The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

Don't count your chickens yet Bournemouth. Middlesbrough are playing my lot on Saturday and, let's face it, we aren't going to score any time soon so that goal difference will be in threat.

Gareth

They need 20 though.

They need 20 though.

As it says on Charlton's official twitter feed:

Bournemouth celebrating like they've completely ruled out a 19-0 defeat at The Valley on Saturday. We'll see... #cafc

It's missing the point, though. If Middlesbrough win their last game 10-0, then Bournmouth only need to concede 9 to get sucked into the playoffs. Game on!

Edited by Steve K
  • Like 1

Brighton's finish to the season was a typical performance. Tight at the back but absolutely nothing up front. Only 5 teams conceded less but only 4 scored less. Our 5 recognised strikers managed 5 between them whilst the top scorer got 7 and he's a centre back. Chris Houghton won't have too many tricky decisions to make in the summer, buy a striker!

Gareth

Hartlepool United have made it a tradition that for the last away game of the season, they wear fancy dress on a theme. Anyone who was at Plymouth last year will have shared the stands with some 300 away supporters in Thunderbirds outfits, whilst the stands at Charlton Athletic in 2012 were full of Smurfs!

Today, they were at Carlisle United with a theme of Bob Marley and Reggae, so 'Chapeau', or should that be Rastacap, to the Hartlepool supporters who provided us a good laugh to warm us up on a cold Spring day.

Some 2,200 supporters came across from the north-east, and were treated to a 3-3 draw.

Thank you for putting a smile on our faces.

post-7003-0-00410100-1430595442.jpg

post-7003-0-92655200-1430595442_thumb.jpg

post-7003-0-70149700-1430595444_thumb.jpg

post-7003-0-91553800-1430595447_thumb.jpg

Edited by 87029
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Interesting stat on the web last week. Liverpool's four strikers, including the £15M wonderkid Balotelli, have scored fewer goals this season than Everton's back four.

And thanks to a Jagielka goal yesterday, I think that record is maintained (and that without Baines taking pens this season).

• Like 1

Don't know what to say about Blackpool yesterday, in words that won't get the forum sued. I only hope that no other fans have to watch their club being bled white by the owners. And I still cannot understand how a convicted rapist is allowed to own a football club. I used to think there were standards. What a farce. My remark about the owners suing fans is no joke; they have done so several times this season. Even though the chairman is under a football league inquiry for calling a fan a retard, this has been dragged out to the end of the season for some reason.

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure someone (in a chairman-like capacity) asked to be judged at the end of the season. Well, after a record low-points score and general chaos throughout the season, culminating in yesterday's protest, I suspect judgement is pretty clear.

Here's hoping for a new chapter for Blackpool soon...

• RMweb Gold

Don't know what to say about Blackpool yesterday, in words that won't get the forum sued. I only hope that no other fans have to watch their club being bled white by the owners. And I still cannot understand how a convicted rapist is allowed to own a football club. I used to think there were standards. What a farce. My remark about the owners suing fans is no joke; they have done so several times this season. Even though the chairman is under a football league inquiry for calling a fan a retard, this has been dragged out to the end of the season for some reason.

I don't blame the fans for protesting. But that is not the way to do it. Very unfair on the visiting Huddersfield fans.

It will be interesting to see what disciplinary action comes down from the FA.

• RMweb Gold

Hartlepool United have made it a tradition that for the last away game of the season, they wear fancy dress on a theme. Anyone who was at Plymouth last year will have shared the stands with some 300 away supporters in Thunderbirds outfits, whilst the stands at Charlton Athletic in 2012 were full of Smurfs!

Today, they were at Carlisle United with a theme of Bob Marley and Reggae, so 'Chapeau', or should that be Rastacap, to the Hartlepool supporters who provided us a good laugh to warm us up on a cold Spring day.

Some 2,200 supporters came across from the north-east, and were treated to a 3-3 draw.

It caused a lot of problems for Northern Rail with trains cancelled ' because of large passenger flow' and passengers turned away from trains at intermediate stations.

Not that Northern Rail might have foreseen this at all, no, but that is not for this topic.

Seeing where Hartlepool were just a few weeks ago their fans must be very happy indeed.

Now THAT's what it's all about.......................

Not buying a load of expensive imports who probably needed pointing out where Stamford Bridge was before they cashed the cheque so "Chelsea" can win it again - my God where did it all get so mercenary.......

Commiserations to all those whose teams have made the drop this season (except Burnley) , I feel your pain as only a life-long supporters of a mediocre League One team who has suffered in the past can do.........

Huge apologies to Notts County - we are normally on the other end of shi*ty luck like that........

And well done to Bournemouth, a genuine success story, I really, really, hope the club and it's talented manager are not ruined by the boring cattle market that is the English premier league.............

Edited by Southernman46
  • Like 1

More annoyingly having seen Colchesters goal there was a handball in the build up that everyone appeared to miss. Now if tv replays were mandatory for decision making the goal would have been ruled out and if the score had remained at 0-0 Franchise FC would still have got promoted as Preston needed to win and Notts would have survived at the expense of Colchester by virtue of a slightly better goal difference.