The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Favourite woman alert!

AMJ

• RMweb Premium

Anyone notice how the now 'Professor' Alice has lost the piercings (well those viewable on BBC) and is looking very sophisticated rather than studentish; (apologies to any studentss reading this as I am sure you are sophisticated :stinker: ).

Afraid that Alice has displaced Julia from my NO 1 placing. (Sorry Julia).

Oh yes, I feel the Mods will be locking this thread if the vid clips get any better................................. :mail:

Yet another happy man made to feel very old - (did I really say that?)

P @ 36E

Anyone notice how the now 'Professor' Alice has lost the piercings (well those viewable on BBC) and is looking very sophisticated rather than studentish; (apologies to any studentss reading this as I am sure you are sophisticated :stinker: ).

Well I do believe that when she was on Time Team and had bright red or pink hair she actually was a student. Where as nowadays she's a Professor, serious academic, mother and is a TV presenter on the BBC not Channel 4. So she probably has to look more sophisticated.

Edited by Kev_Lewis
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well I do believe that when she was on Time Team and had bright red or pink hair she was actually was a student. Where as nowadays she's a Professor, serious academic, mother and is a TV presenter on the BBC not Channel 4. So she probably has to look more sophisticated.

Still wears those ammonite earings a lot though!

Keith

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well, as expected, I met Carol Kirkwood in Manchester last week and I have to say she is even lovelier in real life than she is on TV. Not only did she compere our event, but was happy to stay on and to talk to guests. I lost count of the number of times she was asked to pose with people for photographs and she was still going strong when I sloped off to bed at 1am! A lovely lady and a real trouper.

• Like 1

To be honest, a woman's speaking voice matters as much to me as does her appearance. One I hear regularly on the BBC Radio 5 Live "Drive" programme is Aasmah Mir, who has a warm cultured Scots accent and an irresistible chuckle. Wondering if she was one who has what is sometimes unkindly described as "A good face for radio", I Googled her name and found she looks as good as she sounds...

http://www.google.co...9,r:9,s:0,i:100

My ex-employer's technical helpline had various pre-recorded messages on it including one along the lines of (female voice); 'sorry all our advisers are busy at the moment but...blah blah blah'.

This was repeated, between musak on hold, until you finally got through. The thing was, us males in the organisation didn't mind holding as the voice was 'quite alluring' (to be polite!).

After a few years I eventually transferred to the helpdesk and met the owner of the voice. OK the visual didn't exactly match the audio, but her personality did match the voice and she was one of the most popular people in the department. (and that is in the most innocent sense...)

Perhaps these days we do put too much on appearance to the detriment of 'personality'?

(OK way back in this thread I maybe mentioned Charlie Dymock! Guilty as charged :pardon:, sorry...)

• Like 4