The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Steady, if unspectacular start to the season for the mighty Reds so far. Still unbeaten at least.

Not enjoying Derby’s start at all, I’m sure young Frank really is a football genius.......

Steady, if unspectacular start to the season for the mighty Reds so far. Still unbeaten at least.

Not enjoying Derby’s start at all, I’m sure young Frank really is a football genius.......

Didn't the Reds season peak in August last year too?

BREAKING - France captain Hugo Lloris was arrested for drink-driving in the early hours of this morning in London

He now has more points than West Ham

Surely, as a Tottenham goalkeeper, it would be funnier to say more points than Arsenal?

Surely the most bizarre reason for a football match being postponed, especially in Northern Scotland 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45230853

Jim

I don't know whether any games have been lost, but before the season started several non-league grounds in Somerset

had serious problems due to the drought. One BBC report showed a groundsman filling cracks in the pitch, they had already used six tons of sand.

Some years ago I was on the way to a match at Weston-super-Mare which was called off. The pitch had earlier been sanded but the sand 

had contained shell fragments, which could cause serious cuts, and the groundstaff had not been able to remove them in time,

cheers

The Quest programme seems to be by the same production company that did the Channel 5 version.

I notice that Fort William managed to keep the score down to single figures yesterday, they "only" lost 8-2.

Meanwhile Derby are up to the heady heights of 6th already. Apparently this is our best start to a season in 7 years, which just goes to show how bad we have been in August in previous years. Definitely not getting carried away just yet.

• RMweb Premium

Fort William have been punished for fielding an ineligible player. They are now on minus 9 points:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1428567-fort-william-face-negative-points-total-after-deduction/

Maybe they should field a few more and go for a world record (or a combination of records?).

Its amazing that they get 11 players to turn out each week. The goal keeper must be the busiest man on the field - retrieving the ball from the back of the net!

Fort William have been punished for fielding an ineligible player. They are now on minus 9 points:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1428567-fort-william-face-negative-points-total-after-deduction/

Maybe they should field a few more and go for a world record (or a combination of records?).

They only need to put in a bit of effort to beat Luton Town's minus-30 point start in League Two some years ago.....

Its amazing that they get 11 players to turn out each week. The goal keeper must be the busiest man on the field - retrieving the ball from the back of the net!

It is. Given their recent record the fact the club keeps going at all is admirable. Although they've broken the rules I still feel very sorry for them and wish they would be given a break!

They only need to put in a bit of effort to beat Luton Town's minus-30 point start in League Two some years ago.....

Ha ha yes. Shows clubs can bounce back though. I remember them turning up at Gateshead in the Conference and bringing about 2,000 away fans!! Given the overall crowd was about 2,500 puts things in perspective ;)

What really tonks me off is that all the pundits are going on about how Man U are having problems, Mourinho, money spent, blah, blah blah, but sod all about how Spurs played better than them and won.icon_mad.gif

And what's so bloody special about Manchester? (A city I heartily loath and detest for reasons that are nothing to do with football.)

steve

• RMweb Premium

What really tonks me off is that all the pundits are going on about how Man U are having problems, Mourinho, money spent, blah, blah blah, but sod all about how Spurs played better than them and won.icon_mad.gif

And what's so bloody special about Manchester? (A city I heartily loath and detest for reasons that are nothing to do with football.)

steve

Never mind, at least you have the laugh! Also at Arsenal.