The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

A Royal Wedding for Next Year

Claude_Dreyfus

My first cynical reaction when I first heard the news was, Mr Camerons idea to take the masses minds off the inevitable massive price rises due next year. :D

My reaction entirely

Hell..., not another up-market council house soap ?? The UK TV screens are full of it, tonight ..How long is this going to blot out what is really going on, and wrong, in this Country ???.

Bring back 'Shameless', I say.

I rate that series on par with any Royal Household shenannygens.

By the way. I wish the young couple, All the very Best for the future :good_mini:,.

I just don't want it stuffed down my throat 24/7.

Regards

Just listening to the News on the radio, and I notice our old friend Max Clifford getting in on the act again. He also appeared in an otherwise interesting TV programme last night about the playboy lifestyles of James Hunt and Barry Sheene. I do wonder how he finds the time to look after all these poor celebrities.

Ed

They've both got 2:1 degrees, which makes them the most highly academically qualified royals. Whatever difference that makes!

Her in history of art, and him in geography after switching from history of art...

Now if they were in some type of maths or one of the sciences I might be slightly more impressed.

Still good luck to them, it'll keep my Mum happy at least, she always said that Fergie was a wrong'un :P

I 'celebrated' 1981's shindig by a trip out to the Keighley and Worth Valley, with my car radio firmly OFF!!

Despite the Union flags on The Locos, it was pleasantly hype free day.

Ah well, looks like I'll be planning a 30th anniversary 'avoidance of anything Royal' trip out somewhere!!:rolleyes:

• RMweb Premium

I 'celebrated' 1981's shindig by a trip out to the Keighley and Worth Valley, with my car radio firmly OFF!!

Despite the Union flags on The Locos, it was pleasantly hype free day.

Ah well, looks like I'll be planning a 30th anniversary 'avoidance of anything Royal' trip out somewhere!!:rolleyes:

And it will be good practice for avoiding the Olympics.

• RMweb Premium

It was bound to happen, now for long months of tedious media hype and trivia.

I'm not anti-Royal and I sincerely hope it all goes well for them but, just like the Olympic circus, I'd much rather avoid it and if we do all get a day off, I intend to keep myself occupied and to ignore the TV (which Mrs W will no doubt be watching for most of the day!)

S.A.C. Martin SAID:-

Posted Yesterday, 14:11

Good luck to them both.

I'm hoping to have a job, money, and a flat before I propose to Charlotte...!

Nay Lad,

thee's got that all wrong,you mean I hope Charlotte has got a Job,Flat & Money so that I can propose to her.

Remember Start as you mean to go on,show them who's boss and always get your own way,but let them think they have suggested anything that you want to do.

Thats how I started out and I am proud to say thats how I carry on now.

Must go,got to do the shopping,housework,prepare Lunch and walk the Dog,before starting to get Dinner ready,then if I am Lucky the wench will allow me to watch England versus France as a punishment for that cobweb on the staircase that I missed.

But remember Simon be the Boss at all Times!!

Regards,Derek.

Surely the last legitimate(ish) king of England was Harold Godwinson?

So who are these upstarts? And why do they want me to pay for their fun?

Well I was going to say wrong, Godwinson was from a family of Saxon immigrants, was going to say Arthur, then realized he was a Sassanid - not of 'em are 'legitimate'.

Good Luck to two seemingly nice people,he never asked to be born into the Royal Family and neither did Harry.Its the press in this country thats the real pain in the Butt.

Also the Royal Family generate a lot of money for this country through tourism.

• RMweb Premium

I wish them well, William has always seemed to have his head screwed on a bit better than some of the others. I'm not in anyway a Royalist and if put to the wall I'd vote for a Republic, but I believe it would be unwise to ignore the popularity of the Royals in other countries which has the follow on effect of a fair bit of tourism to this country and therefore a reasonable amount of income for our problematic coffers. As I understand it the world's media are getting in on the act with this marriage just as much as the UK media.

(Have just realised this post is starting to get close the subject of politics... eek! :O )

• RMweb Premium

Well I was going to say wrong, Godwinson was from a family of Saxon immigrants, was going to say Arthur, then realized he was a Sassanid - not of 'em are 'legitimate'.

Boudicia was the last legitimate British Monarch. Roll on the British Republic! .

Guest Max Stafford

As individuals of course I wish them well, but I also can't help but think it's high time we were a republic.

Three words; Tony. Blair. Iraq.

Three good reasons why this country will never be a republic as long as I'm fit enough to hold a weapon.

Dave.

Guest dilbert
As individuals of course I wish them well, but I also can't help but think it's high time we were a republic.

Three words; Tony. Blair. Iraq.

Three good reasons why this country will never be a republic as long as I'm fit enough to hold a weapon.

If it was to be a catholic ceremony then you could justify a "mass" - then you only need a good excuse reason for "destruction"...dilbert B)

Archived