Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

What was the last album you purhased

simplex

If we're talking CDs then it was The Final Frontier (Iron Maiden). If we're including downloads, then it was either Tres Hombres (ZZ Top) or Inflammable Material (Stiff Little Fingers) from Amazon. As I listen to pretty much everything on my iPod, it doesn't make a lot of difference to me these days.

Scratch my last entry. I've just bought the newest White Lies album on LP because I heard it played yesterday in Preston HMV and it sounded all 80s new romantic and Amazon turned out to have it at a realistic price. Sometimes it's nice to take a punt on a group that I've not heard anything by before.

• RMweb Premium

For me it was an album by 'Poet and a One man band' that had a track on that I heard them play in Hyde Park in 1971 when they were called Heads Hands and Feet. I'd been hunting for a copy of CDirty heavy Weather Road for some years and found the Album had been reissued by a dutch company who had remade the original album onto CD. It was worth the wait as the track was as good as my memory told me and brought back many happy memories . I even managed to get hold of a single on vinyl of the track. Just for interest the track is all about driving a Commer J4 van over Shap on the old A6 in the snow before the Transit came along.

Jamie

How did your day go, Jenny?

Pretty well thanks - I signed all of the shops stock of my book. I met Lenny Henry, and used quiet moments to read a book about the Longridge branch that was on the shelf next to me.

Back on topic, I didn't buy any music in HMV though. These days I find that Amazon provides a better range at a better price for most things. The older I get the less music I buy and the more cynical I get.

Just bought 2 cd's this week on flea bay. Both Rush albums ' hold your fire' and ' Power Windows ' I have these on vinyl but the record player isn't working at the moment and its cheaper to buy on flea bay than purchase and download on the internet for my ipod.

• RMweb Premium

Last week I finally bought Dark Side of the Moon on CD (well hybrid CD/SACD) for a fiver from play.com, thought it was about time I replaced the vinyl! And the one before that was the Springsteen 73-84 box set at Christmas. Been buying quite a few CDs from charity shows recently, at aquid a pop, in amongst the Mantovani and Val Doonican I've been buyimg White Stripes, Radiohead, The Verve, Pulp.

Buy music ? what is this "buying" of which you speak ?

Excellent impression of 'Edward' from the League of Gentleman'. Thank you    :D

I've just bought 'Tracey Ullman - Move Over Darling (The Complete Stiff Recordings) on eBay.

Somehow it fits in with my penchant for (Slade (live), Motorhead, AC/DC, Jimmy Barnes, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Smokin' Roadie, INXS, Judas Priest, Whole Lotta DC.

'FULL PO, Charlie!!!'

Sometimes I hate my Soft Side   :angry:

• RMweb Gold

Last "new" album I bought was The Alarm's Direct Action, other stuff picked up recently was remasters of earlier albums that I already had.

Having said that I have just got back from running the lights for The Alarm's fan club "Gathering" weekend with special guests Big Country, Glen Matlock and Rusty Egan. An absolute stormer of a weekend with some fantastic gigs including a three hour set by the headliners!

(And having had very little sleep over the weekend I've slept almost all day today hence still being up now)

Andi

quote name='gwrrob' timestamp='1296387859' post='317127']

'The History of Modern' by OMD. Its very good and in some ways a blast to the past of the early days.

Yep its a good solid album from OMD and a real pleasure to listen to. There is concert on Radio 2 this Thursday at 8pm to listen to so having not seen them play the new album live it should be a good chance to see how it sounds.

Cheers Paul

Archived