Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

Now that is nice Porcy. One of these fireless locos is 'preserved'  in that museum they call 'The Warehoose' in Glasga. :senile:

All the best,

Dave.

There is (or was in April 2010 anyway) another one outside the canal museum in Gloucester docks.  Don't Didcot have an ex-Huntley & Palmer example too?  If not I plead a 40 year old memory from a time when I was 6 years old :D.

Quite a few around in various states of (dis)repair... To my knowledge only one has steamed in preservation, at MOSI, not sure where it is now.

I'd assume that their dependence on an external source of steam/hot water makes steaming them a bit more involved than is the case with a small conventional loco which is more or less self contained.  Not a major issue in their native environment where every industrial concern had piped steam on tap but rather harder to deal with today.

also the nem pocket unscrews, unlike some earlier ones I have (without top door flap and with bottom door) which had to be cut off.

so Ive got spare couplings with nem pockets as ill be using sprat and winkles. wheels too  as Ill be using romfords in EM just need to stock up on some I dont think its worth putting brass bearings in as there is a chance they can go wrong. seem fine with the back of the w iron smoothed.

and also boxes which ive put in the classifieds.

Edited by Michael Delamar

some more in here, from what ive read , the track gauge was 4ft 7 3/4ins and the wagons ran on their flanges

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.391807987538521.96572.199899313396057&type=3

Were the wheelsets on unfitted goods stock machined to such tight tolerances that 3/4" off the track gauge really make that much difference? I can see them getting a bit squealy though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, Clive, I was referring to the link in post #1349.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/david_christie/9310358983/

Second wagon from the camera.

Edit: Actually the remains of a stripe are just visible when you look closely. Another weathering challenge for the future.

Hi James

Thanks.

Even the lettering appears to be rusty coloured on that wagon, the only paint that seems to not to be rusted off is the black patches. :O

Edited by Clive Mortimore