Lime Street Station

Les Green

• RMweb Gold

No, its known as our "Dynamic Wheel Cleaner".

Thin strip of tissue - single ply of cheapest is best.

Spray with Iso-Propyl Alcohol, keep it damp.

That's a good idea, not come across that before. Does the tissue ever stick to the wheels? That could cause a nasty mess!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That's a good idea, not come across that before. Does the tissue ever stick to the wheels? That could cause a nasty mess!

You've got to keep it damp with IPA.

As it gets too dry it can be pushed along by the guard irons, but never caused a big problem.

Steve.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve

Great to watch the DVD of the layout, I sat and watched it the other day.... excelent mate, great work by all the Club I take it...

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

No, its not a Club layout.

It belongs to John Holden, and he is helped by a merry band who all try to contribute their knowledge, skills, experience and TIME to the project.

Most of us are past or present members of Blackburn & East Lancs MRS and the layout will feature in the clubs Annual Exhibition on September 7th & 8th at the Hyndburn Leisure Centre in Accrington.

See our website for more details: http://www.belmrs.org/

It is also going to Watford Finescale in less than two weeks time, which is why all the operator training has been going on.

Steve.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Is there any problem with the loco pick up's as they run across the paper?

Cheers SS

Not really!

the paper is only about 25mm wide, so there should always be wheels in contact with the rails.

Even the Steam Railmotor, which has the shortest wheelbase, is OK because both bogies have pick-ups.

Steve.

• Like 1

Have you tried a piece of IPA-soaked cloth pinned down across one or each of the fiddle yard exits? I haven't but might. At present I am using surgical spirit to clean the rails, much to the amusement of my pharmacist friend, who reckons that the salisylic acid in it prevents all operational headaches...

Ian

Edited by clecklewyke
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I like the tip on using tissue and IPA to clean wheels - I think I will try that on my proposed layout.

Oh and I hope to go to Watford to see the layout - I'll locate it there by listening for the sector plate motor! ;)

Edited by Welly
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I like the tip on using tissue and IPA to clean wheels - I think I will try that on my proposed layout.

Oh and I hope to go to Watford to see the layout - I'll locate it there by listening for the sector plate motor! ;)

Do come round and make yourself known.

Its nice to put a face to RMwebbers.

Steve.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifIMG_1510s.JPG

Ater much discussion I have now made the two centre sections of the roof. Primed and ready to go to John's for the next stage, painting and boxing up.

Still won't be available for Watford though.

Les,

That's what you call "Getting on with it!".

Looking forward to seeing it on Monday................

Steve.

I clicked 'Like This' - but wish there was a way to double or triple 'Like This'. Your work really deserves more than just 'one house point'.

What we have here is the most exceptional modeling and I hope you each feel proud of what you have achieved (and I'm including other aspects such as weathering and the electrical side of things too).

As an aside - any further video of your Green Goddess or road vehicles in transit would be most welcome - they are yet another detail I particularly enjoy catching up with.

Edited by Southernboy

Just got back from the show, Lime Street is as I have said even better in the flesh. Every time you see something new.

However what this thread fails to show is what a lovely bunch of chaps the team are, they have time for everyone. I said to one of the lads that they need a recording of the station announcer, the reply was 'its in the pipeline'

Show is still open tomorrow from 10 am till 4.30pm, dont miss the chance to see it

post-1131-0-69225000-1361046168_thumb.jpg

Edited by hayfield
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Another great weekend with the layout is over.

Many thanks to all at Watford Finescale for your great hospitality.

Excellent hotel, good lunches and buffet, constant tea and coffee and a really friendly wecome and send off!

The layout ran very well, but we still have a hiatus at the end of the operating sequence which comes round every 2 1/2 hours or so.

Correcting this is high on the agenda of "things to do", along with painting and boxing the two new roof sections etc. etc.

It was great to meet a few RMwebbers face to face, and I was pleased to be able to show Jason and Dave "behind the scenes".

The layout was safely tucked up in the shed by midnight and I was home before 1am.

Just got to take the van back to Intack Self drive this morning.

Next we'll be making the arrangements for our next trip - Dortmund - for a five day show in April!

I hope we can collect a few photos taken over this weekend to put on RMweb.

Till then, thanks to all who came to see us, and for your many compliments and words of encouragement.

Steve.

p.s. Don't forget, the next UK show for Lime Street is Blackburn (in Accrington) in September.

http://www.belmrs.org/

• Like 3