The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

What was the last album you purhased

simplex

Just bought Joe Bonamassa Live at the Royal Albert Hall CD and thoroughly enjoying it. This has got me wondering what music, (if any), that fellow RM webbers are buying.

Here is a youtube clip of Joe in action, a real treat to all who love Blues guitar

• RMweb Premium

Just received from Barnes and Noble today three CD's. Miranda Lambert Revolution and Kerosene plus Laura Lee Bundy Achin' and Shakin'. Spent most of the day listening to them and they are very good if you like Country Rock. If you have never heard of the two ladies just type their names into YouTube and you will get a good idea of their talent.

Chris

Boxed set - "Buddy Holly: Not Fade Away - The Complete Studio Recordings and More".

You have to be a diehard Buddy Holly fan to listen to it all the way through, though, including as it does several different versions of some songs, false starts and all. Listening to the creative process made me feel closer to the man.

I've bought the DVD's of the BBC Transatlantic Sessions. Brilliant! I also found the CD of Led Zeppelin 2 cheap at HMV, and could not resist the chance to make the van bounce as I drive along. I have always thought 2 by far the best of their albums.

Ed

I picked up Marvin Gaye's 'What's Goin' On' album (cd) for £4 last week in my local Sainsburys, had it on vinyl years ago and hadn't heard it all the way through for a long time. Listened to it on the way home from work at around 3am in the pouring rain.... beautiful B)

Also picked up a good Led Zep compilation, hats off to Jimmy Page, the bloke is a production genius. 'Ramble On' is a fantastic record as is 'Stairway To Heaven' despite the daft 'Wayne's World' stigma it's been stuck with!

Nidge ;)

The last album i purchased was a recent one which came about after watching a the Bourne Ultimatum. When the credits came on at the end i thought wow this is a great record & after a google i found it was by Moby. Next stop ebay & purchased Moby - 18 which is a fantastic album i was always a fan of his older stuff from the 90's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEjiT43Gi7o

This is without doubt one of my favourite tracks ever it is fantastic.

Simon.

• RMweb Gold

I picked up Marvin Gaye's 'What's Goin' On' album (cd) for £4 last week in my local Sainsburys, had it on vinyl years ago and hadn't heard it all the way through for a long time. Listened to it on the way home from work at around 3am in the pouring rain.... beautiful B)

Can identify with that one! My brothers had bought it in 1971, I listened to it a lot more than I think they did. Totally absorbing music, and about real issues, too. I bought a copy in the late '70s, but haven't really used a turntable in 20 years, although we bought a USB-output model last year. Perhaps when Deb's away later next month I'll dig this and others out.

My last album, via mail-order last year, was Big Up Jazz, from 1993. I'd adored a track "The Groove", a sort of remake of a Rodney Franklin hit from the mid-70s, I had heard on radio in early 1994, never found the album but finally tracked (sorry) it down to the artists' website, and bought direct. Very pleased I did!

Can identify with that one! My brothers had bought it in 1971, I listened to it a lot more than I think they did. Totally absorbing music, and about real issues, too. I bought a copy in the late '70s, but haven't really used a turntable in 20 years, although we bought a USB-output model last year. Perhaps when Deb's away later next month I'll dig this and others out.

My last album, via mail-order last year, was Big Up Jazz, from 1993. I'd adored a track "The Groove", a sort of remake of a Rodney Franklin hit from the mid-70s, I had heard on radio in early 1994, never found the album but finally tracked (sorry) it down to the artists' website, and bought direct. Very pleased I did!

One of the things that struck me listening to 'What's Goin' On' was the amount of 'space' in the mix, you just don't hear it anymore on the radio as everything recorded these days is so compressed and artificial. It's the same with Led Zep's stuff and I noticed it on The Who's 'Baba O' Rielly' too this morning (sublime, utterley sublime!).

The day before I bought the Marvin Gaye album I found a good jazz compilation in the same store for £3.... Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Dave Brubeck etc, fantastic stuff. Good driving music too.

Nidge ;)

• RMweb Gold

Andre Rieu Moonlight Serenade. I've been buying from his web site for many years having seen him on German satellite TV.

The Beatles 1962-1966 and 1966-70. To replace old vinyl albums. On offer locally.

Most of my purchases now are from the local market stalls who often have very old stock.

David

2 weeks ago I went into Cob records in Porthmadog, and bought 2 x 2nd hand CD's

John Lee Hooker - The Healer "I've got it on vinyl but could not resist CD for my Car"

Martin Stephenson & The Daintees - Best Of "there Comes a Time", I've been struggling to get hold of this for years.

Craig.

Archived