The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Steve K, on 12 Feb 2016 - 15:06, said:Steve K, on 12 Feb 2016 - 15:06, said:

"Chelscum"? More than a bit harsh. Pray tell - which team of angelic cherubs do you favour?

Those shining examples of sportsmanship, Welling United.

With their dodgy dealings, tapping up incidents, players shagging other player's wives, racist plastic fans causing more problems than Millwall. What else would you call them? It's also the label that the majority of my football supporting mates use to refer to the inhabitants of Stamford Bridge.

Edited by AndrewC

With their dodgy dealings, tapping up incidents, players shagging other player's wives, racist plastic fans causing more problems than Millwall. What else would you call them? It's also the label that the majority of my football supporting mates use to refer to the inhabitants of Stamford Bridge.

Welling was for many years the place where the British National Party's head office was, so this is all pretty much par for the course.

Still, we can all hope that one day, the following teams will play each other:

Chelsea

Norwich

Millwall

Welling Utd.

If nothing else, it'll give the Police something to do....

• RMweb Premium

Is Tommy Docherty still around?

• RMweb Gold

"Players shagging other players' wives". It's not Chelsea that are the scum here but the Press. They should not be reporting on private lives anyway but, in this particular case, the woman concerned was the EX-girlfriend of a team-mate. The Press coverage was entirely misleading and trouble-making.

I would be more concerned about where the money comes from that allowed Abramovich to take over the club.

Horsetan, on 12 Feb 2016 - 23:51, said:

Welling was for many years the place where the British National Party's head office was, so this is all pretty much par for the course.

Still, we can all hope that one day, the following teams will play each other:

Chelsea

Norwich

Millwall

Welling Utd.

If nothing else, it'll give the Police something to do....

Obviously you've never been near Welling. :O The bnp bookshop vanished years ago as did their knuckle dragging supporters. I think most are down the hill in Thamesmead Bellmarsh. The bookshop has reverted to a house and has a quiet Asian family living there. When we moved in the area was God's waiting room with large numbers of retired people. Still is in many ways but there is an increasing number of young urban types pushing out to zone 4 for the relatively cheap housing that (when it runs) is only 30 mins to the City.

The supporters at Welling are some of the nicest people around. Its a very family oriented club. There is rarely need for supporter separation and both sets mingle on the terraces. Interesting thing is the odd time segregation is needed its for supporters from the northern clubs. Never any aggro with the local derby teams. Even the Charlton and Millwall supporters in the area peacefully co-exist in the local pubs. This ain't called the boring borough for nothing.

Well done Sunderland. That makes our game against Arsenal tomorrow a "free hit" as far as Champions League qualification is concerned and keeps the gap between us and United at 12 points assuming that they can hang on to 5th place.

Well the Harriers won their third game on the trot, wonder if they can perform the Great Escape?!

Good article on their new owner/manager in the Times a couple of days ago as well, not often a non league side gets a full page spread when not talking about a cup run!

• RMweb Gold

Leicester 1-0 ahead at The Emirates. Usual 33% possession.

Everton only had 33% possession last week but won 3-0 at Stoke. Yesterday, 75% possession and yet lost 0-1 to WBA.

And it's not just soccer. In rugby too, defence is the new attack. France-Ireland yesterday was just so dull! Wales and Scotland only a little better (and that mainly due to the Scots).

Typical Leicester City when it really matters they always find new ways to fall agonizingly just short.....been the same for 132 years.

I was expecting us to lose this match anyway, but I was surprised it took Arsenal 70 minutes to get a shot on target.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

Still in a good position to finish top. Hoping for a draw between Man C and Spurs as a first step.

An interesting North London derby in early March will have some bearing.What a refreshing top four though.

• RMweb Gold

Well that didn't happen I'm pleased to say.

steve

But only because the referee made a massive mistake! I am not greatly in favour of the interruptions caused by constant referrals to a TMO (it's wrecking rugby). But if we can not rely on supposedly "top-level" professional referees to get those calls right, it will have to come. He should be stood down for the rest of the season.

PS: I am not unsympathetic to referees. I have done it myself both in soccer and rugby.