Outon Road

RBE

Thats good then Ian as the area is meant to be just southeast of preston on a link line to the east coast via Leeds. As for card Ive had no trouble with them on Outon phase 1 so far. Damp is obviously a concern but as long as the layout isnt stored in damp areas should be ok. Moving for exhibitions is no problem as if anything the card can take any movement better than a solid plastic or plaster structure in anycase. I dont envisage any problems in the coming year.

Cav

Interesting - why Preston?

WCML stock and OHLE ?

Obviously the same area where Outon is based.

Ian

Exactly its an obvious link from the wcml to leeds north of manchester. It kinda has to be the same place as Outon as it is joined onto the original board to make an 8ft layout rather than a 4ft one.

Cav.

Not had chance to do much today with other stuff on but I have managed to change my nice new white golf into a burned out wreck. the second pic shows it roughly in position but there is a lot more scenic work for that area yet to bed it in.

Cav

post-6894-0-23707800-1325964010_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-26871700-1325964033_thumb.jpg

As promised Simon a pair of 37s on coal MEAs. The locos are petroleum livery but I dont have any coal ones haha. What you think?

Cav

Hi Carl,

Lovely! I can just hear them now!

Really Top Class, excellent modelling!

Simon

Thanks Peter, on the other hand I am very much looking forward to it. I have been waiting for what seems like an eternity for it to hit the shops. It is a tad early for my time period but I cant afford to not have one for that reason. Reality is twisted all the time in our hobby so why not 85s lasting a little longer?

Cav

Hi Cav,

I have no problems with twisting reality a bit, I think most modellers do it to some degree. An 85 would look great comoing around the curve on a short van train or trip working.

The Golf Looks brilliant by the way.

Cheers Peter.

Thats a pretty good likeness. The sides area bit lower than mine as mine dicourages dangling potentially lethal things onto the overhead wires but yes its nice to see a prototype similar to the model.

Cav

Well not a lot done due to making this monster. Its taken a couple of nights and a ridiculous amount of seamoss and foliage but I think the effort and time was worth it. Supposed to be a sycamore. The mrs is into trees and is happy with it so so am I!

Cav

post-6894-0-08727100-1326145169_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-53812100-1326145198_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Love the burnt out car, looks at home on the embankment

A couple of things through, you need a fence to stop it rolling on to the railway, and a few bushes growing out the radiator girll!

Keep up the good work!

Simon

Cheers Simon. I havent nearly finished that area yet and there is a fence due for installation shortly. The Golf is only sat there on the undercoat on scenic work so to speak Im not sure about its finished location yet. In fact Im just breaking out the fence building kit and static grass as we speak!

Cav

The main armature is a sprig of heather collected up on stanton moor. I collected a fair bunch of sprigs that had been recently broken so now have loads to make more trees if I want. The bark effect on heather is incredible. Not something I can show on my phones camera but have a look yourself. I trimmed the sprig to a suitable size and shape and then drilled it to take various pieces of seamoss which I glued into the holes using superglue. Looks good I think. The foliage is good old woodland scenics applied over the top..

Cav

Hey

Really love them last few pics. The scene really pulls together :D Of course I've now got a challenge on my hands because SWIMBO just walked in as I was browsing your thread and said "why doesn't your's look like that?" Nice!

Anyhow, I'm enjoying your progress and especially like that footbridge!

Regards

Lee :)

Archived