Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

I see Mourinho has started the season well - skilfully pirouetting his way out of a handshake with Wenger and then unfairly attacking his own club Doctor in public and then banning her from the bench in future.

He's all class that man.......not......after several seasons his petulant and childish outbursts and behaviour are wearing thin especially when he gets it horrendously wrong.

I hope this doctor thing isn't another one of his pathetic mind games to keep the Chelsea "team" off the back pages after two carp results so far and Manchester City away up next.

but I can reveal Chelsea's plan for the Etihad will be the same as in previous seasons:

post-9751-0-80917600-1439382340.jpg

• Like 1

I used to respect Mourinho as a brilliant manager. Now I have lost all that respect. Last season it was his disgraceful defence of his team's constant diving and the belief that all referees are against him. The latter belief has clearly continued and his behaviour towards the club doctor is a joke.

Incidentally I question the recent F.A decision following Mourinho's arrogant attempt to appeal the red card given to Courtois on Saturday. The sending off was clearly correct and the F.A were correct to uphold the original decision. However in seasons gone by smaller clubs have seen their players hit with an additional game on the original ban for what has been considered a pointless or "frivolous" appeal. Surely Chelsea's attempt to overturn the Courtois red falls squarely into such a category and as such the goalkeeper should now be facing a two game ban instead of one. The one rule for smaller clubs and one for bigger clubs clearly still exists.

I guess the Chelsea players are going to have to do without familiar medical support for the rest of this season...

Meanwhile, it looks like nobody wants to take on Joey Barton, football's equivalent of Morrissey, but without the musical talent....

I guess the Chelsea players are going to have to do without familiar medical support for the rest of this season...

Meanwhile, it looks like nobody wants to take on Joey Barton, football's equivalent of Morrissey, but without the musical talent....

Worryingly Barton has been linked with Derby. Would be worse than when we signed Robbie Savage.

I used to respect Mourinho as a brilliant manager.

The man's a t*t !

He talks twaddle

His only saving grace is he's a pretty good manager - but then with Abramovich's money, I could be a good manager as well................

• RMweb Gold

in complete contrast looks like Koeman and Southampton are quietly doing some good business again. I think they have the making of a quality squad there, especially if we can get van Dijk from Celtic, so I'm reasonably optimistic about the coming season.

That's the kiss of death then.....

Well done West Ham.

The cost of an "away" ticket for Saturday's match has increased from £25 last season to an inflation busting £45*. They must be practising ripping-off ready for their move to the old Olympic Stadium.

* only Chelsea (£50) and Man.Utd (£46) were more expensive last season.

I see Mourinho has started the season well - skilfully pirouetting his way out of a handshake with Wenger and then unfairly attacking his own club Doctor in public and then banning her from the bench in future.

He's all class that man.......not......after several seasons his petulant and childish outbursts and behaviour are wearing thin especially when he gets it horrendously wrong.

I hope this doctor thing isn't another one of his pathetic mind games to keep the Chelsea "team" off the back pages after two carp results so far and Manchester City away up next.

but I can reveal Chelsea's plan for the Etihad will be the same as in previous seasons:

attachicon.gifChelsea_Park_Bus.jpg

emptyhad living up to its nickname again there is see know doubt this will be the excuse for not selling out again http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-33929490

• RMweb Gold

in complete contrast looks like Koeman and Southampton are quietly doing some good business again. I think they have the making of a quality squad there, especially if we can get van Dijk from Celtic, so I'm reasonably optimistic about the coming season.

That's the kiss of death then.....

Told you!

• RMweb Gold

Presumably you don't mean the Everton and Tranmere Morrissey.

• RMweb Gold

Club captain not showing much leadership. He should insist that the players need best treatment possible and immediately.

Leicester continuing their form from the end of last season. Gary Lineker will be getting excited.

Unbelievable to win on our last ever League visit to the Boleyn..... only the second time we've won at West Ham since 1966.

Bit of a siege though with only 30% possession, but I suppose it's what you do with that possession which is more important.

That's 28 points won of the last 33 available in the Premiership.

Good to temporarily replace that rather dull Manchester outfit at the top of the Premiership.

More realistically that's 15% (6) of the points we need to survive in the Premiership.

• Like 1

Unbelievable to win on our last ever League visit to the Boleyn..... only the second time we've won at West Ham since 1966.

Bit of a siege though with only 30% possession, but I suppose it's what you do with that possession which is more important.

That's 28 points won of the last 33 available in the Premiership.

Good to temporarily replace that rather dull Manchester outfit at the top of the Premiership.

More realistically that's 15% (6) of the points we need to survive in the Premiership.

Helped by a rather mi optic ref that missed a blatant pen before half time.

... I question the recent F.A decision following Mourinho's arrogant attempt to appeal the red card given to Courtois on Saturday. The sending off was clearly correct and the F.A were correct to uphold the original decision. However in seasons gone by smaller clubs have seen their players hit with an additional game on the original ban for what has been considered a pointless or "frivolous" appeal. Surely Chelsea's attempt to overturn the Courtois red falls squarely into such a category... The one rule for smaller clubs and one for bigger clubs clearly still exists.

I don't think it was entirely frivolous (yes, I'm a Chelsea fan, but bear with me!), although as appeals go, it wasn't the best. There was a slight argument for Courtois' foul being on the edge of the box, not in it, and another slight argument that the covering defender stopped it being a "clear goalscoring opportunity" (despite the pundits trying to tell us otherwise, there's no reference in the rules to "last man"), so the offence at least merited another look. If it had been a vicious foul, rather than a really poorly-timed challenge, then I agree that the appeal would have been without merit, but as it stands, I think it was optimistic, yes, but not frivolous.

Looking at the pictures of the Southampton game, whoever thought that it was a good idea to have a slime-green away strip? Can't believe they will sell many of those.

Could be worse - from the days when Coventry City were quite good:

post-9751-0-52960400-1439661675.jpg

*At least you could wear that Everton shirt on a casual basis when visiting Sellafield without looking out of place, whereas wearing the Coventry shirt you'd just look like.........wherever you went.

*Having just seen MOTD those green shirts look more look more like something you could pick up at an army surplus store for a fiver and without the foul orange sponsor's logo. Good "camo" though, which explains the 3-0 win.

Edited because the shirts are actually worse "in the flesh" than the brochure shots made them appear.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

Oi do you mind that's a cult kit of ours and still available inthe retro range.Ian Wallace was one of my first City heroes back in the late 70s and I finally met him just a few years back.

I don't think it was entirely frivolous (yes, I'm a Chelsea fan, but bear with me!), although as appeals go, it wasn't the best. There was a slight argument for Courtois' foul being on the edge of the box, not in it, and another slight argument that the covering defender stopped it being a "clear goalscoring opportunity" (despite the pundits trying to tell us otherwise, there's no reference in the rules to "last man"), so the offence at least merited another look. If it had been a vicious foul, rather than a really poorly-timed challenge, then I agree that the appeal would have been without merit, but as it stands, I think it was optimistic, yes, but not frivolous.

Whilst I take your point about the covering defender, the foul was in the box, or at least on the line which counts as being part of the penalty area.

Looking at the pictures of the Southampton game, whoever thought that it was a good idea to have a slime-green away strip? Can't believe they will sell many of those.

Derby actually had a slime green shirt the year they reached the League Cup semi final a few seasons ago. It was dreadful, I didn't buy one although my wife bought it for me as a Valentine's gift. Then again she is a Forest fan!!!!

Could be worse - from the days when Coventry City were quite good:

attachicon.gifcov kit.jpg

At least you could wear that Everton shirt on a casual basis when visiting Sellafield without looking out of place, whereas wearing the Coventry shirt you'd just look like.........wherever you went.

Never mind the shirt. Look at the size of that perm.