The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Favourite woman alert!

AMJ

If we're going to (rightly) mention the ever graceful Joanna Lumley, then we should also recognise the ever lovely Jenny Agutter and Jane Asher, both of whom were and indeed still are fine looking ladies.

Regarding the latter, that scouse eejit must have been mad to throw it all away with her on the premise of a bit of slap and tickle with an equally 'out there' journalist - Miss Asher was and is, to me at least, a gift from heaven!

(The boss was not in the vicinity when I posted this)

• Like 1

So, absolutely nothing to do with her being a world class maker of cakes and pastries? :tender:

I can assure you that any woman who can keep me in a steady supply of luxurious tabnabs to complement my thrice daily chai intake shall always have a special place in my heart!

Of course the vibrant red hair, fine figure and pretty face are a consideration too!

Tick all the boxes and I'll probably end up in a happy, if early(ier) grave! :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

The only one I've had the pleasure of meeting looked fine at close quarters, and from what I heard a hangover was a distinct possibility at the time...

I was driving the Fairlie at the time and had the pleasure of conveying Julia to Boston Lodge on the footplate. I even got to teach her how to work the injector which if you know Merddin you will realise that can be an intimate experience.

It was but a brief one way trip, IIRC she sailed back to Port in The Boat

• RMweb Premium

I was working a rush hour train out of Vic one evening, it was short formed eight vice twelve and I was perched in the middle cab as we crammed the punters in ready for the off when the very politely spoken and serene Jane Asher appeared in front of me on the platform and enquired about getting a train to Clapham Junction. Not only can she bake cakes but she is a very lovely person in both appearance and attitude.

• Like 1

:P Well, you might ease up on 'slap' and drink more booze; then you`d be able to judge. :laugh:

Trouble is the more I drink the more beautiful they all start to look......................................... :scratchhead:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

....... then we should also recognise the ever lovely Jenny Agutter and Jane Asher, both of whom were and indeed still are fine looking ladies.

Regarding the latter, that scouse eejit must have been mad to throw it all away with her on the premise of a bit of slap and tickle with an equally 'out there' journalist - Miss Asher was and is, to me at least, a gift from heaven!

Blimey, I'm shocked this thread is still going. Anyhow, I had great pleasure (steady.......) when I was 'working' at Kingscote (Blubell for you Northern fellows and lasses) of meeting Ms Agutter when they had a Railway Children 'reunion' (To do with the ITV version sadly). She made a very happy man middle aged, or was it the other way round..... can't remember? Probably more beautiful in maturity than as a teenager (her, not me) :nono:

As for Ms Asher..... still waiting !

Sad bloke that I am but I have to say that the new 'Royal' is quite good looking (as is her sister). Sorry got to go, nurse is here with my meds......

P @ 36E

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 4

Sorry got to go, nurse is here with my meds......

P @ 36E

I'm just about dying to pass comment on you receiving prescription medication from a (presumably female) nurse, after viewing a thread about beautiful women, however I doubt the forum grown ups would approve! :laugh: :sungum:

If we're going to (rightly) mention the ever graceful Joanna Lumley, then we should also recognise the ever lovely Jenny Agutter and Jane Asher, both of whom were and indeed still are fine looking ladies.

This reminds me that, about a year ago on another thread, a well-respected elder statesman of these forums stated that:

"... Jenny Agutter looked distinctly dowdy when I came into minor collision with her while alighting from a taxi at Paddington station a year or three back (of course it might have been shock on her partunsure.gif)."

I am still in shock from reading that, and would be grateful to hear the opinion of anyone, lucky enough to have had a recent sighting of Ms Agutter, on the lady's enduring charms and the possible failings of the eyesight of the aforementioned gentleman.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A friend of mine lives near the Monsal Trail and was less than impressed with Bradbury, who apparently woudn't leave the trailer to speak to the people who's cottages were being filmed for her TV show, or the attitude of the film crew. 'Arrogant' is how he describes her.

I suspect fame can make you a bit prissy, even if you didn't start that way.

At the other end of the scale, ISTR a US photography site story where the writer was in, I think, Hawaii, and some filming was going on by the beach. His wife and toddler wandered up into the dunes, but stood well back when a golf buggy appeared on the path, driven by a pretty lady. "That's kind" she smiled " but there's plenty of room!" and then "Oh, what an adorable little boy!" Jennifer Aniston.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

In the course of my career I've met a few celebs, as well as some prominent female politicians. In almost every case the individuals were far from being stuffy or arrogant. The two that come readily to mind are Gwenan Edwards and Gillian Merron. I worked on a promotional video with Gwenan in the mid-90s (when she was presenting regularly on the BBC) and I would describe her as a consummate professional. The weather was generally cold and damp during filming and we used multiple locations over a few hours, yet she remained cheerful, friendly and focussed throughout. I first met Gillian when she was in the ministerial team at DfT and again, there was no hint of arrogance or condescension. Subsequently, she has proved to be an excellent ambassador for the bus industry in her role as Chair of Bus Users UK.

I think the only person I've heard of in this whole thread is Jennifer Aniston. Luckily British "Celebs" mostly have a very short reach otherwise we'd all be overwhelmed by the bu@@ers.....

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think the only person I've heard of in this whole thread is Jennifer Aniston. Luckily British "Celebs" mostly have a very short reach otherwise we'd all be overwhelmed by the bu@@ers.....

Best, Pete.

Best you keep it that way, after listening to Ms Bradbury being interviewed on the radio a while ago I thought she was rather arrogant and boring........

awaits rotten fruit.........

• RMweb Gold

Talking of female politicians we had Theresa May round canvassing prior to a local by-election a while back (when the Tories were still in opposition) and she was a very pleasant person, no side or snootiness at all (interesting shoes as well for those who enjoy that sort of talk).

• Like 1

Best, Pete.

One word for you - 'Kardashian' .

• Like 2