Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

• RMweb Gold

Looks very nice. "Loco shed cleaned" weathering will yop it off.

What's next in the build room?

Baz

No locos for a while, got to build a layout for it and the J24 to run on.

Top work - it's remarkable how much less garish the loco appears now it has green wheels. It'll look better yet in cleaned not clean guise.

Adam

There was quite a difference when I started the lining, it seems to breaks the green up.

• Like 1

Paul, I've just spent a very enjoyable hour or so (I'm a slow reader!) reading through the postings about your new loco having been alerted to it by Barry O. You've made loads of progress since you showed me the bare loco at the Gateshead Show in mid-November. She is absolutely superb and I love the blow by blow account! And I think they are lovely locos and you've made a great job of it. As you know, I need to build one, or two, for Blakey Junction and yours gives me a lot of inspiration. And I've learned about sand-blasters and been reminded of ale and Wensleydale cheese! So, all in all, a great read and inspiration all round! Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

Paul, that's a superb piece of work. I look forward to seeing it 'in the metal' at some point in the future, if you're still going to be exhibiting?

As an aside, and not wishing to hijack the thread (I saw the black eye you handed out...), was this the '1001' that was reported to have worked on the Whitby-Scarborough line? I've been trying to identify the loco concerned, with no luck as yet :(

Best,

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Paul, that's a superb piece of work. I look forward to seeing it 'in the metal' at some point in the future, if you're still going to be exhibiting?

As an aside, and not wishing to hijack the thread (I saw the black eye you handed out...), was this the '1001' that was reported to have worked on the Whitby-Scarborough line? I've been trying to identify the loco concerned, with no luck as yet :(

Best,

Mark

Hi Mark, yes it will be exhibited, just need to build the layout first, I've got a couple of people rescaling plans and drawing in templot hopefully as we speak.

One of the later 1270s batch definitely ran on the Scarborough & Whitby.  

And I found a photo of "William the green engine"

attachicon.gifner2.jpg

Only kidding - it is a superb piece of work.  Kev.

Next job, fit face.

Hi Mark, yes it will be exhibited, just need to build the layout first, I've got a couple of people rescaling plans and drawing in templot hopefully as we speak.

One of the later 1270s batch definitely ran on the Scarborough & Whitby.  

Hi Paul

Many thanks for that news :)

Regarding the loco details that I seek - thanks again; at least I now know that I'm not barking up the wrong tree :good_mini:

Cheers

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Good progress tonight, a little touching up on the tender cab and a repair to the lining on the firebox then it's on to the other side, a small amount of which is done. The technique I settled on for the 'edge' lining is to run a brush loaded with black along the edge and when dry apply the white transfer overlapping it, curves are bodged in carefully with a brush. The wheels were lined by painting the tyre black and a white-loaded brush held on the inner edge while the wheel was turned followed by a bit of touching up with black.

post-7104-0-36543700-1450480275_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-36543700-1450480275_thumb.jpg

• Like 19