Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

A great set of pics Dave,

Not sure I have seen 47211 before, looks very nice.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter. 47211 has only recently had its buffer beams detailed, so hopefully it should get out a bit more now.

Cheers

Dave

Hi folks,

As you may have noticed, updates have been less frequent here at WW recently. The reason for this is simple:

I'm doing the Great North Run (a half-marathon) on Sunday September 13th for Children with Cancer UK, and am looking to raise as much money as possible for this incredibly worthy cause. For more information on the charity, the story behind it and what they do, see

http://www.childrenwithcancer.org.uk/about-us

I have a minimum target of ₤350 to raise, so please sponsor me as much as you can! I know there are so many drains on our money these days, but whatever you can give would be hugely appreciated. I managed to raise £540 last time round, thanks in no small part to generous RMWebbers. 

You can donate via the following webpage:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=DavidSegar

Virgin Money Giving is a non-profit making site. Alternatively, you could send me your donation directly to me - please PM me for details.

As you can imagine, the training is making serious inroads into my modelling time, so this is a huge sacrifice I am making here.  :jester:
  I’ve done a few half-marathons before so I know what's involved but this will be the first one I've done for a few years and I’m not getting any younger! My aim is to finish in under 2 hours, just to prove that age is not catching up on me. I'm hoping to keep up this self-delusion for as long as possible. The longest I've taken on a half marathon up till now is 1 hr 59 minutes, 5 years ago, so I don't have much margin for error!  :butcher:  

With thanks in advance for whatever donation you can give. It really is truly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave

PS I've put much the same post on a new thread on Wheeltappers but I thought I'd post it here too to maximise exposure.

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 5

Good on you Dave,

My wife is getting over Breast cancer and is having Chemo at the moment to make sure it doesn't come back so anything to raise money for Cancer gets my vote.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 4

Hi folks,

Not much modelling activity going on at the moment really, no time unfortunately, but I just thought I'd post a sneak preview of a quick respray job I'm doing. I've always been a bit of a fan of named 47s and Scottish ones in particular of course and after some idle thought I decided that the lure of doing 47470 University of Edinburgh was just too great. The only suitable donor body I had with blanked off headcodes was that from grey-roofed 47553, which I've only just completed of course. There was no stopping me however, so here is the current stage of progress:

Here it is, complete with mini-Westie, awaiting nameplates and weathering,....

post-7247-0-84211500-1436699861_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-80177800-1436699846_thumb.jpg

In other news, D200 is ready once again for testing after yet more body refitting problems. In the end, I hard-wired the main lights, so I'm hoping that should sort the problem.

After that, it really will be out with the modelling knife and plasticard as I get under way with the depot buildings. Honest. :jester:  

Cheers for now

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 12

Hi folks,

Still snatching the odd few minutes of modelling here and there...

47470 University of Edinburgh edges its way towards completion. Reassembly is now all that's left to do really.

Light weathering and nameplates applied. I wanted a slightly work-stained but still reasonably smart appearance with this one.

post-7247-0-74079700-1436880235_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-94491400-1436880244_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to putting it on the layout. No regrets about respraying 47553 so soon after completing it.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 13

Just catching up Dave, you really are spoiling us, Coal Grid and an Original Railfreight 47, lovely job!

There is something rather nice about a 47 in blue, nice job as always.

You really must stop posting photos of 47/7s........I keep edging ever closer to getting one....