RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Did anybody watch last night's Panorama :http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06tkl9d/panorama-fifa-sepp-blatter-and-mefronted by the journalist that FIFA banned, Andrew Jennings?

His exposure of the stinking cesspit of corruption that is FIFA was fascinating. All power to the Feds and the Swiss prosecutors to nail all those crooks in the high levels of the football gravy train from Blatter downwards. .....

post-6879-0-40837600-1449668051.jpg

• RMweb Premium

INSTALLING MANCHESTER UNITED CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ██████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE Install failed.

Run Europa League backup

Congratulations are due to Man Utd, for making it through to the Europa Cup. So well done Man Utd, you deserve some European competition!

I am sure that many of us remember Stan Collymore. But not necessarily for his footballing skills.

Indeed - who can forget Basic Instinct 2? What do you mean, you all can?

So far as I know he does not live in Scotland and he is definitely not Scottish - so this does seem a bit strange.

I think he lives closer than Sean Connery...

No other party would have him. Not even the Communist Party of Great Britain.

A bit harsh - I don't exactly think he's a Communist! Without going anywhere near politics, I think he was making a point that the only party whose stance he agreed with was the SNP, so he offered them his support.

I have to say, I quite like Stan (and not just because he's from this neck of the woods). Get past the accent, and he comes across as quite intelligent. Opinionated, yes, but he needs that as a broadcaster.

So Bournemouth beat Man United 2-1 with the winning goal scored by Josh King, a former Utd player.....

And another former Man U player, Javier Hernandez, scores a hat-trick for his new club in Germany.....

Is there a moral to this tale ?

• Like 1

So Bournemouth beat Man United 2-1 with the winning goal scored by Josh King, a former Utd player.....

And another former Man U player, Javier Hernandez, scores a hat-trick for his new club in Germany.....

Shouldn't someone have put a fiver on Bournemouth winning?

And James Wilson has now scored 2 in 2 for Brighton having just arrived on loan from Man U for the rest of the season.

Gareth

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I certainly don't know why they let Chicharito go. His number of goals relative to minutes on the pitch was pretty impressive.

I certainly don't know why they let Chicharito go. His number of goals relative to minutes on the pitch was pretty impressive.

4th in the all-time Premiership list.

Though he'd be of no use to the current Man.Utd team as I don't remember his forte being making large numbers of irrelevant sideways and backwards passes during the course of a game.

Edited by cary hill

4th in the all-time Premiership list.

Though he'd be of no use the current Man.Utd team as I don't remember his forte being making large numbers of irrelevant sideways and backwards passes during the course of a game.

Agreed.  The past for Man U has been buying good players simply to avoid other clubs getting them; yes, they are in competition and through the last 20+ years, the policy has worked. Now they need a different attitude towards opponents. Oh and Angel Di Maria seems to be thriving at Paris Saint-Germain but then he now has a roving commission, and despite having the 'King of Sweden' up front, they are a team !

Heard someone on tv stating that man united are recovering from the David moyes reign and that period really cost them. Can't say if true not really followed the ins and outs but there seems to be far fewer home grown up through the ranks players now than there were. Has abandoning this policy cost them I wonder.

A memorable night at KingPower as Leicester's deadly duo put Chelsea to the sword.

None of it makes any sense as only one other Premiership team makes fewer passes per game than us and we have the worst completed pass percentage in the Premiership.

It probably helps that Vardy and Mahrez have been involved in 35 goals this season (26 scored and 9 assists).

It gets harder from now on as we have finally started to pick up some injuries and suspensions and have back to back trips to Merseyside and then Man.City at home coming up next.

Five more points needed for Premiership survival.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

A memorable night at KingPower as Leicester's deadly duo put Chelsea to the sword.

None of it makes any sense as only one other Premiership team makes fewer passes per game than us and we have the worst completed pass percentage in the Premiership.

It probably helps that Vardy and Mahrez have been involved in 35 goals this season (26 scored and 9 assists).

It gets harder from now on as we have finally started to pick up some injuries and suspensions and have back to back trips to Merseyside and then Man.City at home coming up next.

Five more points needed for Premiership survival.

On present form, I don't see why you should not get some points on Merseyside. And Man City are completely unpredictable at the moment, so 3 pts at the King Power certainly possible.

I think that 35 points is probably going to be enough this season for survival.

Chelsea have a bit of a respite with their next two fixtures which are at home to Sunderland and Watford, unless they are in free fall by then.

If they can manage a win and a draw, or two wins, looking at the fixtures of the teams around and below them, they could start to drag themselves away from the edge of the relegation zone.

Their following two games are away at Utd and Palace, so they could be back to square one again by the new year.

I feel sorry for little Bournemouth as they haven't had the breaks they deserved in a number of matches.

Their recent shock win at Chelsea and home victory against an injury ridden, makeshift Utd side, have been tremendous for them and helped ease them out of the relegation zone. But their upcoming list of fixtures look very tough and in all probability, they'll be back down in the bottom 3  in a few weeks time.

Utd are just missing natural goal scoring strikers and a bit of pace up front.

How Van Gaal could have sold or loaned out nearly all the available strikers without adequate replacements is beyond me?

It's only a series of recent draws that have kept them off the top spot and they still have the best defensive record in the EPL.

As for Spurs?

Their best chance in years to muscle in on the top 4 and for a while they were on a roll.

Now they've ended up faltering like most of the others near the top of the table.

As David M (cary hill) says above, Leicester have got a tough run coming up.

They're on a roll, but if they don't keep up the momentum now, they could be in 4th place by the time the New Years holiday fixtures have been completed.

Edited by Ron Ron Ron