110” in their range - but, as I see it, it’s not a “proper” Landrover - just another Chelsea Tractor). In the past you had the Land Rover Defender, The Toyota Land Cruiser and The Mercedes G Class - all of which had their own unique look and were built like tanks. Nowadays? They all look alike and it’s hard to vision them doing anything more demanding than taking Tarquin and Clarissa to school in Chelsea or Kensington.

It seems that I’m not the only one thinking that a proper Land Rover would be nice to have. Jim Ratcliffe, the Billionaire, also thought that way and having a bit more spare cash than most of us decided to do something about it and came up with this: https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/gb/ Were I (now) in the market for an off-roader, I’d certainly be very interested in a Grenadier.

As it is, I am in the market for a tiny city runabout. What the Chinese are doing in this area is quite eye-opening. They are building a lot of different micro and mini-EVs: they are not very fast (mostly < 70kph) and they don’t have an extensive travel range (often under 150km) - but that’s not the point - they are designed to zip around town, park anywhere and charge rapidly. The Chinese are definitely the world leaders here (and have started to tie-up with the likes of Opel and MB)

Unfortunately, the choice of Chinese micro EVs is rather limited in Switzerland, but the Swiss have come up with the Microlino - a modern Bubble Car that is a nippy little EV: https://microlino-car.com/en/

It gets pretty good reviews as well:

• Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 11

Happy Birthday to Neil

You're just as old as you feel!

And in case that just don't work

Put your feet up and relax!

e j thribb

Hope you have a good day!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1