Bradfield, Gloucester Square BR 1962 ish

TheLaird

If you're using Safari in an IMac running OSX as opposed to the smaller devices it's easy to get to full screen When you start the video click on the words 'You Tube' at bottom right (not on the tool bar but bottom right of the image) and that takes you to it running on You Tube then just click on the 'full screen' button at the extreme right of the tool bar.

Thank you Stationmaster, this was helpful. (And they say Macs have an intuitive interface!)

I have tried this and although I can get to "Large Player" I cannot set it to "Full Screen", in neither Safari nor Firefox, although I can get "Full Screen" on either of these browsers with other videos, including YouTubes. I suspect it is something about John's video that is the problem.

Never mind, the video was pretty impressive even if not full screen.

Keep it up, your Lairdship!

Ian

Guest Tom F

The sound systems are SWD ESUv3.5 on all the diesels. Speakers are either 40x20mm or 23mm round, nothing special. I do fit them in enclosures and ensure they are sealed with blue tac.

Thanks for the response. It was your steam loco in the first video that got my attention, seemed particular clear and more realistic than some factory fitted steam sound decoders. Ideally I would like one loco of each class fitted with Sound on my layout.

Cheers

Thanks for the response. It was your steam loco in the first video that got my attention, seemed particular clear and more realistic than some factory fitted steam sound decoders. Ideally I would like one loco of each class fitted with Sound on my layout.

Cheers

The Fairburn is fitted with SWD ESUv4 chip with the standard class 4 sound project. I think this is one of the most realistic yet. Speaker is a 23mm round fitted in the roof of the cab.

Marvellous stuff, John, I can smell the diesel...

Two points -

1. Safari crashed after I tried to return to the RMWeb window after watching the video on YouTube (still cannot get full screen, incidentally). This might just be my computer but I record it for Andy, in case anybody else has the same problem

2. Loved the flange squeal on the Peak. Could you get brake squeal on the 4MT?

ian

Marvellous stuff, John, I can smell the diesel...

Two points -

1. Safari crashed after I tried to return to the RMWeb window after watching the video on YouTube (still cannot get full screen, incidentally). This might just be my computer but I record it for Andy, in case anybody else has the same problem

2. Loved the flange squeal on the Peak. Could you get brake squeal on the 4MT?

ian

Hi Ian, glad you like the vid's. I can't help much on the tech stuff, I can't get full screen either without going in to the youtube site. I seem to have used a lower resolution on the last upload as well. I too am experiencing lots of crashes and sql errors at present and very slow refreshes on RMweb.

The Fairburn has brake squeal and flange squeal but I obviously didn't brake sharp enough for it to take effect!!

Regards John

I'm loving this.

It's just so satisfying to watch prototypical movements, instead of stuff just moving past the vantage point.

However: you DO realise that you are going to HAVE to ring the changes of locos, unless you want everyone shouting at your locos when the same one appears again....just like we used to as kids.

Well, WE did......"Oh, no, NOT "Great Northern" AGAIN!!!"

However: you DO realise that you are going to HAVE to ring the changes of locos, unless you want everyone shouting at your locos when the same one appears again....just like we used to as kids.

Well, WE did......"Oh, no, NOT "Great Northern" AGAIN!!!"

I remember a friend coming back from a holiday on the North Wales coast complaining that every train was pulled by a black five.

Thats all for now folks! Ibiza is calling so Bradfield will be ceasing operations for the next week, will continue shooting some more on my return. Thanks for all the positive comments.

John E

Enjoy your holiday John, I was at Playa Den Bossa earlier this year and had a nice break. At least the weather should be better than here, although I'm sure Bradfield in the rain would look extremely atmospheric, not to mention realistic.

• 2 weeks later...

YES!! having escaped the blistering sunshine of Ibiza, we're back in soggy old blighty. In deepest, darkest Yorkshire the wheels are turning again. Normal service has resumed at Bradfield, the skies are still reassuringly grey with the occasional interlude of that Pennine speciality, liquid sunshine.

And just to prove it, we have the latest episode of "the Bradfield Chronicles" to look forward to. This exciting episode continues the early hours theme, featuring the arrival of the St Pancras Parcels and the despatch of the Skipton Mails. Watch this space....

It is a lengthier clip than previous and is taking forever to upload so the link will follow shortly.

Hi John,

Superb video, I just love those working signals. The ground signal is just brilliant.

The Peak and class 08 sound good too, are they the factory sound chips?

Cheers Peter.

Archived