Outon Road

RBE

The left over id scene from phase 1 Ian. I have had to order more to continue behind the bridge so cant progress that end. Still theres plenty to do the other end until it arrives.

Nice gouranga there too. Freight only was a goody.

Cav

Just a taster of tonights progress. My phone has made the greens a bit richer and contrasty than real life eyes for some reason anyway Ill add more pics later.

Cav

Dunno about anyone else, but I had to do a double take on the fourth one down

Hi,

Wow! Even without ballast and other scenery, I can just see a pair of Class 37's on a long coal train thrashing round that bend!

I do like the cure on the board, nice and subtle. The houses look really good as well, the missing tiles on the roof are a nice touch and not often seen on models, makes it different.

The Bridge looks good in place as well and the graffiti is quite realisitc, adds a bit of colour. Keep up the good work!

Simon

Hi Cav,

Just been catching up on your thread, The bridge looks great, it should make a good senic break the houses looks superb too. Are they the Scalescene ones? I have the corner shop to do but keep puttting it off, there is a lot of work in them.

Sorry another question, is the tree at the end of the houses one of those seafoam jobs? looks good.

Cheers Peter.

Yes Peter the houses are the scalescenes. I have adapted them to suit the area by adding an extra pair as the kit is only 4 houses, Ive also added mods like the rooflight and missing tiles. The back yards werent part of the kit either. Youre right though there is a lot of work in them and they arent cheap once you factor in cost of paper card and ink. Worth the effort though I think.

Cav

Peter the tree is seamoss with woodland scenics foliage fixed to it with cheap hairspray. For loose foliage I would probably use matt medium for strength but the fibrous nature of the woodland scenics stuff snags on even without glue. I have a lot more to make yet. bought the seamoss as a forest in a box from greescenes. Great value, I got probably about 20 trees for a tenner. Need to add foliage of course but it allows you to make them all different. The great thing about seamoss is you can splice bits of it onto other mediums such as heather to make specific tree species. I would like to do this if I have time.

Cav

Cheers james but as these are fully repainted ( to haul my tanks) and detailed vitrains locos it would be a bit of a step back for me I think. Im pretty excited after seeing the locos on there though.

Cav

Nah I need full portals for this board and Im also not sure about the dapols ability to support a contact wire. I do have some Dapol masts in the draw though so could see if they are suitable for the first board.

Cav

Hi Cav,

Thanks for the info on the houses and trees, I think I might have to get myself a Forest in a box, my layout neads more trees.

Love the lastest pics of the 37s I remember seeing 37707 with ploughs and number on the front I have a pic somewhere, good choice of loco.

Good luck with the OHL, I am not looking forwards to the new Bachmann class 85 coming out as I am going to want to add OHL to Llanbourne. :senile:

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter, on the other hand I am very much looking forward to it. I have been waiting for what seems like an eternity for it to hit the shops. It is a tad early for my time period but I cant afford to not have one for that reason. Reality is twisted all the time in our hobby so why not 85s lasting a little longer?

Cav

its really coming along now mate, the house look superb with the alley round the back and the wasteland really reminds me of being back in Mansfield for some reason.

the shot with the 37s is really cool, and the footbridge in the distance really works as a scenic break, i have a coal sector 37 remember so ill have to spruce up the weathering and put it to work in March :)

Yes all good - Terrace backs and railway lines always look well together something I wanted to attempt but settled (cheated) with photo backscenes.and I dont rate the pocketbond resin models.

Reminds me of the terraces south of Preston - coming back from trips on the RailRovers in the late 70's.we quite often used to get stopped by a red on the approach to Preston at Farington - cue the opening and slamming of carriage doors by persons unknown - a lethal shortcut.

How durable are the houses for atmospherics and exhibition moves etc? - My experience with card kits and damp do not get on.

Ian

Thats good then Ian as the area is meant to be just southeast of preston on a link line to the east coast via Leeds. As for card Ive had no trouble with them on Outon phase 1 so far. Damp is obviously a concern but as long as the layout isnt stored in damp areas should be ok. Moving for exhibitions is no problem as if anything the card can take any movement better than a solid plastic or plaster structure in anycase. I dont envisage any problems in the coming year.

Cav

Archived