The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Favourite woman alert!

AMJ

01.55 am tomorrow - Julia Bradbury: Fame In The Frame. Sky Arts 1 (Channel 243)

Countryfile's Julia Bradbury poses semi-nude while John Myatt paints her as a Greek goddess preparing to meet her lover, in Paul Ruben's sensual Venus In Front Of The Mirror.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Countryfile's Julia Bradbury poses semi-nude while John Myatt paints her as a Greek goddess preparing to meet her lover, in Paul Ruben's sensual Venus In Front Of The Mirror.

I was about to congratulate you on a splendid wind-up...and then I checked the TV guide.. does it get any better?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That's a year's Sky subscription justified ;-)

b*****r - missed it.

It'll be on again no doubt.

I've always had a soft spot for Phillipa Forrester.

She was soooo sexy on Robot Wars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi all.

Next Wednesday on BBC1 at 19:30 there is the start of a new series called "National Treasures Live" hosted by Dan Snow and Sîan Williams.

One of the experts on the series is the delightful Dr Lucy Worsley.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Hi all.

Next Wednesday on BBC1 at 19:30 there is the start of a new series called "National Treasures Live" hosted by Dan Snow and Sîan Williams.

One of the experts on the series is the delightful Dr Lucy Worsley.

Keith

Thanks for the warning. Wednesday 19.30 is now booked as view time.

P @ 36E

• RMweb Premium

Just discovered this thread.

Oh how the mainstream media would love seeing trainspotters/railway modellers etc discussing the female form. :rolleyes: I wonder if they would get someone in an anorak with a shoulder bag, eating a jam butty with notebook and can of Tizer nearby standing on a platform end as a stock library shot?

Can we get Fiona Bruce to report on it please? ;)

Mick

• Like 3

I didn't watch much of the old "Torchwood" series, but setting the present series in the States has given it an edginess it didn't have before - and somehow it's easier to accept the dafter excesses of SF set in the US rather than the UK. And they've cut out the more annoying cast members, keeping only the essential Captain Jack (John Barrowman) and - to get to the point - Gwen Cooper (Eva Myles - Ahhh!). In the words of Robbie Williams, all the best women are married, all the handsome men are gay...). According to the Radio Times, Ms Myles had to resist suggestions that she slim down and tone up for the American market. Its difficult to believe that American men wouldn't appreciate her comely shape just as it is!

• Like 1

According to the Radio Times, Ms Myles had to resist suggestions that she slim down and tone up for the American market. Its difficult to believe that American men wouldn't appreciate her comely shape just as it is! [/size]

Thank goodness she did resist, it would have been a shame to sabotage such a great figure. When will TV execs wake up to the fact that women are supposed to have curves. Size 0 does nothing for me. If we are on home-grown figures to appreciate then Nigella Lawson has to be up there somewhere. :D

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

There are some edgy phrases creeping in here guys (Nigella Lawson up there somewhere, jam butty etc)..... arggggghhh, someone's just doused me with the slack - pipe (there's another good word); good job 'cause I was just contemplating Fiona Bruce :blink:

P @ 36E

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back on the box again (Mondays, BBC4, 8.30 PM): "Only Connect". This would be one of my favourite programmes anyway, but the well-upholstered Victoria Coren - and her razor-sharp wit is the icing on the cake (painful mixed metaphor there) - makes it a must-watch. I always record the show so that I can pause-play to give me a chance to think about some of the clues, and watching one rather too late at night for intellectual effort, I was startled when Ms Coren said: "Right, everybody wide awake" (leans forward) "and you need to get more sleep!" I've been waiting for more such personal communications ever since...

• RMweb Gold

Back on the box again (Mondays, BBC4, 8.30 PM): "Only Connect". This would be one of my favourite programmes anyway, but the well-upholstered Victoria Coren - and her razor-sharp wit is the icing on the cake (painful mixed metaphor there) - makes it a must-watch.

Not half! Well-covered ladies are hardly in short-supply worldwide, but she is a brilliant example - and she's on tv. She has inherited her late father's undoubted intellect, but her humour is a little more wasp-ish, although well short of the odious Ann Robinson. VC's ability to be self-deprecating is also most endearing. I think she had a Uni Challenge-winning team on once, and feigned romantic adulation of their incredibly bright - but young & distinctly gauche - team leader. Then the other day she wistfully mentioned cheeseburgers. Deb was watching a recorded Have I Got News For you recently, and she was paired with Hislop, and striking sparks with Alexander Armstrong. If you like bright women, she has to be among the best on the media.
  • Like 2

At the risk of sending some of our web members to the great engine-shed in the sky, may I mention that in the program about a walk across iceland to Ayjafjollajokul volcano, Ms.Bradbury is seen in a bikini in a volcanic hot pool.

(At the risk of highjacking this thread, I say, "Nice lady" about JS, and I understand the attraction, but there's a class of woman (IMHO) in a whole different league. Top of my Pops is Isobella Rossellini (see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga26YYPDBxg ). Remember her in the comedy with Goldie Hawn, Bruce Willis and Glenn Close where she gives the ladies eternal life. Cool.)

I think I need to go for a walk now.

Now that's a surprise - rather than just show the link address, it has shown the video play image. New RM web feature?

Edited by Dr.Glum
  • Like 1