Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Think I'll back City in the 'el plastico' game, can't really lose on that one... :D

I might do that myself, despite being a Chelsea fan. Call it "disappointment insurance". Usually, if I have a bet, I get it wrong, so the more money I put on City, the more likely Chelsea are to win, I reckon. And if I do by some miracle win the bet, at least I'll have some monetary consolation...

Edited by Steve K

Just got back from watching Hailsham Reserves draw 2 each with Lancing. Game contained one of the most incredible moments I've ever seen. Lancing player takes the ball into the box, pushes it past 'keeper Ollie and is fouled by a covering defender. Penalty awarded, should have been a red card. Referee, however, then told the players that he had forgotten which Hailsham player fouled... :D

Unbelieveable. Anyway, Ols saved the penalty, and Norm equalised with a lob with two minutes to go, so it's all good ;)

Surely he could have asked the linesman?

Steve, you're a bit richer this morning I see! Rob, re Tevez, I'd have been quite happy to see him go in January, but as he didn't and we're still paying him we might as well get our money's worth...

Steve, you're a bit richer this morning I see!

Grr... I couldn't actually bring myself to place a bet against Chelsea in the end. More fool me, apparently!

I didn't see the game, but tried to follow it on the radio. The Radio 5 gang were suggesting that the penalty leading to the equaliser was a bit harsh - ie no way was the handball deliberate, which is what the law requires for a penalty to be given, I believe - but I'm not going to bleat. I can't be bothered to get annoyed, to be honest, after Chelsea's rotten season so far. In a twisted kind of way, I can actually manage to be quite pleased for Roberto Mancini. If he'd picked Tevez and City hadn't won, RM would suddenly have found himself rather unpopular with the blue part of Manchester!

Edited by Steve K
  • Like 1

They should have had one or two before then from the paper reports (I was in bed for an early shift the next day so didn't see or hear any of it!)... I'm not looking to Saturday's visit to Stoke though!

Edited by Hobby

Meanwhile, a record has been set in the Torbay Sunday League:

http://www.metro.co....british-history

Quote, 'Nova veteran Lewis Parker, 60, added: "A lot of the players didn’t turn up so we expected to lose but not by that much."’

Does that mean a lot of players didn't turn up mentally prepared or that only a few of their players were on the pitch?

That's more than 1.5 goals per minute! :O

The guy quoted is the manager. He did an absolutley painful (5 second pauses, one word answers etc) interview on PM tonight on Radio 4!

We might lose now and then, but not seen 58 nil yet!

Mind you, the youth team lost 10-1 the other week :O

The guy quoted is the manager. He did an absolutley painful (5 second pauses, one word answers etc) interview on PM tonight on Radio 4!

We might lose now and then, but not seen 58 nil yet!

Mind you, the youth team lost 10-1 the other week

Not an unusual score at junior or youth level. My junior team, at U-9s in their first season, scored 8 goals and conceded about 250 in 16 games.

They should have had one or two before then from the paper reports (I was in bed for an early shift the next day so didn't see or hear any of it!)... I'm not looking to Saturday's visit to Stoke though!

Indeed.

Always thought it'd be Stoke and Arsenal away where City may drop points. Roll on the Fulham match.................

Liverpool? What's going on there, awful form, anyone other than a club legend and there would be pretty serious questioning going on. Looking at the table it's feasible that 4 clubs could jump above them in the next few games (feasible not definate!) Liverpool in 11/12 pretty much unheard of.

• RMweb Gold

Haven't you got to play each other though.Its not over till the fat lady sings. :no: You want to try supporting a team looking at the third division for the first time since 1964 !

Always thought it'd be Stoke and Arsenal away where City may drop points.

And true to form... Yours to lose I think... Though a City fan I had on the train yesterday was very confident we'd do it, some of us are eternal optimists!

Haven't you got to play each other though.Its not over till the fat lady sings. :no: You want to try supporting a team looking at the third division for the first time since 1964 !

Not counting any chickens, as I remember '92 only too well, but it looks like the mythical corpulent bint is warming up. Uniteds next game home to QPR, City play after that away to Arsenal, pressure all on City now. Utd's last 7 league games WWWWWWW City's WWWLWWD, and for comparison Liverpool's ROLFMAO :D (with appologies, nicked from elsewhere!)

Very sad news about Stillian Petrov...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17566188

I'm sure we all wish him well with fighting this disease.

A very talented player who has shown remarkable and admirable resiliance and determination in the face of overwhelming odds. I wish him all the best and that he pulls through.

March was a bad month for illness and football players. I read a sad tale of a non-league team losing a player to a cardiac arrest last week.

....City's WWWLWWD......

Slight correction, it's WWWLWDD.

The last two were draws with late equalisers.

Had Stoke and Sunderland held onto their leads, Utd would be 7 points clear today and not 5.

I'd prefer us to have 2 wins in hand (6 points plus) than 1 win in hand, plus if Chelsea had held on to that 1-1 scoreline, Utd could have been 9 points clear by now.

Still that can't be changed now, but Utd fans can hope the Arse will do us a favour this coming weekend.