Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

• RMweb Premium

As well as easing the curve radius at the corners, avoiding the sudden change from straight to curve banishes any hint of trainset. :) If you look at Iain Rice's books, he usually uses the same sort of geometry on his continuous run plans.

Yes, I totally agree with that point - and it's made me reconsider the trackplan for the layout I'm currently building...

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not put anything up for a bit, Took this a couple of weeks ago, the dairy from a slightly different angle from which I have photographed before. It still needs a little more work on the weathering.

post-7090-0-76685000-1342799837_thumb.jpg

Edited by westerner
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

More quality, Alan. Your milk tanks make my "weathered" Dapol 6-wheelers look absolutely pristine!

Btw, I hope the creamery is paying a fair price to the farmers - at least 18p a pint to break even. Lol!

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just been reading through your thread. What a wonderful layout you have. I have to say that I have a soft spot for green diesels :good_mini:

Begging your pardon, Alan - yes, green diesels are rather nice aren't they? Much prefer them in green than in blue! (Ouch, I smell controversy here!).

Btw, not only is Wencombe a great layout, but Alan's photos are top notch.

Jeff

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Splendid stuff, Alan. As good, if not better, in B&W! I almost hit the "order" button for a Kernow/Dapol class 22 yesterday afternoon (after viewing Rick's "Penhayle Bay" layout). I held my nerve and didn't. D6331 is tempting my resolve!!

Cheers,

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

I try to please :no: . I'll try and take some new shots in the next week. Will be busy on Sat and at Sothwold on Sunday helping out on Potterbourne.

Yes, a few b&w close-ups of your diesel-hydraulics, especially the 22s and Westerns would be good to see!

Jeff

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Excellent, Alan. The second photo in your last post is so realistic, it could be mistaken for the real thing!

You can tell from the reaction that we are all afficionados of your photos!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Love the B & W photographs but has D602 suffered a minor derailment ?

Looks like it had to take evasive action to avoid colliding with a passenger who didn't read the warning notice re. crossing the line!! :O :no:

Jeff

Love the B & W photographs but has D602 suffered a minor derailment ?

Whoops :blush: , that would explain the odd thumping when it ran over the points. Thanks jeff for the explaination.

many thanks Mickey and the rest of you for your kind comments.

Edited by westerner