Outon Road

RBE

Cheers Peter. Yes its confirmed for 3 dates upto now. Mansfield in March, DEMU showcase in July and Derby later on in the year. There are a few more provisionals in the pipeline too which I will confirm once finalised. Hope you can get along an see it. Say hi if you do.

Cav

• RMweb Gold

Cav, I think clarification is needed. The Mickleover lot have two shows a year, the main "Derby" show that is held at the Moorways Leisure Centre (used to be in the Asseembly Rooms in Derby city centre). This is held in May and is approx on a par with the Nottingham one held at the Harvey Hadden Stadium. They also have a smaller "club" show held at the Mickleover Community Centre and their own clubrooms. This is held October time from memory.

Both are almost mandatory for me and George ;)

Oh I see. I will need to check my dates as to which one it is. I cant remember off the top of my head. Im sure my docs say moorways leisure centre though. Cheers for the heads up Ian.

Thanks for the compliments Matt Im sure you will be happy with the commission.

Cav

• RMweb Gold

Oh I see. I will need to check my dates as to which one it is. I cant remember off the top of my head. Im sure my docs say moorways leisure centre though. Cheers for the heads up Ian.

Thanks for the compliments Matt Im sure you will be happy with the commission.

Cav

Sounds like the Derby show then... I have to check my diary too as last year the Moorways extravaganza clashed with the GC diesel galla :( but I suppose you can't have too much fun... if it does clash I'm sure that I'll catch you at DEMU :triniti:

Cav, I think clarification is needed. The Mickleover lot have two shows a year, the main "Derby" show that is held at the Moorways Leisure Centre (used to be in the Asseembly Rooms in Derby city centre). This is held in May and is approx on a par with the Nottingham one held at the Harvey Hadden Stadium. They also have a smaller "club" show held at the Mickleover Community Centre and their own clubrooms. This is held October time from memory.

Both are almost mandatory for me and George ;)

In that case it may be three shows. My father got in contact with me recently to ask if I wanted to go to Mickleover on the 21st of January. However it clashes with the LMRS show, which I am going to instead at Stonleigh Park.

Not had chance to do much today with other stuff on but I have managed to change my nice new white golf into a burned out wreck. the second pic shows it roughly in position but there is a lot more scenic work for that area yet to bed it in. Cav
Hi, Really liking the burnt out GOLF ! Any chance of a bit of info on how youve achieved the look ?

Thanks in advance.

Just wanted to chip in here and admit to having been observing this thread on/off for some time... but finally feel compelled to add my "well done" into the fray. Many nice ideas here... especially the scenics. I will make sure I pay more attention here... and hope to see it some day too.

Thanks for the comments guys. Nice to have you on board too Jon. Hopefully I will be posting more progress over the next few months to keep the thread alive. Ill be the first to admit Im terrible at documenting progress. Im very happy with how the golf turned out. As always my vision has morphed into something completely different. I tend to let the scenics kinda happen , the technique hasnt let me down so far. As for how the golf was created, well it is just carefully applied games workshop paint in various colours and layers. I probably ought to do another as a documented how to as its easier to show the steps rather than explain them. just remember to take out the windows and tires and paint the inside of the seat insert sides to represent rusty door metal as the inside will be much more visible without glazing in.

Cav

• RMweb Gold

In that case it may be three shows. My father got in contact with me recently to ask if I wanted to go to Mickleover on the 21st of January. However it clashes with the LMRS show, which I am going to instead at Stonleigh Park.

Yes, sorry, forgot about the Narrow gauge one, Mike will never forgive me :triniti:

Ok guys mangaged a few hours today to get a bit more done. Saturdays post revealed a nice bit of brasswork from a certain Mr Harvey. It was once bent up and soldered in fact a mobile phone mast and security fence. The kit builds up quite nicely with a numerous degree of variation possible. I fitted the lower ring that supports the transmitters but in the end after a number of permutations decided on just a top ring of 5. I will scratch build some of those round ones to fix to the now empty lower ring at a later date. The fence surrounding the site looks the business and keeps the mast and its scratchbuilt relay shed safe from the local rif raf. The wiring made from flower arraging wire and thread was a pain but well worth the effort visually. Much more to come next week.

Cav

post-6894-0-21055200-1326670589_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-49862500-1326670630_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-91241000-1326670686_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-39810400-1326670830_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-44067600-1326670866_thumb.jpg

Ack, its a crying shame to find it centimental, but the tyre swing by a burnt out golf...It's like being back in Northampton all over again!

I used to walk through Briar hill, over the wreck by sixfields (what used to be the engine sheds), to find the railway and canal to take photos of the trains. It would sometimes take more than one person's hand's to count the burnt out cars on the two mile journey! Plenty of rope swings too...most ending up in the canal!

The short stretch of layout is brilliantly composed. The content fits so well within the scene.

This is definatly one of my favourate scenes I've seen modelled!

Regards

Lee

Hi,

Looks Fantastic, the car and surrounding area has come out really well. The tyre swing is a nice little touch! The mobile mast looks at home as well, something that isn't modelled very much on Modern Image layouts, however, you will need some graffitti on the side of the relay box thing!

Keep it up, it will look really good when it's finished!

Simon

Cav - you have an eye for detail and for creating scenes that actually look like the real railway; especially the way your backscenes dovetail with the actual scenics. Look forward to seeing this in flesh at Showcase. Great work.

Cheers guys and thanks Neil for the suggestion on the swing last week was nice to able to get it to work. As for the dovetailing of backscenes I feel that they are neccesary to convey the sense of space. Indeed some small layouts, Outon being one need all the help they can get being little more than a plank. With the great backscenes available these days there is no excuse not to fit one. The background should be planned as much as the 3d scenics really as fitting very early on then allows you to taylor your 3d work to both disguise the joint between the two and also lead your eye from whats in front of you to what you see in the pretend distance beyond. Once balanced your brain will assume the rest.

Cav

Archived