RMweb

Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd post some pics of the depot building, which is now nearing completion. I've added an internal structure and a little more weathering, along with the signs.

I've ordered some lights from Express Models and there's some more guttering to do and a little touching up, but other than that it's not far off finished.

post-7247-0-08931100-1441096549_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-22225100-1441096978_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-97662700-1441096572_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-93033600-1441096580_thumb.jpg

The signs are taken from photos of the real building, pasted onto plastic card and then stuck on the building using blue-tak. That way they can be changed easily, as the real signs changed quite a lot through the 80s.

Once the finishing touches have been done on this building, it will be straight on to the next one. One building down, four to go, plus a hut!

Cheers for now,

Dave

• Like 18

HST power cars looked good in that livery, nice work. Lovely IS Inter-City ScotRail 47, another nice Scottish Brush.

I do like the building Dave, great work as always. Looking forward to seeing the next one.

By the way, those IS duffs don't half get about, I see 461 was at Boxenby at the weekend! ;)

• Like 1

W

Dave,

I think this image shows the vertical relationship of the signs to the cladding and doorway

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidwf2009/5658336031/

• RMweb Gold

You will probably find that your shed isn't limited clearance at all. Most sheds aren't, although on today's railway seems to have limited clearance or no refuges all over the place, they seem to be to modern managers like yellow shunting discs are to preserved railway s and t men!

They could well be higher than you'd expect as they may be for drivers rather than those on the ground. Drivers have been known to hit their heads when leaning out of windows............

Meant to say, Building 1 is looking ace!!

Edited by D6775

Hi Dave,

The building looks great and I like the latest models out in the cumbrian sunshine. Those 47's really look the part. I have one to do as the enterprising scot at some point as I saw it at Poole when I was younger when it was based at reading. Might need you to weather it like your models so it looks the part.

Good luck with the run.

Mark

Hi folks,

Just a quick pitstop update. The first depot shed is now basically complete. Downpipes have been fitted and lights have been installed and it's pretty much ready for planting on the layout. The exterior lights are Express Models wall lights while the interior lights are two LED strips, again from Express Models. I'm looking forward to placing it on the layout, switching the lights on for the first time and putting some shed "furniture" inside.

post-7247-0-62026400-1441616395_thumb.jpg

There isn't as much detail on this side of the shed, as much of it will be hidden by the adjacent shed...

post-7247-0-80291200-1441616387_thumb.jpg

All signs are only stuck on with blue-tak so that they can be changed and moved around for different eras from the late 70s through to the late 80s.

post-7247-0-61288900-1441616380_thumb.jpg

One down, five buildings plus a small shed to go.

Right, on with the next one now! 

Cheers for now,
Dave

PS Gary - have lowered the restricted clearance signs a little, but they do need to be higher than usual I think.

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 13

Well, there's no stopping me now.

Depot shed no. 2 begins to take shape...

post-7247-0-58899300-1441702810_thumb.jpg

Due to space constraints, this building has had to be reduced from a 3-road shed to a 2-road one in model form. Otherwise, I've tried to keep the character of the original shed as much as possible. Selective compression is the name of the game.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 10