Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Hi Dave

Nice to see the shed progress and photos etc., keeping yourself occupied is the best way mate. I logged in for the first time in months or weeks for sure. Its nice to see the progress and many photos.

Keep up the good work

Jamie

• Like 2

Now we're cooking Dave! Looking good.

You must be getting excited at the prospect of a finished depot.

Absolutely Alex. It's taken me a while to get to this stage, but now that I've finished the first building and plonked it on the layout, I'm really starting to get a sense of what it will hopefully look like. It will be like having a new layout really.

An impression of this motley collection of buildings compressed into the space i have available is what I'm aiming for...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101242744@N07/9787239125/in/photolist-fUSada-fJjH6L-87F6ZS-rtbMdK-fKFPPu-jzcYF7-fJ37sx-o5WzCo-o5Wzsy-fJjHhS-9KNTcL-eokyVp-tk17Rf-eikVSG-fJjSNQ-auXbpv-qTUSiw-neHnha-9KgqUJ-cuLW9Y-iL1sSG-fr2pHR-rJ6Aq3-rcEQiE-sQ1wBt-frqN4z-pBrrr7-9ra85s-fKFQtA-g7snpv-5HAvFG-fBXK3V-pitqbA-gAkswu-raFvUN-hhPCYL-y86cPW-np4Ppo-8TbQDM-dEjatK-pjuqG9-dQnU4x-u1VeKM-owFNUh-g7tdu2-dUw9Zd-qBnErS-sHore8-qgd5zU-cVD5Qf

Nice photo, is that Duff Town? How many 47s were on shed that day?!! Nice!

I bet you are, it does really give you an idea of how it will look when finished.

As we all know only too well, there are always compromises to be had, but what you are achieving within the space available is superb. Love it!

Now stop posting on RMweb and get on with those depot buildings! Otherwise you can come down and help me out! :jester:

Absolutely Alex. It's taken me a while to get to this stage, but now that I've finished the first building and plonked it on the layout, I'm really starting to get a sense of what it will hopefully look like. It will be like having a new layout really.

An impression of this motley collection of buildings compressed into the space i have available is what I'm aiming for...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101242744@N07/9787239125/in/photolist-fUSada-fJjH6L-87F6ZS-rtbMdK-fKFPPu-jzcYF7-fJ37sx-o5WzCo-o5Wzsy-fJjHhS-9KNTcL-eokyVp-tk17Rf-eikVSG-fJjSNQ-auXbpv-qTUSiw-neHnha-9KgqUJ-cuLW9Y-iL1sSG-fr2pHR-rJ6Aq3-rcEQiE-sQ1wBt-frqN4z-pBrrr7-9ra85s-fKFQtA-g7snpv-5HAvFG-fBXK3V-pitqbA-gAkswu-raFvUN-hhPCYL-y86cPW-np4Ppo-8TbQDM-dEjatK-pjuqG9-dQnU4x-u1VeKM-owFNUh-g7tdu2-dUw9Zd-qBnErS-sHore8-qgd5zU-cVD5Qf

Dave,

have you tried taking a photo from a similar angle and level,on your layout?

Dave,

have you tried taking a photo from a similar angle and level,on your layout?

Hi Gary,

I certainly will be doing. I just thought I'd take a quick shot to show the new shed on the layout.

I'm looking forward to taking some low levels shots of the buildings once they've progressed a bit further.

Cheers

Dave

Hi folks,

A quick shot of shed 1 in situ ready for the lights to be connected up, with the basic shell of shed 2 alongside for trial fitting on the layout...

attachicon.gifDepot building 2 2.jpg

Cardboard is gradually giving way to plastic.

Cheers for now,

Dave

...wasn't sure at first until I saw they were prototype structures - coming on - an excellent collection of Traction will look good with a lineside shot.

Ian

Hi folks,

Well, back to modelling now.

A little more progress on shed no. 2 to report. The basic shell is now more or less complete and will be ready for painting after preparation. I'm repeating the idea of basic painting first followed by interior detailing as it worked well on the first shed.

A bit more work is needed on the roof now (which is still not attached), particularly the skylights. An order has just gone in to Kernow Models for some roof trusses and other detailing bits and pieces, along with another order to Express Models for some more lights.

post-7247-0-63324300-1442500874_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Dave

• Like 15

Hi folks,

Work continues apace on the second shed building. The roof is pretty much finished, apart from some edging strips, and I'm in the process of painting the walls now. Then it will be on to detailing the interior and fitting of lights, signs, etc. 

post-7247-0-56425800-1442995892_thumb.jpg

I'm also starting to think about the third shed building now (although I'm actually going to do the smaller shed on the right in the photo I posted a link to before next). I've ordered and received some window frame etches from Peedie Models (great service and nice etches, just what I wanted) and just need to get some more corrugated plastic sheet and then I'll pretty much have what I need to do that one.

Cheers for now,
Dave

• Like 10