Treneglos: The ACE on the North Cornwall Railway

2ManySpams

Be sure to say hello John, we don't bite but John (Old Gringo) does dribble...

Will do - am bringing SWMBO as it's close to home and we don't have to leave the dogs too long. In fact you lot are the main reasons we're coming at all. We should be there on Saturday morning,

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Be sure to say hello John, we don't bite but John (Old Gringo) does dribble...

A bit late in the day, but I can confirm that the Treneglos Team does not bite - but I don't recall Old Gringo dribbling, either. Perhaps there was something in that tea they offered me, though.... Oh, and beware of Mr Spams and his phone-camera - you may be held up to ridicule in some future life!
  • Like 4

A bit late in the day, but I can confirm that the Treneglos Team does not bite - but I don't recall Old Gringo dribbling, either. Perhaps there was something in that tea they offered me, though.... Oh, and beware of Mr Spams and his phone-camera - you may be held up to ridicule in some future life!

Maybe I should take some almond slices or pies - along with my camera, of course :)

• Like 2

BTW one of the reasons we're coming is that SWMBO was mightily impressed with BCB at Members' Day at Stafford. And we passed very near there on the way down from Ilfracombe to Marazion this summer. Didn;t visit as we were towing the caravan, and the country lanes were a little bit on the non-caravan friendly side.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ok, I've sent Young Gringo home and he's now washed his face...

post-6675-0-17625800-1348433227_thumb.jpg

And here's the boarded crossing at the western end of the platform (nicely painted by the current day OG)

post-6675-0-04277100-1348433256_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-59026600-1348433245_thumb.jpg

And something drying for DitD (wrong colour for a flying tardis)

post-6675-0-63882400-1348433235_thumb.jpg

(oh, by the way, the boards are only loosely connected at the moment and hence the visible gap - it's much smaller once the boards are correctly leveled and the bolts grumped up)

• Like 13

Seconded

Colin

• Like 1

Now OG dribbling is something we do have many, many photos of.....

Oh deary me! I never thought that when I signed up to RMweb, I'd have to justify what I used to wear around 1959!

Now Mr. Spams, you're going to have to get your paintbrush out again, if you want to get Mini-Gringo to look right and up to the standard of detail of your excellent buildings.

Believe it or not I had floppy blonde hair - and a stripey tank-top, probably in a beige, or similarly insipid colour with lateral red, brown and cream stripes (possibly too horrible to paint!). And nobody I knew ever wore red trousers in the Fifties. They'd be either grey, or dark grey, as would be the socks. You wore them for school during the week and then at weekends you wore the old stuff that was no longer good enough for school.

Today it's drizzling outside and a rather grey day. Here I am dribbling on about how grey it was growing up in the 50s! It seems that nothing changes then.

All the best, John.

PS: Who's that wierdo in the green hat creeping up behind the fence?

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

We're not long back now from setting up at Loughborough show. Shame that we forgot where half the bits went - particularly the steel frame for the lighting units.There are two verticals, two ends and two center sections and we now know how many combinations that makes.... Mildly embarrassing as Dave (Torr Giffard fame) dropped in to help us set up. Dave, honestly it was our layout and we have put it up before. Mind you, it may have been easier if someone (no names Damian) hadn't painted over all the identification marks.....

Right, beer number two....

Many thanks to Dave for travelling down about an hour just to help us set up - isn't RMweb great.

• Like 1