The Derby Line, Four Track LNER J6

dibateg

Hope to catch up with you and the rest of the Heysider's at Telford.

ATB,

Martyn.

Have you been sending Jo down the docks like I recommend?

Click.

OzzyO.

I'm now walking down a dark ally and this big fellow is following me.

Dress competition as well?

I've been struggling with these 4mm signals for Dolgelly this morning, I got the arms mixed up, lamps in the wrong places. After some colourful language it was put right and they are nearly ready...

post-6972-0-29757500-1409392595_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Dress competition as well?

I've been struggling with these 4mm signals for Dolgelly this morning, I got the arms mixed up, lamps in the wrong places. After some colourful language it was put right and they are nearly ready...

Lovely stuff! Servo operated once installed?

JF

At last 43155 can join her sister engine, I had problems with the weathering and ended up stripping off some of it, which can be a little disheartening. So this morning I have been re-applying and getting this one to a more acceptable state. The loco is pretty dirty as many of Colwicks engines seemed to be in the '60s.

post-6972-0-39794900-1409572613_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Absolutely superb inspirational modeling Tony and just how I remember them when numbers increased here replacing aging J27's and Q6's towards the end of steam on the NER.

Just a little grease / oil application on the motion would be all I could think of adding.  Looking forward to getting my hands on my first MOK kit a 9F hopefully before year end.

Regards

Bob

• Like 1

Steve

I'm thinking you will be after a Double Chimney with 1A tender 9F variant. Last I heard from Dave Sharp was that they were only planning to do 50/60 kits. With Loveless, Masterpiece and Lee March all promising  9Fs we are lucky that MOK are still pressing on with their own kit.

Mine will be one of Tyne Dock's Iron ore loco stud and hopefully will end up looking very like Tony's 43155 above. That will be of course if I can miraculously become an expert at weathering by then.

Regards Bob

Edited by Silverstreak
  • Like 1

One of the pleasures of modelling is to inspire people, so thanks Bob.

I wish it was a smooth journey, but I often break all my own rules: rush, panic, restraint, try to do to much at once  - I could go on. I am continually learning- and I like that. I have to make myself step away sometimes and take a break draw breath, make the right decisions and then continue. I had a sleepless night over 43155 and ended up stripping some of the weathering off. If I'm not happy with something I will always put it right. If it came to stripping the whole thing back to the metal I would do. The Thompson coaches have been stripped twice now!  I will picture those up when they are a bit more progressed.

I have 3 DJH 9Fs to do next, they won't be as good as the MOK one, which I would love to do, but sometimes the cost/time/fidelity equation has to be considered. I couldn't afford to buy 2 MOK ones now in any case! The numbers are already chosen:- 92204,92031,92069.

Regards

Tony

• Like 2

I thought it would be interesting to share work bench view after seeing Tom's ( 2750 ) highly organised space as well as Dikitriki's state of the art facility.

View out of the window is down the garden and to the hills opposite, library to the right, kits and stock stored in a massive cupboard behind and to the left of the camera. Window to the drive and office space to the left. There is no space on the walls to hang kits and nowhere to photograph anything sensibly! Workbench in chaos as usual, as I'm glazing Sidelines Thompson non-corridors...

post-6972-0-23625300-1409902347_thumb.jpg

• Like 7