The Derby Line, Four Track LNER J6

dibateg

yep, that's the idea.

I'm put off by the fact that it would be in the loft, and the temperature extremes and condensation make Slater's wheels rust within24 hours.

Also, Doncaster works didn't have a turntable...but I have.

yep, that's the idea.

I'm put off by the fact that it would be in the loft, and the temperature extremes and condensation make Slater's wheels rust within24 hours.

Also, Doncaster works didn't have a turntable...but I have.

You need to get some insulation up there mate, as some one who has carried out over 100 loft conversions I could give you some pointers.

A stanier tank would be nice as would any thing from MOK, they do take suggestions

Thanks Peter - no the Doncaster overhauled ones don't seem to have been lined, so both plain black - totally unglamorous..

I wonder why that was?

Were they "4f, 4 or 4mt"?

They have "come on" from when I saw them at Wolves in November 2013.

0 is 100 times better than 00 but takes 100 times longer to do!

Insulation up to joist tops, flooring above, more where it's not floored and the pitched roof is too low.

Insulation between rafters, plastic sheeting over that.

Sadly, still got a cold water tank and a central-heating header tank up there, which are open at the top, (except for their lids).

Edited by JeffP

Bit of Klear on the greasy parts of the motion, maybe?

Or ----------- MIG Grease Stain Mixture

Or how about like this,

post-8920-0-65337800-1395702594_thumb.jpg

or like this?

post-8920-0-56528700-1395702600_thumb.jpg

or this?

post-8920-0-50542100-1395702783.jpg

sorry this one is in B&W.

Coat on and out of the door,

Click,

OzzyO has left the building.

Edited by ozzyo
  • Like 4

I agree Steve - need is the word! I wish MOK would do a Stanier 2-6-4 tank, I need one of those!

hasn't David Andrews announced he's going to do a bunch of LMS 2-6-4 tank variants?  I'm hoping he'll do the 3 cyl version myself, as thats the loco that got me interested in British prototype...

Hello Mike - yes I heard that, I believe DA is doing one of the Fowler variants first. I did talk to Dave Sharp a long time ago about doing the Stanier tank, I shall ask him when we next speak.

The motion of 80154 is looking a little more greasy now:-

post-6972-0-96273600-1395824486_thumb.jpg

Regards

Tony

• Like 7

I still can't remember how to change the title, but now we have some warm weather it's time to catch up with the paint jobs. 48559 is part way through the weathering treatment, which takes several days. I need to loose that tide mark where the streaking starts.

post-6972-0-76178200-1396283337_thumb.jpg

And this Thompson coach has been stripped for the 2nd time, it was numbered and weathered, but it wasn't right and after a 2nd opinion to confirm my dissatisfaction, I carried out that ghastly task. I've think I'm going to give up on rattle cans and spray with cellulose in the future..

post-6972-0-50162800-1396283571_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Anyway - the finished result, before the oily bits were highlighted and cylinders relined.

post-6972-0-71376200-1396684082_thumb.jpg

Also passing through the works have been other weathering jobs including this rather nice 35014, just lightly toned down.

post-6972-0-13848800-1396684596_thumb.jpg

Next up two Snowhill WDs

• Like 5

So, on to the Snowhill WD kits. Initial work is on the tender chassis, I'm a little disappointed in the N/S etchings in that the etchings are slightly out of line from front to back in both kits. This creates an annoying cusp, which takes a lot of cleaning up. I didn't like the floating hornblocks either, a more positive location for them in the inner frames would have been better and a chassis jig ( which I don't have ) would have really helped. However the castings are tidy and I'm beginning to make progress.

post-6972-0-98651700-1396718948_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Isn't Snowhill supposed to be planning the 2-10-0 variant as well? I thought I read that somewhere.....

Been out for a few years now......both 2-8-0 and 2-10-0 kits were taken into Roxey Mouldings 7mm range some time ago.....both listed as currently available.

I've always wanted one of these, but have resisted for years. Think I'm weakening though.....