The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Our Waitrose is to close in June.  Slowly all the offers they did started to vanish in the last year.  I wondered if they were in more trouble than John Lewis made out.

It opened about 2013.

Apparently being sold to another supermarket.

Morrisons and small Co-op in Teignmouth.

Sainsburys in Dawlish.

Asda, Sainsburys, Iceland, Tesco, Lidl and soon an Aldi in Newton Abbot.

Any guesses what ours will be? Answers on the back of a till receipt to someone that shives a git.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Next doors van was parked about a foot over my drive when I got home from the club tonight, I just managed to squeeze my car on to my drive. I thought that something had been done about it but it appears not.

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold

I haven’t done much today except to look through files for information while Aditi filled out forms for our next chat with someone financial on Friday. 

All done. 

I think I will start clearing that which needs clearing from the garage tomorrow.

in a few days I may be ready to dismantle some of my OO layout. Hopefully it will reappear in an improved version. 

Tony

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

One of the things in the way in my garage is a 64 litre box of Model Railroader magazines. I did try a couple of years ago to dispose of magazines to clubs but apparently they are also keen to rid themselves  of donated magazines.

Tony

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

The swimming pool was quite busy when I got there, but  a few minutes after I entered the water several people got, I do hope it wasn’t anything I did! After that it was down to single figures, which made swimming a lot easier, I managed to do just short of 100 lengths before cramp kicked in, so I decided to call it a day. As I mentioned earlier, I called at the butchers for some chicken fillets, whilst there I treated myself to a pork pie. 

Evie and Max were dropped off after school, Ava was dropped of a little later as she had been on a school trip to see “The Magic Flute” which was preformed in full costume, but sung in english, from what Ava has said, she thoroughly enjoyed it.

Once they’d dropped them back at home we had a quick tidy up then sat and watched a bit of recorded TV. I set up the James May programme about Hornby and I’ll hopefully catch up with that sometime over the weekend. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 18

Morning All,

We have a very blustery day in this part of the world.  Looking out of the office window this morning, there is a leaden sky with skudding clouds.  However, it is quite clear and certainly very mild for the time of year.

There isn't a lot else to report, so I guess it is time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry and breezy start with the chance of some bright spells and showers.

Still can't shift this flippin' cold however that is nothing compared to some of our friends on here.

As foretold by the prophets I suspected although we shopped yesterday we will have to do so again today.

After that my thoughts need to be directed towards the garden and more carp clearance in the shed area.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 16

16 hours ago, JohnDMJ said:

Who is giving the 'concert'?

Some girl group who prance around in their underwear. 

Hence, i'm happy to attend, but will reserve some cheese for my ears to avoid having to listen to them. 

:biggrin_mini2: 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold

It's supermarket heaven (or hell depending how you feel) around here. Within about a mile there are 2 large and 1 small Sainsbury's, 1 large and 2 small Tesco, 1 large and 1 smallish  Asda. Travel another mile or so and you can find a couple of Lidls,  Waitrose, a Morrisons and coming shortly Aldi.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 10

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

It is still raining here. Pah!

Not many people at the club last night but we do have a presentation there tonight. I expect one or two more people to turn up.

Body clock just about normalised.

Starting to go through all our photos...there are lots and lots of them...

First mugatea drunk..another one required.

Best wishes to all that ail or are missing 

Baz

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Good morning and its a sunny one so far.

My plans to do work outside are on hold as have got back pain - strange how that often occurs after sitting on the ironing boards on a Great White Worm for any length of time. Unfortunately I am likely ot be on one again tomorrow ot LBG but will walk to Liverpool Street from there assuming its not raining.

So more modelling today. I do need to start on the Santa Barbara stock to get it ready for Ally Pally.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s raining, it has been since the wee small hours and doesn’t look like it’s going to stop! Once Sheila has got herself ready for her Zumba class, I’ll are a start on a fresh batch of leek and potato soup. Once that little task is out of the way I’ll either head down stairs and continue working in the cellar, or spend a couple of hours in the workshop. The later is looking favourite a we have James and Amelia coming round for tea tonight, so I won’t get a full afternoon in the cellar. 

Back later

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a place where it's bright at the moment but a bit changeable.   More wood got sawn up yesterday and the trunk of a plum tree is now in several large pieces in a friends garage.   He has a wood turning lathe and has promised us a bowl in due course.   In the evening we went to a quiz and enjoyed it.  However they sold toffees and a crown is now wrapped up and residing in my wallet rather than in my mouth.  

This morning we are off to a family run distillery to buy cognac and pineau.  It's very nice stuff at a good price.   It's a hard life.

We have 3 different Intermarche supermarkets all about 10 miles away, west, North west and north of us. Lecelerc's have two branches 20 miles east and south west.  There are also Lidl and a larger Intermarche near the south western Leclerc.   The main thing is to educate house guests that they can't raid the fridge with impunity or else they might be doing a 20 mile round trip to replenish the stolen goods, or face the wrath of the ayatollah.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Morning, quietish up here on the edge of the Cairngorms for a change, though it does look like rain to come. We are in a small village with zero amenities, but equidistant between the huge metropoli of Dundee and Aberdeen, so SWMBO can shop till she drops(which is quite frequent) but seem to lack any useful shops like a decent fishing tackle shop and no decent model shops that I have noticed either. Comestibles are found locally with relative ease, though we use the farmers markets more and more these days, plastic wrapped de skinned and more often than not, devoid of any flavor stuff is left on the shelves of the nationals.

• Like 19