Warren Lane

bugs bunny

Hi Matt

The Control panel is a masterpiece....

Its just a shame it will be tucked around the back where people cant see it.

I really appreciate all the hard work you have put into this. :good:

If only you could Paint as well as you solder :blum:

Thanks Alan, i could replace all the wood with perspex...... (no)

Let me know if/when there's likely to be a change of point motor type in the Fiddle Yard, the change in wiring required is in my head (probably should draw it down before i forget again) and it shouldn't take too long to make the adaptions.

A little light photography:

Dull ones first, cable ends all labled up.

post-9147-0-42171200-1372360769_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-58924000-1372360806_thumb.jpg

The inside of the panel door now most of the tape has been removed.

post-9147-0-07895100-1372360784_thumb.jpg

All the +/-12v jumpers linked to the relays ready to feed to the point motors. Very messy!

post-9147-0-13437200-1372360795_thumb.jpg

And powered up :-) Turns out not all Chinese LED's are made equal, some tweeking was required to isolate all the different colours from each other electrically as the reds tend to take all the current away from the green. Which is a pain. But looking at the picture, you can see the LED set red on the crane panel is repeated down to the main panel and the shunters panel. In theory this should tell the train operators not to move the train on that line as the crane is 'attached' to it.

The yellow LEDs on the crane panel warn the crane operator that the turnouts at each end are set to those lines to make them aware that a train could move from there. It's very easy to get blinkered while operating the cranes and not see the train movements coming, and that's when the cranes break.

post-9147-0-48468700-1372360754_thumb.jpg

Speaking of trains and my inability to paint well, with the mainline coming into use big Al has given approval for me to provide a steel train (up to 6ft) so i thought i'd do a quick measurement check to make sure it fits. 5ft of train plus 1ft of grubby Heljan 58. I'm quite happy with my red re-paint on the wagons here Alan, they just need a weather.

post-9147-0-02249500-1372360459_thumb.jpg

THAT IS ALL.

Thanks Ralph.

I've a couple of yellow BAAs myself which could do with repainting Matt, which colour by whom did you use please mate?

C6T.

It's 2 coats of Railmatch 'Rail red'. the cradles obviously can all be removed for painting but the ends were very well masked from the rest of the wagon first. can be seen here: 

post-9147-0-80679300-1372405215_thumb.jpg

HTH

Last little bit:

Brackets fitted to panels so they can hang off the edge of the backscene. A scrap piece of 12mm ply can be seen at the far end as a backscene stand in for spacing.

post-9147-0-83041700-1372424512_thumb.jpg

And the Secondary panel after similar treatment hanging off the tool chest :-)

post-9147-0-17178600-1372424504_thumb.jpg

That, most definately now, is all.

• RMweb Premium

Last little bit:

Brackets fitted to panels so they can hang off the edge of the backscene. A scrap piece of 12mm ply can be seen at the far end as a backscene stand in for spacing.

attachicon.gifDSCF3398.JPG

And the Secondary panel after similar treatment hanging off the tool chest :-)

attachicon.gifDSCF3397.JPG

That, most definately now, is all.

i like the clip board

• RMweb Premium

i saw an unusual container on the way back from seeing al. couldnt get photo unfortunately. it was GE Healthcare in white.

would be cool to model. just gotta find some pictures now

• RMweb Premium

al or matt.

the rmweb'ber that sent us all those container pics do you think he might have some pics? have you got his details so i could pm him and ask?

phil

al or matt.

the rmweb'ber that sent us all those container pics do you think he might have some pics? have you got his details so i could pm him and ask?

phil

Leave it with us....We know just the man

Archived