Trainwest 2012 - 14 & 15 April

Geoff Endacott

Today I have some good news and some bad news.

First the good news. The Twin Falls Logging & Mining Railroad has been added to the exhibition. Details can be found here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/24267-twin-falls/ .

Now the bad news. Things are not well with Warren Lane and it will not be coming this year. Twin Falls Logging has been recruited to take its place.

Geoff Endacott

Hello

Sad to here that Geoff as I was looking forward to seeinbg Warren Lane and their ever friendly crew again. Never mind I'm sure that we will catch up with each other somewhere. Nice to see also that the thread has reverted to being about Trainwest instead of general moaning and groaning about uinrelated matters. See you Saturday

Cheers

George

Always a pitya when a layout drops out at last minute - I hope the reasons were not too serious.

All credit to Twin Falls Team for filling the gap at short notice - another fine layout, I've seen it a couple of times but well worth another viewing.

Nice to see also that the thread has reverted to being about Trainwest instead of general moaning and groaning about uinrelated matters.                                                                                   George</em>

Oh I don't know at least it keeps the topic up in the VNC just where it is needed to remind everyone it is this weekend. ;)

• RMweb Premium

Diesels in the Duchy apparently has a van, all operators know we have a show this weekend and have packed a good supply of pies. Most importantly we've worked out where we are going and where we're picking John up from en-route. Should be arriving in Aylesbury about 6pm....

I'm fine. I have just redrawn the hall plan to put two other layouts where Diesels in the Duchy was going to be*.

Geoff Endacott

* I have actually moved it into the space vacated by Warren Lane because Twin Falls is a better fit in the old DitD space. Mind you, if they do get lost, their new stand space would be a useful spot for an extra row of chairs...

• RMweb Gold

We never get knowingly lost, it's getting unknowingly lost that catches us out....

Ah because once you know, you're not lost! you know exactly where you are, it's just where everywhere else is that's a mystery . . .

• RMweb Gold

I'm fine. I have just redrawn the hall plan to put two other layouts where Diesels in the Duchy was going to be*.

Geoff Endacott

* I have actually moved it into the space vacated by Warren Lane because Twin Falls is a better fit in the old DitD space. Mind you, if they do get lost, their new stand space would be a useful spot for an extra row of chairs...

This won't half upset Kenton - hall plan in guide book now wrong let alone the wrong sort of layout plan :blink: It's a shame I shall miss the fun (owing to doing my back a nasty the other week I'm not supposed to go driving long distances and I wish need to get it right before SWAGday so alas Trainwest has to fall by the wayside this year).

Nope, don't worry DitD will be there - it's just that we've been moved closer to the cheesecakes.

Sorry guys - you will actually be 31 feet further away from the cheesecakes.

Geoff Endacott

P.S. You will also be 31 feet nearer to the rear hall door which means you won't have to carry the layout as far.

Well I hope everyone who is attending our show either as a punter or exhibitor this weekend enjoys themselves. Sadly I won't be there as I have a prior, very important, event to attend this weekend. My family and I are attending my daughter and her Husbands medal parade in Germany, after their safe return from Afghanistan.

So once again, enjoy the show and Geoff and I hope that Trainwest is up to the usual standards that Geoff strives to achieve.

Many regards

Neal

Chairman

BMRG

• RMweb Premium

There's no going back now - I have just taken the cheesecakes out of the freezer (and the lemon tarts*).

* for people who don't like cheesecakes or who arrive too late for the cheesecakes.

Geoff Endacott

Is there a 'both' option Geoff?

• RMweb Gold

Need to unbox a couple of boards on Santa Barbara tonight to fit the remaining station lights which were assembled and painted last night. After that its load the car ready for a 6am departure tomorrow morning.

I will do my best not to drop the boards!!

Ian

Archived