Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Kernow Adams O2

Saving the best until last I see. The SR green O2 is scheduled for a December arrival.

This week's newsletter from Kernow has detailed sailing arrival dates for all the O2 models.

Also published on their website.

By my reckoning we are in to D-D plus 2, and 4 days since the previous posting. Yet the frothing is strangely subdued. Does some one know something? I managed to place the last piece of my baseboard into temporary position yesterday. At this rate I shall be able to take my delivery straight out of the box, and run it without delay. This was in serious doubt at the beginning of summer.

PB

OOCL Chongqing now in the med off Egypt having passed through Suez! (with K2103 on board) Due Southampton on 29th.

Hoping that it and whatever ship Hornby are using for the S15's don't arrive at the same time. A week apart would be good! :sungum:

G.

Edited by aussiebrfan
  • Like 1

So..... Which DCC sound supplier will be doing the sound chip for this loco first?

I am quite eager to buy that right away so I can convert mine on day one.

South West Digital claim their M7 sounds are suitable for the 02, but I would guess these do not include approriate sounds for the Westinghouse pump on the IOW version and some of the mainland versions. 30053, the only surviving M7 capable of steaming (now at Swanage), no longer possesses its external pump, and I would assume this was the loco for which the sounds were recorded.

Whomsoever gets to record the 02 at Haven Street and makes a decent fist of a new chip, gets my vote. SWD do not show this as a likely new chip, so I would hope Howes or Olivias may do it some time shortly? Legoman does not (as yet) do steam.

I cannot think of any other 0-4-4 so fitted, but does anyone have any ideas for existing loco sound chips that include the pump, that might be a suitable representation?

Edited by Mike Storey

• RMweb Premium

South West Digital claim their M7 sounds are suitable for the 02, but I would guess these do not include approriate sounds for the Westinghouse pump on the IOW version and some of the mainland versions. 30053, the only surviving M7 capable of steaming (now at Swanage), no longer possesses its external pump, and I would assume this was the loco for which the sounds were recorded.

Whomsoever gets to record the 02 at Haven Street and makes a decent fist of a new chip, gets my vote. SWD do not show this as a likely new chip, so I would hope Howes or Olivias may do it some time shortly? Legoman does not (as yet) do steam.

I cannot think of any other 0-4-4 so fitted, but does anyone have any ideas for existing loco sound chips that include the pump, that might be a suitable representation?

Does it have to be an 0-4-4 if its just the sound of the pump you need?

All operational Isle of Wight locos have one (Austeritys, Terriers and the Ivatt, etc) because ALL the island coaching stock is all air braked. The Bluebells E4 has a Westinghouse pump as the engine itself is air braked and has air brake connections (the LBSC was an air braked railway) though it also has vacuum brake equipment for hauling trains comprising of vacuum fitted stock.

Not sure I will get the chance to sample an 02 as Kernow refusing to honour my order for the two I-O-W models which was made five years ago. Not happy with their customer service, and make this post after exchanging many an email with them.

• RMweb Premium

Not sure I will get the chance to sample an 02 as Kernow refusing to honour my order for the two I-O-W models which was made five years ago. Not happy with their customer service, and make this post after exchanging many an email with them.

The order books opened in July 2012 so three years ago.  The project was announced before then but it was not possible to place orders at that early stage.

There are plenty of O2s still available for sale according to Kernow MRC's Facebook page so you have every opportunity to obtain the IoW ones if you wish.

The order books opened in July 2012 so three years ago.  The project was announced before then but it was not possible to place orders at that early stage.

There are plenty of O2s still available for sale according to Kernow MRC's Facebook page so you have every opportunity to obtain the IoW ones if you wish.

I probably did not make myself clear in my previous post. I preordered both models at the original preorder price. Kernow can give me the date, my name, my address and all other details registered at the time of making the preorder reservation. However they claim not to have an actual record of the order. I know I received a confirmation email from them, but sadly this has gone awry. Should I want the models now I have to reorder at the current, higher price. No apology from them, no offer of any help. It has been a poor experience.

• RMweb Premium

I probably did not make myself clear in my previous post. I preordered both models at the original preorder price. Kernow can give me the date, my name, my address and all other details registered at the time of making the preorder reservation. However they claim not to have an actual record of the order. I know I received a confirmation email from them, but sadly this has gone awry. Should I want the models now I have to reorder at the current, higher price. No apology from them, no offer of any help. It has been a poor experience.

Its a shame that you cannot find any proof from your side, but surely you can understand their position. If they sell the models to you at the pre-order price without any proof whats to stop a dishonest person (not that I am accusing you of being such a person by the way) trying to do the same even though they haven't pre-ordered? While they have your details that doesn help because again - someone may have bought, say a couple of packs of rail joiners in the past yet use the fact that Kernow have their details to claim they put in a pre-order for an O2 tank when they didn't.

Were you to find some evidence from Kernows website or you e-mails then I'm sure Kernow would have another look at the matter.

As it happens I thought I was in the same boat as you earlier today because I couldn't see my order for the Black Southern version listed on the "my orders" section of the website and I had no e-mails to prove it either. However I did note a voided order for another O2 variant and after contacting them I was informed that where alterations had been made to a web order retrospectively (swapping my choice of model) they were not accurately captured on the website, but were recorded on their internal system.

At the end if the day I guess it shows just how important it is to keep proper records of all orders as a buyer, particularly given the long leed times now prevent in the railway modelling sector.

• RMweb Premium

Agree with keeping records.  I have always kept a copy of all emailed correspondence and of all electronically-placed orders.  With cloud storage now available I also backup to the cloud as webarchive files in case something goes awry on the ground.

It's also handy much later on if you should need to prove ownership.  For example after breakage, theft or other disaster perhaps for insurance purposes.  Aside from being a polite confirmation and a closure to the order I also always email acknowledgment of receiving an order which shows that not only have I paid but I have the item in my possession.  It also lets the retailer know they haven't simply posted that one into a void with their fingers crossed!

• Like 1

I've had a note overnight to advise that they had tried to search for the order, they did find a login but under a previous address and email but no order linked with it. I know their system records if items are selected and placed in a basket even if the order isn't completed.

Like others I keep a copy of the notification email from a retailer when I've pre-ordered anything.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

If you order via the we from Kernow then the system takes payment at the time of the order and then refunds it one or two days later. This means that you can show that an order for something costing the amount of the debit was made and I am sure Kernow would then be able to trace what you ordered and when it was or will be delivered.

• RMweb Premium

If you order via the we from Kernow then the system takes payment at the time of the order and then refunds it one or two days later. This means that you can show that an order for something costing the amount of the debit was made and I am sure Kernow would then be able to trace what you ordered and when it was or will be delivered.

I believe that system has only been in operation since their website was revamped earlier this year and is related to the software their web developer used for online sales. Before that no monies were taken at time of order as the older software did not require this.

Had the latest system been in place then the OP could have potentially had evidence from his payment card to back up his claim, but this would not be the case for orders placed back in 2012.

• RMweb Gold

I pre-ordered the preserved O2 a couple of years ago and noticed that that order disappeared ( I noticed when checking my orders when I ordered something else)

I my case though the order for the loco had disappeared but the postage part of the order remained on their system and was visible on the web, it was sorted with a quick phone call

• Like 1