Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Dave,

Just finished reading through this thread over a few days fascinating layout, very impressive. Love the photos with the daylight coming in through the windows.

I am particularly interested in the look of the depot area and how that is developing will follow with interest.

I used to have some pikestaff buildings on my layout but noticed if you have any 00 guage people nearby you notice how small the doors are, I eventually replaced them so the problem went away

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,

Just finished reading through this thread over a few days fascinating layout, very impressive. Love the photos with the daylight coming in through the windows.

I am particularly interested in the look of the depot area and how that is developing will follow with interest.

I used to have some pikestaff buildings on my layout but noticed if you have any 00 guage people nearby you notice how small the doors are, I eventually replaced them so the problem went away

Thanks Gary. I do like the Pikestuff kits as a basis for kit-bashing. I know what you mean about the doors but that's easy enough to resolve by enlarging them.

Cheers

Dave

I've just gone through all pages of this and given so many Likes and Agrees.

Waverley, this is one of the best layouts I've ever seen. This is stunning modelling.

Now, I'm not sure the words I come up with could ever do justice, so I'll leave that there.

Thanks GTT. That's very kind and I really am truly humbled, especially given some of the other layouts that are around. I did notice my Like tally increasing every day, which is always very welcome! It's over 10,000 now which is amazing.

Thanks again,

Dave

Nice duffs Mr WW. They did look good in ScotRail didn't they?!! Lovely job.

How is work on the depot buildings progressing?

Not bad actually Alex. The first building, covering roads 1 and 2, is well on the way...

post-7247-0-35217700-1439823010_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-85695300-1439815564_thumb.jpg

Lots of sanding, filling and fitting of trimmings and details to do to finish it off before it's ready for full painting, but it's well on the way.

Hopefully, those of you familiar with Haymarket from that era will recognise it. It's not an exact replica obviously and horribly shortened and a little narrower, but hopefully it captures the feel of the prototype building within the constraints of the space I have available.

There, that shocked you, didn't it?  :jester:

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 12

Now I know were our sunshine went today it all went to Cumbria !!!!!     Like the duffs Scotrail livery did look good on them even if the drafts weren't stopped up in the cab the depot building is looking good.Please send our sunshine back south please.​

Now I know were our sunshine went today it all went to Cumbria !!!!!     Like the duffs Scotrail livery did look good on them even if the drafts weren't stopped up in the cab the depot building is looking good.Please send our sunshine back south please.​

I don't think it's going to hang around here for too long, lms, judging by the forecast!

Depot looks good ! Did you use this as a base? 

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/541-5007

Thanks britfarmer.

The building is a Plastikard shell clad in corrugated sheets taken from various Pikstuff kits, including my old dismantled 2-road depot which has been heavily modified, as the roof in particular is very different. Along the bottom is a base wall made from Slater's sheets.

Anyone know of a good source in the UK for Pikestuff kits? Are Modern Structures in Miniature still selling them? They used to stock them but if you go to their website (www.m-s-i-m.co.uk), only DVDs seem to come up now, although a search for Pikestuff UK brings up a section of their website which doesn't seem to have a link from the homepage. 

Cheers

Dave

Thanks britfarmer.

The building is a Plastikard shell clad in corrugated sheets taken from various Pikstuff kits, including my old dismantled 2-road depot which has been heavily modified, as the roof in particular is very different. Along the bottom is a base wall made from Slater's sheets.

Anyone know of a good source in the UK for Pikestuff kits? Are Modern Structures in Miniature still selling them? They used to stock them but if you go to their website (www.m-s-i-m.co.uk), only DVDs seem to come up now, although a search for Pikestuff UK brings up a section of their website which doesn't seem to have a link from the homepage. 

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

Sorry I can't help with a current UK Pikestuff source but I do know M-S-I-M have stopped selling kits and just focus on DVD's now. I had a few bits from their last trade stall at DEMU 2014.

As ever, fantastic photos of the 47's.

Cheers

Sam

Hi Dave, meant to say that I am liking the progress so far. A 47/7 and a 26 will look right at home in your building.

Nice photo Peter, not sure how it would look if you weathered a model to look like that?!!

Thanks Alex. I've got the bit between my teeth now with the buildings at last and am aiming to make the most of it. Finding time for modelling is proving difficult as always, but it's the same for all of us! 

Cheers

Dave

It is good to see that you are making progress, even if it is only a little. I know what you mean, I had hoped to have the floor almost ready for putting down permanently, but alas not! It is good when you get the bit between your teeth as motivation comes easily.

The peeling paint is frustrating me!

Although I did manage to spend a few minutes running my sound 31 and sound 60 up and down the pits last night! I know it doesn't sound exciting but I really enjoyed it! :locomotive: