The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Favourite woman alert!

AMJ

At the risk of highjacking this thread, I say, "Nice lady" about JS, and I understand the attraction, but there's a class of woman (IMHO) in a whole different league. Top of my Pops is Isobella Rossellini (see here...)

Yes, Isobella's a nice lady too, but some of us have special needs, you see... Got any nice snaps of Ms Rossellini with less make-up, hair uncoiffed and wearing a Gore-Tex jacket, leggings and boots? Nudge-nudge...

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

For Mallard60022 and others of a like mind, Lucy Worsley has her own series starting on BBC4 at 21:00 Monday 29th August "Elegance & Decadence - the age of Regency".

EDIT; correction to title

Keith

• Like 1

Yes, Isobella's a nice lady too, but some of us have special needs, you see... Got any nice snaps of Ms Rossellini with less make-up, hair uncoiffed and wearing a Gore-Tex jacket, leggings and boots? Nudge-nudge...

How about another earthy-type woman who liked to 'get dirty!' I refer of course to Charlie Dymock.

SWMBO never really understood why I suddenly started to watch a certain gardening programme - especially as at that time all we seemed to grow were weeds!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

How about another earthy-type woman who liked to 'get dirty!' I refer of course to Charlie Dymock.

SWMBO never really understood why I suddenly started to watch a certain gardening programme - especially as at that time all we seemed to grow were weeds!

I believe the potential appeal of Charlie's dymocks, or for that matter, Sarah's beenies, is not entirely lost on the programme makers.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Good heavens - the slab is already coaled sand watered and BBC 4 gear is selected. I'm now having to go for a lie down having see Dudders' post about 'dimmocks' and beenies'.

Good job I've still got plenty of meds nearby. :O

P @ 36E

• RMweb Gold

Ah, the delectable Ms Dymock - a few years ago (in the days of 'Ground Force' I had the delightful experience of travelling all the way from Brum International to Reading sitting diagonally opposite her and my lad got her autograph. Even nicer in real life than she was on the telly - and similarly attired if you get my drift, nudge nudge.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Even nicer in real life than she was on the telly - and similarly attired if you get my drift, nudge nudge.

You've reminded me of an article I read recently about the roles of primary and secondary suspension on rail vehicles...

• Like 1

Let's move away from this hallowed turf, eh, before it gets too - shall we say - agricultural.

Taking a move into Regional TV Sports Reporting, is anyone conversant with the charms of Ms Tanya Arnold, of BBC Yorkshire?

• Like 1

Let's move away from this hallowed turf, eh, before it gets too - shall we say - agricultural. Taking a move into Regional TV Sports Reporting, is anyone conversant with the charms of Ms Tanya Arnold, of BBC Yorkshire?
Oh I say! She reminds me of Carol Vorderman, Mmmm!
One came to mind and i haven't seen her on the BBC London news for a while and thats Louisa Preston.
Saw her for the first time, just the other day and was rather struck! Her name reminds me a little of Louisa Lytton - Oh! I think I need to lie down in a darkened room - you know, the ones with the padded walls! Ha, ha!

John E.

Wendy Hurrell, previously of the weather forecast on Anglia News, was always worth a look.

Continuing with the earthy theme, BBC's 'Coast' offers up Miranda Krestovnikoff and Alice Roberts (my own personal favourite despite her being best part of 15 years my senior). They always made the programme worth watching for reasons other than my own geographical interests.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

BBC's 'Coast' offers up Miranda Krestovnikoff and Alice Roberts (my own personal favourite despite her being best part of 15 years my senior). They always made the programme worth watching for reasons other than my own geographical interests.

I'll second that, and it gets even more interesting when Miranda or Alice are looking at aquatic mammals. :blush:

• RMweb Premium

Going back to Ms Bradbury. SWMBO and I were watching breakfast TV one morning and Julia was being interviewed about her new programme. JB started talking about the problems of breast feeding on location and my mind wandered. I came down from my reverie to a sharp comment from SWMBO along the lines of "You haven't listened to a word I've been saying'.

Jamie

All these different women you men all seem to like- personally I just can't see what the attraction is- how many of them know the absolute block regulations, 65 different bell codes, know the difference between catch or trap points or can get a back board off as well as make a magical Victoria Sponge? Not as brilliant now are they? :blum:

Edited by Natalie
  • Like 12

My other half has the curves of an A4 (a really good start), a lovely pair of forties, is as controversial as a Thompson pacific, works as hard as a V2, and is eastern region through and through...perfect! :O

• Like 3

All these different women you men all seem to like- personally I just can't see what the attraction is- how many of them know the absolute block regulations, 65 different bell codes, know the difference between catch or trap points or can get a back board off as well as make a magical Victoria Sponge? Not as brilliant now are they? :blum:

Natalie, if I do ever get to meet Julia Bradbury or Kate Humble or Victoria Coren I shall press them closely on those subjects you mention!

• Like 2