RMweb

Deesdale Road, (Now owned by Peter BB)

Andrew P

Cheers guys, don't know what to say to all that, I think it's hard to look at your own stuff in that way but I'm kinda overwhelmed by the telling off ha ha and if I'm honest I miss it.

As I think you will miss deesdale Andy, lovely layout and the extensions you added to just made it better and better, that in itself is a skill.

Thanks again Andy and jack

I have been well and truly told ha ha

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy. Just discovered "Deesdale Road", another one of your "little crackers". I ought to have checked out all your links (at the foot of each of your posts) by now, but this was a new one on me. An informative read, as things developed.

And you sometimes imply YOU lack inspiration!!! Pull the other one! :beee:

Jeff

• Like 1

Well guys and galls, what a great weekend, I had Mike, John and Peter BB (Deesdales new owner) as my trusted team on Saturday and on Sunday George T replaced John and we had another really good day. Overall the weekend went well dispite a few problems when we set up in the club room to test prior to loading for the weekend. The show is a really good one our only regret was not being available for the train rides and BBQ on the Saturday evening. It was great to meet so many RM members and the first face to greet me on Saturday as we walked in was Andy Y with his usual big warm welcome and friendly banter. Here are my last pics from the weekend as promised, the first is of the new owner Peter BB on the right and Mike, please enjoy and thanks to everyone who has heaped praise on my less than avaerage efforts. Cheers all, Andy.

post-9335-0-53959100-1345470441_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-05894600-1345470474_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-75912100-1345470533_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-91444700-1345470602_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-49885400-1345470662_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33477200-1345470712_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-95763600-1345470790_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-98619300-1345470856_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-76599800-1345470967_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-74387700-1345471017_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-31348500-1345471066_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

As a matter of interest Andy, what kind of figures are we talking about for the sale of a layout like Deesdale Road (or similar)?

I assume it's just the layout and control system - but not all your locos and weathered stock. I'm just curious, as the true value of a layout is well beyond the bits that make it up - especially the amount of time put into building it. Of course, any sale that preserves the layout - at whatever price - is better than scrapping it through lack of space!

Jeff

• Like 1

As a matter of interest Andy, what kind of figures are we talking about for the sale of a layout like Deesdale Road (or similar)?

I assume it's just the layout and control system - but not all your locos and weathered stock. I'm just curious, as the true value of a layout is well beyond the bits that make it up - especially the amount of time put into building it. Of course, any sale that preserves the layout - at whatever price - is better than scrapping it through lack of space!

Jeff

Hi Mate I have P.M. you, cheers Andy.

Andy, l have watched Deesdale Road grow and grow, from the small baseboard l gave you at the start to what it is now, and l must say that it is a very detailed layout, you had put so much effort into every aspect of the modern day scene, l must say it has given me and many others on the RMweb and at many exhibitions a lot of inspiration to go and build something for themselves, and it worked a treat on her last day, l really enjoyed operating her for the last time, l know that you were a little stressed out with losing such a great layout, and who can blame you, with all the hard work you had put in, lm sure PeterBB will love her as much as you and the rest of us did, Farewell Deesdale Road.............

GeorgeT

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

I have lost the previous 4 attempts at replying so this time I will just say a big thank you to Andy for Deesdale, the latest published pictures, and remind him that his loss is indeed my gain but that he can have access whenever because it is still local.

Thanks to Steve and his team at Butterley and great to see George T again.

Hopefully this time I will be able to post ... cheers, Peter BB

• 5 months later...

Hi All, Well Deesdale will rear its head above the parapet aging soon.

It will be in Railway Modeller next Month, (March Edition, due out 14th Feb) and NEW OWNER Peter BB has it booked for a show in August this year at the Great Central Railway, Nottingham and at Burton in 2014 so I wish him well with his foray into Exhibiting a Layout. 

All the best,

Andy.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi All, Well Deesdale will rear its head above the parapet aging soon.

It will be in Railway Modeller next Month, (March Edition, due out 14th Feb) and NEW OWNER Peter BB has it booked for a show in August this year at the Great Central Railway, Nottingham and at Burton in 2014 so I wish him well with his foray into Exhibiting a Layout. 

All the best,

Andy.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting me back into the site and advertising Deesdale's future ... Looking forward to Tuesday's session at G&W.  Actually went into the garage this morning but without the 'protection' of a closed door - not possible when currently trying to work - it was soon a lost venture - too cold by far... can't wait to get the 'proper door' sorted so that I can get on.

Trebudoc - the photographs made the station look good but the real thing looks absolutely fantastic and the recently added lights really show it up beautifully in the dark.  Cheers, PeterBB

Hello Peter. Welcome to the RMWeb its great to have you on board at last, looking forward to seeing 'Deesdale Road' run again under your management, dont forget there is always help and someone to talk to with any problems you have with the layout, just ask.

It was great to see you and Mike at Stafford, All the very best with your new venture, and keep the posts coming,

George.

• 6 months later...

Hi Andy

I did not realise that you were taking photos, otherwise I might have ducked down to save spoiling the picture !!!!!

I had a great afternoon at the Ruddington show, a show which I thoroughly enjoy. Operating Deesdale Road was an added pleasure. I'm not sure that I ran it to it's full potential, but it was fun all the same. A big thank you to Peter BB for making me welcome and being part of the team.

Looking forward to the Midland RailEx this weekend. Hope to see you there.

Binny

• Like 1

Hi Andy

I did not realise that you were taking photos, otherwise I might have ducked down to save spoiling the picture !!!!!

I had a great afternoon at the Ruddington show, a show which I thoroughly enjoy. Operating Deesdale Road was an added pleasure. I'm not sure that I ran it to it's full potential, but it was fun all the same. A big thank you to Peter BB for making me welcome and being part of the team.

Looking forward to the Midland RailEx this weekend. Hope to see you there.

Binny

Hi Jeff, you are on Glen Roy on Saturday, :O hahahaaa

SMILE your on camera, :declare:  :declare:  :declare:  haahaaa

Bodgit :sungum:

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Late in reply - my usual access problems - memory for numerous passwords poor! 

Andy's Deesdale Road with a few minor alterations had its first outing 'under new management' at Ruddington on 3rd/4th August 2013.  A baptism of fire having always been with Andy's great layouts and leaving the worrying to him.  Peter Blount and colleagues were a great help on the Friday when I arrived to set up - it took me ages - much longer than 'we' used to take but it was worth it because it meant that I knew what everything was and where it was which proved very useful over the weekend when the odd problem arose.  At close down Andy and Mike offered to help but they had had a hectic weekend and I needed to complete the 'full' works to include packing.  Good experience to get to know the scene and very pleased that Andy passed Deesdale on to me.

In running terms I was very pleased with the performance and with the appreciation shown and with one or two modifications - issues for steam and class 66 locos which have an amazingly small tolerance to any slight misalignment - looking forward to running at Burton on 3rd November 2013.

The future ... well hopefully will be able to take up a future invitation that was given.

Cheers, Peter

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Andy, thanks for the pictures - they show it off well. Also thanks to Geoff, Chris and John who each gave me a breather to get sustenance and make the weekend so enjoyable.

Cheers, Peter

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

At last managed to get back on.

Well, time flies and belated thanks to John Mansfield especially who spent many hours with me modifying and making Deesdale work properly.  This meant that at the Brewery Museum in Burton 0n 3rd November 2013 and with David M and John M as working partners we had a fantastic day with no running problems.  The new station lights looked great when on but intermittently turned themselves off - need to look at the 6v transformer overheating.   Thanks to to Jeff and co at Burton for the facilities.

There are ideas in mind to make further modifications for the  2014 season… 

Cheers, Peter BB

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, I still miss DR but here are a few previously unseen pics from the last show I did with the Layout, Midland Railex at Butterly / Swanwick in August 2012.

post-9335-0-38757800-1396685996_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-53286400-1396686028_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-57484500-1396686055_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-25592100-1396686100_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-23479000-1396686242_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-84546500-1396686280_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46155500-1396686318_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46647800-1396686417_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-38100800-1396686495_thumb.jpg

Bodge :sungum:

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Andy,  

Some nice stock and an awful person picture!  Looking at the stock now it pre-dates the 'fashion change' to weathering.  

Deesdale looks slightly different from those days now ... the '66' problem has led to a recent point change; it has station lights and will, by Loughborough, have some points operated by Seep motors rather than welding wire.  

Hope the move goes well because we need your models 'on the circuit'

Cheers, Peter BB

• Like 2

Andy,  

Some nice stock and an awful person picture!  Looking at the stock now it pre-dates the 'fashion change' to weathering.  

Deesdale looks slightly different from those days now ... the '66' problem has led to a recent point change; it has station lights and will, by Loughborough, have some points operated by Seep motors rather than welding wire.  

Hope the move goes well because we need your models 'on the circuit'

Cheers, Peter BB

Cheers Peter, SEEP Motors, well that will be nice, are you having a detachable control panel as with Glen Roy? or built in as per Fiddlers Yard / Loch Leven?