Members' Day 2011 - Stafford - Full line-up announced.

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Well blow me,I don't have to work now so I'm coming after all.Wheres my name badge gone. ;) Whats the Guildhall shopping centre like for swimbo ?

• RMweb Premium

Well blow me,I don't have to work now so I'm coming after all.Wheres my name badge gone. ;) Whats the Guildhall shopping centre like for swimbo ?

Smashing stuff, come over to 'Once upon a time...in the polystyrene' for a chat and further therapy for your GWR problem :D

Well I'm leaving now for Stafford and, and being well, hope to make the social (especially as Andy's promised me a pint :yahoo:

Whats the Guildhall shopping centre like for swimbo ?

Not good enough to give you long enough at the do!

Suggestions - tell her morning coffee is very nice here - http://www.bankhousecafebar.co.uk/ followed by lunch here http://www.pieandale.com/ and the Staffordshire Hoard exhibition at the Shire Hall Gallery opens tomorrow - http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/leisure/museumandgalleries/shirehallgalleries/home.aspx

Unfortunately Ruston has had to withdraw Bury, Thorn and Sons from the event due to last minute work commitments. I hope to re-arrange for Bury, Thorn and Sons at a future event.

There has been a minor floorspace shuffle again to make best use of the space.

• RMweb Gold

Hope all goes well tomorrow at what looks like a splendid bash...any chance of a few photos for those of us who unfortunately couldn't make it?

Many thanks in advance ;)

• RMweb Gold

Oh c*ck as James May would say.

disco-dave has the "other" powercab throttle that we normally use to allow two operator running on Summat. Far too late to get it off him now.

So,

any webbers attending tomorrow with a spare powercab or NCE throttle that will work with a powercab please can I borrow it?

cheers

Ian

Whats the Guildhall shopping centre like for swimbo ?

Whoa, back up a step! Your SWMBO is giving up a Wimbledon Mens Final to accompany you to Stafford........ to unknown shops in a strange town....while you go to a model railway do?

This is BEFORE she knew that Andy Murray wasn't in said tennis match?

Hmmm. Far be it for me to pass comment.....and my SWMBO has no interest in tennis full stop........but doesn't yours trust you or something?

:lol:

Whoa, back up a step! Your SWMBO is giving up a Wimbledon Mens Final to accompany you to Stafford........ to unknown shops in a strange town....while you go to a model railway do?

This is BEFORE she knew that Andy Murray wasn't in said tennis match?

:lol:

Mine would say who's Andy Murray, by the way who 'is' Andy Murray. :laugh:

I thought it was Andy Y. who was organising the show. :drinks:

OzzyO.

• RMweb Gold

I have agreed with Andy to bring along a small test layout to demo TouchCab on the iPhone, I have the latest beta version which has some nice new features,

I will also be bringing a small selection of sound locos including some fitted with the projects used by Digitrains including a Class 03, 20, 37 on Zimo and a new beta version of a Deltic on a Loksound 4 and I will be bringing my work in progress Class 504.

See you there,

Peter

Guest Phil

Hi all

speaking to Mikeh tonight just realised it is TOMORROW, and I don't have to work !!!!

I'll be there around 1000ish.

Cheers

• RMweb Premium

never let it be said that our honourable leader isn't honourable. He promised a pint down the pub and true to his word a pint of Cornwall's best was forthcoming. Good man!

Really looking forward to setting up a layout in 7hrs....going to be a great day.

Guest baldrick25

Well there's me washed and scrubbed , just about to turn off the computer, see you all there, soon.

..... and the sun is shining too!

• RMweb Gold

just got back from the members day, good couple of hours, nice to put faces to names, cracking layouts etc, came back with my wallet a bit lighter thanks to beast66606 and shawplan too!

well done to andy and all involved

for anyone who i didn't introduce myself to, i was THE guy with the stewie griffin top on pushing the pram round with the small blonde child who kept shouting "ooooh train" at every layout

Guest Phil

Quick response to the Member's day.

Fantastic !!!

As I mentioned after the 2009 day at Chasewater, it is great to be in a "non-public" atmosphere - speaking as one who doesn't attend many shows.

Enjoyed seeing those layouts in the flesh that a normally a cluster of pixels on RMweb. Very impressed with Missy's nighttime Highclere, but it does look better with the sun out !!!!

Likewise all the other layouts and demos. I think "Cully" is a sort of fixture of RMweb !!! Enjoyed a good chat with Tim Easter, with"Red Devil" about 3D printing and with Phil Traxon about resin.

Good venue Andy - ideal for me but I guess it was a bit of a hike for train users.

Thanks again Andy and all the hard working support team

Archived