RMweb

Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

My mojo for modelling is slowly coming back, so I decided it was about time I altered the chimney on my 1000 County and i will re name it County of Gloucester (my county of birth). the first thing to do was to pull out the single chimney and then cut and file the remains of the old chimney down. Th ephotos show the first lot of filing down and the atrial fit of the new 247 developments double chimney.

post-7090-0-67773600-1346182848_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-16020000-1346182875_thumb.jpg

I feel thereis a tad more filing to do and to drill holes in the double chimney.

Edited by westerner
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Nice work.

I've got one of the ex Jackson Evans County detailing kits which I intend to inflict on my County one day. Although she will keep her County of Cornwall identity :)

I did them quite a few years ago . As far as I remember they were brush painted with a dirty black and track dirt (acrylics) mix which was painted with vertical strokes and then with an almost dry brush taken off again. Now i would probably use an airbrush.

A little more work today on the chimney and old smokebox handle. Seem to have got rid of the latter but I may do a bit more work blending in the chimney. Trouble is you only see what needs to be donby taking the photo which blows everything at least 3 times life size.

post-7090-0-76217700-1347304822_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-73338800-1347304834_thumb.jpg

Edited by westerner
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Alan, love the first photo in post 411. It evokes images of the train slowing as it transits the curves in the entrance to the station area: loads of excited kids, notepads ready, race to the edge of the platform to examine the loco as she arrives. Lovely stuff!

Jeff

I'll be interested to see how you close the gap between loco and tender. Looking at my old County and Castle it doesn't look like a quick easy job.

BTW the picture above of the county minus crew is not that bad, quite often the crew would leave the footplate to attend to other duties like oiling up and checking head/tail lamps and so on.

Cheers

Frank

• Like 2

As mention I have been slowly covering the hanging basket liner with static grass. I discovered that the tea strainer type dispenser is fine with the shorter strands (upto 2.5 mm) but was too keen on the longer ones (4mm and above).

Here are three views around the layout. I think it looks better already although there is still work to be done.

post-7090-0-18567400-1348757780_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-08173800-1348757830_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-68274200-1348757857_thumb.jpg

Edited by westerner
  • Like 15

Thanks Simon and 81C

By the way thereason I got rather tired of the hanging basket liner by itself it didn't matter how often I trimmed it there was alwys long strands sticking up in the air, often spoiling photographs.

81C, The hedges are home made. Strips of rubberised horsehair cut from the standard block you can buy. Very slightly teased then hairsprayed and dipped in flock. and then stuck down with PVA.

Edited by westerner