The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Been back in there since and YES there is a sign just as you go in. The sign outside said Free Parking for Disabled and as Wayne is Blind and has a Blue Badge I assumed we were OK.  I didn't see the smaller print about putting your number into a console inside the Pub. To be honest at that time I didn't want Wayne to fall over, so wasn't really looking.

One of the barmaids (The Lovely - Sue said as we were from Guide Dogs she would have a word with the Manager.

Wayne chimmed in with see if he will turn a Blind Eye to it. He is a one. Bet me that he had a 7 foot Robin in his garden. I smelt a rat. He has though he bought it in an auction held in Nottingham for a Hospice

Good job I didn't mention QPR or the fine may have got doubled. :jester:  :jester:

Mentioning QPR has actually eroded any sympathy I have for you - I may just email the pub and tell them to triple the fine 

Oh !!  should that have been Stoke City  :triniti:

I pity Stoke fans having to watch that tripe week and week out. But then again kick and rush football suits the uneducated mob that attend their games. Admittedly we were very poor tonight - but apparently that was their best performance of the season....oh dear! A real promotion for Gary "I fink I got free points" Rowett.

• Like 1

I notice that Jurgen Koop has been charged for his celebration on the pitch in yesterday’s game. One thought....when Alex Ferguson and Brian Kidd did the same for Steve Bruce’s late winner against Sheffield Wednesday - did they get charged?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I notice that Jurgen Koop has been charged for his celebration on the pitch in yesterday’s game. One thought....when Alex Ferguson and Brian Kidd did the same for Steve Bruce’s late winner against Sheffield Wednesday - did they get charged?

I know that managers should not charge onto the pitch during the game. But have the "authorities" completely lost sight of the fact that the game should be about having some fun.

To me, apart from his obvious coaching ability, what makes Klopp so much the right man for Liverpool is that he does show his enthusiasm, passion and humour. Best man for the job since Shankly.

And, just in case any  of you have forgotten my allegiances, I am an Everton supporter.

• 2 weeks later...

Solid performance by Forest at the sheepdip last night. A makeshift back four handled Derby pretty well and we probably had the best chances to win the game. Also, the dirty Rams could easily have been down to nine men.

Given history, I can’t allow myself to be too optimistic about the rest of the season but at the moment the red side of the Queen of the Midlands can at least be allowed a small smile over the Christmas period!

• RMweb Premium

A rather blinkered view. You forgot to mention the penalty that wasn’t given in the first half. To be fair the Ref was consistently poor for both sides. A fair result in the end.

Solid performance by Forest at the sheepdip last night. A makeshift back four handled Derby pretty well and we probably had the best chances to win the game. Also, the dirty Rams could easily have been down to nine men.

Given history, I can’t allow myself to be too optimistic about the rest of the season but at the moment the red side of the Queen of the Midlands can at least be allowed a small smile over the Christmas period!

Draw about a fair result, The Rams had more of the ball but did not create enough clear cut chances although Lawerence, Wilson and Nugent all went close but Florest definitely had the better chances. Our team seemed to forget that you should not show Lolley onto his left foot and got away with two thanks to the bar and a world class save from Scott Carson.

As for being down to nine men, I agree that Tomori got away with a two footed challenge which, although he won the ball cleanly, could have been given as a red in modern football. But Bogle’s challenge was a foul and a yellow but no more. Game could have been different if the ref had awarded the blatant first half penalty but then again Keith “I like to be centre of attention” Stroud never gives us though decisions.

As I say a draw was a fair result. Happy with the point and a clean sheet. We stay fourth in the league and narrowily above those Red Dogs. With both sides in and around the top six the rest of the season could be very interesting indeed.

A rather blinkered view. You forgot to mention the penalty that wasn’t given in the first half. To be fair the Ref was consistently poor for both sides. A fair result in the end.

Expect nothing less from a dirty Red Dog lol. And Rob, in case you are not aware, that is a JOKE!