Outon Road

RBE

Hi Cav, layout is coming on a treat.

I was interested to hear of your plans for a double ended traverser fiddle-yard, have you any thoughts on how to go about this? I know you've plenty on your plate already, but Castle Fenton will need an identical soloution and I have no definate plans myself yet.

All the best, C6T.

Cheers classix. I have got plans yes. it will involve basically making a lower baseboard that I will use something like draw runners to fix a traverser to. The ends will be located by brass section as they are a good slide fit into each other for alignment. Not drawn up actual construction plans yet though however I will be having the traverser in two parts that fix together in the middle for transport. That should be interesting. As always Ill keep the thread updated as the build progresses.

Cav

Thanks Andy. Neil is a quick study, he asks the right questions and has no problem trying new technique and developing his own style. This hobby is very much an art form and creating your own interpretations from what you learn is key. Neil has come on leaps and bounds. I have been toying with the idea of running a weathering workshop and Neil is just the kind of student I would hope to help.

Cav

:D Thanks Cav your to kind, and ill be first in line for the workshops there is so much to learn n different techniques and if ya dont ask you dont know but thanks Cav for all the guidance and understanding my random text messages :)

• RMweb Premium

. Been playinf on New Bryford today and it really has fuelled my need for a continuous run. Thanks for the play on there btw Mick.

Cav

No worries - your help was most appreciated. We may have to do an operator swap this weekend at MRL as I fancy building a plank sometime

Cheers,

Mick

If you can cope with the small space and fiddly shunting then by all means you can pop over for a go Mick. B)

As for the weathering workshop Neil, it'll not be for a while if at all, I would need to assess potential numbers venues etc, it wouldn't be a money making scheme more a chance to help fellow modellers and maybe even learn something myself but of course I need to weight up costs and equipment in order to set a fee. I haven't really gone any further than 'it would be good to do a workshop' to be honest so maybe I will look into the details after Mansfield next year when more time will hopefully be available.

Cav

Hi Cav, thanks for the great day and letting the locos of Deeping Lane have a fly through Outon and also thanks for doing the pair of duffs for me they look amazing.

Really good to see you and your lovely wife, sorry we couldnt stop much longer than we did.

Here are a few shots i took and the new details look fantastic.

post-6696-0-99979100-1316297684.jpg

post-6696-0-65743900-1316297687.jpg

post-6696-0-91093400-1316297689.jpg

post-6696-0-93925400-1316297691.jpg

Cheers

Neil

No problem Neil. Its a shame I couldnt have run the duffs a bit more but without regauging them it was a no go really through the points. Would have been nice to see 145 on the yard. Im glad you are happy with them though.

Anyway as for Outon Road it again performed well even with the 3 link couplings that were tried out under exhibition conditions for the first time. The venue at Model Rail is unusual, regular track cleaning was certainly a must over the weekend, but a very enjoyable and unsual experience. Great show though and thanks has to be given to the Model Rail team for their efforts over the weekend. Was also good to meet a few of the RM Webbers that I hadnt had the opportunity to meet before. Would be interested to see the pics of the 31 you took Jon (Sandhills). There were some interesting angles there.

Cav

Yes Cav, it was good to meet you and your charming wife over the weekend. I did manage to get one good shot of Outon Rd for you, hope you don't mind me posting it on here. Neil brought Swordfish for me to see and it looked lovely just a shame some of my pic's of it are blured, but I will post one on his Deeping Lane. All the best Andy.

post-9335-0-78526200-1316379129_thumb.jpg

Hi Cav

Good to meet you yesterday and see OR and that 47 in the flesh ! Super layout and your skills at portraying modern image are obvious.

Didnt manage many photos as I had my hands full with the 'Sprinter Kid' !! Liked this one though -

post-6667-0-09964600-1316431202.jpg

Cheers Jon. That pic is the biz. Not an angle that is often photographed strangely. The 31 had a good reception over the weekend which was nice as it was only finished the night before the show. In fact I only managed to get the double arrows on on the saturday morning.

As for sprinter boy he needs some training in proper traction I think haha.

Cav

• 3 weeks later...

Well its been a while since my last post so thought Id do a little update. Outon Road has just done the Sheffield MRS show last saturday and all went well apart from my fav loco 47210 failing on me. She blew a chip but shes back on her feet now after a quick transplant from 37712. The branch has also aquired a new service. A nuclear flask train consisting of an RNA barrier converted from an old HEA a new bacann FNA flask wagon and a converted Hornby brake van. Im just in the process of converting and finishing them as we speak. Now that the main exhibitions are over for 2011 I am now concentrating on getting the full monty Outon Road done for Mansfield. More updates soon.

Cav

Cheers Andy. Its going to be a nice little train for the layout I think. Ill post a few pics as I progress. On another note did you recognise Ians (Crisis Rails) favourite detail of Outon Road in Model Rail this month. The PW staff!

Cav

Cheers Andy. Its going to be a nice little train for the layout I think. Ill post a few pics as I progress. On another note did you recognise Ians (Crisis Rails) favourite detail of Outon Road in Model Rail this month. The PW staff!

Cav

No I didn't mate but I will have a look when I go back downstairs, Andy.

Archived