Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

its the third of three transformers  that form part of the Waratah Super Battery facility

Back home we had a beastie that size trundle close to home in the middle of the night on it's way from the Port of Brisbane, many moons ago. Fun to watch. They don't bother to go around the round-abouts - just through.

Lots of route planning was involved, dodging and if necessary deactivating, overhead wires.

• Like 19

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

We're actually in the "maybe" zone for the Aurora Borealis here in Portland, but it won't be visible with the light pollution. With darker skies Central Oregon is a big possibility. The new moon gives everyone a better chance too.

For the same reason the Aurora Australis is supposedly visible at the moment as far north as Queensland ,  not for me though because its raining...

Clear skies further south gave a good display going by all the pics online.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, PupCam said:

Evening All

Didn't go easily for me or mother and after that we've both had a very similar coldy/fluy/spaced out weirdness symptoms.    Unless you can catch such viruses via a Faceache Portal one did not infect the other!

We seem to be heading back to normality now I'm pleased to say, it was not good!

Bear has located a Chemist just a couple of miles away that does private jabs - they offer a choice of vaccine as well; the 'net suggests that less people have issues with Pfizer than with Modena - guess which one the NHS use......

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

16.7 degrees here, I've got the heating on!

15C here , only hot water heating on. Windows open too. It is forecast to be about 20C later.  

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

I was too tired to stay up aurura watching last night and slept very soundly.  This morning it is pleasant but humid with some cloud and a slight mist, the gentle breeze is off the sea.

Last night I opened a packet of oatcakes with a cheese and marmite flavour.  They were surprisingly good - but I do like marmite.  They will be something a bit different for supper, with or without any cheese.  I am trying not to eat too many sweet things last thing at night.  The fibre in them is useful too.

Today I need to sort out the intercessions for church tomorrow as the person whose turn it is has gone away on holiday.    I want to look at some more of my older photos and will probably scan more old family ones.  Then I could do something in the garden, or work on a model, or I might just sit and read.

David

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Don’t think I’ll bother on a 20% chance

So I looked out of the window and saw only dark skies. No hint of aurora. 

Everyone else saw a magnificent display. 

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Possibly the driver had a medical emergency.

According to the BBC website he was arrested so my guess he was p1ssed.

• Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2