Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

• RMweb Gold

A bit of detailing in the cab this morning, pressure gauge from a brass washer and plasticard - needs some markings on it. Reverser representation (combined lever and screw) made from bits of brass tube, wire, strip and an MSE etched wheel.

post-7104-0-18906400-1462624266_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

Guest Q663368

Must be just about there now, I think just glazing, a few tools, a lamp and attach the crew and that will be it.

attachicon.gifIMGP9289-001.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP9290-001.JPG

Beautiful. Very well executed. One day I hope to see it in operation on your up and coming Rosedale layout.

Must be just about there now, I think just glazing, a few tools, a lamp and attach the crew and that will be it.

attachicon.gifIMGP9289-001.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP9290-001.JPG

Very nice indeed. I have a  Chiltern Iron Works kit that I bought for my erstwhile EM NER layout. As I now model in 00 BR(NE) 48-55 it remains unbuilt. Your model has prompted me to think about making a start.and assuming its preservation included bringing it back to working order. Too much of a leap? It's my trainset...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Very nice indeed. I have a Chiltern Iron Works kit that I bought for my erstwhile EM NER layout. As I now model in 00 BR(NE) 48-55 it remains unbuilt. Your model has prompted me to think about making a start.and assuming its preservation included bringing it back to working order. Too much of a leap? It's my trainset...

Go for it!

Having seen your new loco in the flesh last night, I was impressed at the quality of your build.

In the early days of our club, only Fred Rowntree, Peter Riley and I did any scratch building of locos. You came as a callow youth, spilling my bottle of green label flux etc. But, you have now surpassed anything that Pete, Fred or I could do. My congratulations

Derek

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

With one thing and another nothing much has been done in the last couple of weeks, the crew has been fixed in the cab of 1093 and some tools glued on the tender top. The last couple of nights I have been working on a few wagons, finishing off the bare wood planking inside and adding a bit of variation in colour to them, I've also 'lettered' the LNWR and L&Y one plank wagons, incidentally both are diagram 1.

post-7104-0-64231100-1464038672_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

Nice work on the loco and wagons.

Whos letters have you used on the L & Y wagon?

Cheers

Simon

Morning Simon,

The L&Y wagon uses HMRS transfers,

http://www.hmrs.org.uk/transfers/transferdetails.php?transferid=1021

The LNWR one uses the ones in the kit.

• RMweb Gold

Morning Simon,

The L&Y wagon uses HMRS transfers,

http://www.hmrs.org.uk/transfers/transferdetails.php?transferid=1021

The LNWR one uses the ones in the kit.

Thanks Paul,

I thought they may be from the HMRS sheet.

I've been on the look for them as a water slide trader but not had any luck so far.

Cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

The wooden chassis isn't up to exacting P4 standards though.

Wooden chassis replaced with something metal more suited to EM, painted and lettered but please don't look too closely to the number plate.

post-7104-0-69932700-1464645644_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Love it.. Is that the door operating lever on the P5?

Andy

Morning Andy, I'm assuming you mean the lever on the end, that's the brake lever, one on each end.

post-7104-0-99995000-1464760839_thumb.jpg

This is a door catch, known as a monkey tail, there's two on each side.

post-7104-0-34941700-1464760847_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Next for lettering is a Central Division (end brakes) P7 from quite a few pages back, there's still a bit to finish on the other side.

post-7104-0-62682200-1464905541_thumb.jpg

Next up is a C9 5 plank open next to a finished one, this one will be in the earlier N.E.R. livery.

post-7104-0-02454900-1464905547_thumb.jpg

• Like 9