Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Dapol 2011 product announcements

DapolDave

• RMweb Gold

Well we seem to have a decent version of every freightliner flat except the original 70s one (FLA ?). One of those would fill a BIG gap in the market.

It also came top of the wishlist last year...

Well if your interested in modelling Broad Gauge Great Western the i think you'll be a happy chappy ;) :D

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

Just in time for GW176 thenbiggrin.gif

Delightful!

I'm looking forward to see how that line of 28mm gauge, flexible baulk rail is coming along.

Of course there will be the inevitable naysayers who insist on modelling May 1892 and wanted dual gauge rail and convertible locomotives!

My favourite 'predictions' so far:

• a new range of lineside items, such as operating signals (well they do masts for electrical catenary)
  • 00 0-4-0ST industrial locomotives (to leverage all that 00 small locomotive experience with recent commissions)
  • a range of 009 items ('cos who wouldn't want a 009 industrial spur, and just imagine all those layouts of Barnstaple Town if anyone did the Yeo, Exe and Taw Manning-Wardles from the L&B?)

i suppose a class 81 is out of the question....

I can't speak for Dapol but I would expect them to try and steer clear of duplicating anything Bachann might do. The 81 and 85 were the most alike of the early AC locos in terms of bogies and wheelbase. Batween them these 2 classes comprised 65% of the original AC loco fleet. I would more expect to see an 81 coming from Barwell than Chirk.

Thinking about new stuff here, we have seem multiple units selling very well in recent years and now a brand new model of the blue pullman after all the jokes is on its way. I recon, in terms of popularity biting on its heals is the transpennine class 124 dmu. The old 3.8mm ones were always popular and Dapol do have experiance with 124s anyway IIRC. A new one to modern standards would deffo be on my list, so thats my prediction!

I recon, in terms of popularity biting on its heals is the transpennine class 124 dmu. The old 3.8mm ones were always popular and Dapol do have experiance with 124s anyway IIRC.

I do wonder how much of that popularity was due to its being one of only a handful of MU models though, of any type

Hi,

Ok, here is my thoughts on the subject.

First thing, please remember we are producing replacement scale pantographs for the class 86 in OO so this may help.:)

However, we also have a complete set of drawings, and our cad/cam and a full roof survey of an 86 to allow us to faithfully replicate any mark of type if needs be.;)

I think, in all honesty if i could see a market / demand for one i would ask my CEO for the money to do one, expecially as the world of O.H. loco's is about to explode with the 85 and EMU and our catenary.

However, whether we will or not, i cannot say at this time, or even if we have started one, finished one, or have plans to do one..........but i can see merit in a Dapol one :blink:

hope this helps and not just clouds the water even more. :D

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

Do you do the Fan dance in local hostelries in the Chirk area? You ought to with a tease like that and with the money earnt you could tool up for an OO 86 and a Class 304 EMU and have money left over for a broad gauge range...:lol:

I agree with the suggestions for the first generation Freightliner flats, surely given the way the intermodal range has exploded in recent years this must be a case of sooner rather than later

I do wonder how much of that popularity was due to its being one of only a handful of MU models though, of any type

Not sure, but I do remember pub discussions down the years with railway related friends who used to lament their passing with fond memories who had nothing to do with model railways. Other than doing a poll on here or something like that how would we know for sure? Has it featured in any wants polls in the last few years? (I never thought about researching that before making my post!) :lol:

Jim

I can't speak for Dapol but I would expect them to try and steer clear of duplicating anything Bachann might do. The 81 and 85 were the most alike of the early AC locos in terms of bogies and wheelbase. Batween them these 2 classes comprised 65% of the original AC loco fleet. I would more expect to see an 81 coming from Barwell than Chirk.

hmmm... you learn something new every day. personally i'm not too bothered who produces them but I for one would buy one!

Mark

My predictions for Dapol N 2011, diesel and electric only I'm afraid, don't know my kettles!

Electric,

Class 87

outside chances, Class 90 and class 442 emu.

Diesel

DP2

Class 27

class 59

DMU

class 143/4

class 205

outside chances, Class 33, 50 and 55 and class 117 and 158

lets see how close I get with that little lot...

Mark

Mmmmm................

'Interesting' and 'Unexpected' would surely point to a brand new range of track and components in 'true-scale' P4 ?

Properly scaled and complementing their overhead catenary system, maybe with some third rail components, what better way to launch this than with a brand new, properly done, high spec 67 and Mk3's in 'OO' P4 ?

Capturing an opportunity that has been ignored elsewhere ?

Your's Hopefully,

Shed.

How about a Beyer Garratt !! MR / BR and in 4mm

Wasnt that once mooted by Dapol many years ago in the Winsford days!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK I'll get me coat

Archived