Warren Lane

bugs bunny

• RMweb Premium

Wow man the electrical work is awesome i love how you can make it go to any track in the fiddle yard from the tracks on your layout the switch setup you have done is wacky i cant get my head around it hehe nice work though :).

The wiring diagrams for it can be described as intense.

On a very quiet night shift, so the Secondary remote panel has been started, worked on, and finished. I'll try to remember to post a picture of it later this morning when i get home. Tomorrow will be complete control system electrical test day :-)

Front of the panel:

post-9147-0-02499200-1372232103_thumb.jpg

I completely forgot to add lines on the plan from the rotary switch to the position descriptions before it was sealed together, but it lines up so well when switched round it's positions that hopefully that won't be an operating issue.

And in the back:

post-9147-0-00964700-1372232111_thumb.jpg

Very simple open frame design for this panel, colour plan is sandwiched between 2 A4 sized pieces of perspex and fixed to 2 wooden battons top and bottom. Another piece of perspex fitted to the back helps keep it all straight and protect the wiring. Still another couple of bits of wood to add to aid with attaching it to the layout.

Now it's all finished and works, for anyone stupid enough to loose a couple of months of their life building a similar system here are the diagrams. Ignore most of the early on component numbers, i gave up on doing that for all of it ages ago!

I've also just finshed typing up a 'quick' setup and check guide for the panels. It ended up being 2 pages....

post-9147-0-46386300-1372284254_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-96820800-1372284549_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-36325500-1372284264_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-01937300-1372284274_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-77510600-1372284278_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-07429500-1372284285_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-12441700-1372284291_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-57202800-1372284296_thumb.jpg

There was diagrams for 'Default Turnout Positions' somewhere too which helps explain why which relay/relays is/are activated for various switch positions, not sure where i've put that, most of it is in my head now anyway.

I'm gonna go lie down.

• RMweb Premium

signalbox is our local shop up in rochester was bought out by modelzone about ten years ago very good but modelzone and signalbox have gone into administration today

• RMweb Premium

Also gives me more reason some time to go to Liverpool to see fiddlers ferry freight traffic and go to Hattons.

But yes I agree it would be very cool to have a good excuse to have didcot day.

Alan,

Howzabout a re-cap on where Warren Lane is at as of "now"?

I'm a little confused with all the responses from different people (please reply whilst SG is having a, well deserved lie down :senile: ).

Cheers, Pete.

I'll save some gratuitous panel and train pictures until Al's given you a good update Pete ;-) It is a bit all over the place at the moment with several little projects going on at once to get the extension sorted.

Edit: Al, i did a couple of website updates.....erm..........sorry?! ;-)

Hi Matt

The Control panel is a masterpiece....

Its just a shame it will be tucked around the back where people cant see it.

I really appreciate all the hard work you have put into this. :good:

If only you could Paint as well as you solder :blum:

Alan,

Howzabout a re-cap on where Warren Lane is at as of "now"?

I'm a little confused with all the responses from different people (please reply whilst SG is having a, well deserved lie down :senile: ).

Cheers, Pete.

Pete

They say a picture paints a thousand words so

Courtesy of Matt who is updating the Web Site

post-9211-0-53058400-1372352178.jpg

The bottom Diagram is the original WL

The middle is the current extended version

And the top is the final version  when we finally have the main line in operation.

It will give a completely new element to WL with main line Expresses and many other types of Traffic passing the yard.

• RMweb Premium

You will have to commute to Essex   :yes:

very true. gives me an excuse to come up to essex more often. i'm still holding out hope for signalbox.

practicality of it is though that if it were to go there's always Hattons.

Archived