Hi Scott,

This looks good to me :yes:

The Pikestuff shed kits are also a good option, there is something about these kits that are really pleasing when built :paint:

Still keep up the good work,

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Hi Scott,

Glad to see you making some good progress, I like the unit stabling point. It makes sence to have somewhere to park them up near the station. I am not sure about the shed going there though is there a spot down on the track next to the washer or is that for freight?

Laying that extra track to the fiddle yard must mean things are going to get busy.

Cheers Peter.

Morning all,

Thanks for the comments guys, still not sure about the depot. I still prefer the openess of the stabling area rather than the depot, but Peter's suggestion is a possibility that I will look into. It would mean removing the carrige wash though. The other two sidings are for freight operations. If I lose them to DMU's then it would be a bad day at Redbrook.

The additional track in the fiddle yard will just make it easier to shuffle trains, not necessarily make it busier. To be honest I dont get to play trains as much as I would like. The minute I open the garage door my boy's come running and then they want to play so I get nothing done. Thats because I'm making sure they dont crash when the trains go at warp factor. It's times like that I wish I had kept the tail chaser! Now theres a thought.....

#Edit# All the points are medium radius ones, if that answers your question?

• RMweb Premium

It's times like that I wish I had kept the tail chaser! Now theres a thought.....

And so the wheel comes back round and a layout is born, its name is.....

Bocott!

Go on you know you want the roundy roundy mate, just keep it simple double track on a narrow shelf back round to the exisiting fiddle yard and all non scenic, just so you and the boys can just watch the trains go by while shunting.

Enough you two! I am not going all the way around. I must admit I did look at it earlier but I can't be bothered to do it. I was thinking of down sizing again, it seems such a simpler idea and less work in the long run.. Its Phil's saw that has made me feel this way. :butcher:

Evening all,

Had a bit of time to think in the garage tonight about the depot building/service area. I didn't like it in the stabling area so I looked at the other end of the layout where the washer was (now removed). I have extended the rail into what was the hard standing and have temporarily placed the service shed over the track. I like it. I am thinking of getting another shed as mentioned before, I think it would look better having it big enough to cover a complete 150.

post-6849-0-50624000-1339015958.jpg

post-6849-0-08738000-1339015960.jpg

post-6849-0-10872000-1339015957.jpg

Of course my mind continued to wonder and I thought to myself: If I leave the stabling point and shed non specific, when I fancy a change it can be used for locos instead of dmu's.

post-6849-0-92821400-1339015955.jpg

The next item of rolling stock to arrive should be the new Dapol MRA wagons, might have to get some more heavy haul green 66's.

Thanks for looking.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear , well you v'e tried everything you can think of.........

How about converting it into a 1950s scottish borders layout.....

Seriously though, i should beware of 'farting' around with it much more......I kept doing this with layouts and in the end they became sort of generic mushy, half this half that, nothing in particular type things.

I need to stay focused and say my plank only has one mission, and that mission is to be a station this time...

Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear the enthusiasm is on a downer, Have you given any thought about making the fiddle yard scenic?

How about a different area altogether? Maybe somewhere like Liskeard where you can run your 150's and also your Freightliner loco's on cement trains?

Cheers

Graham.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Scott,

Well Redbrook has changed again since I last saw it! :no:

Sorry to hear your not pleased with your layout at the moment. However you do have a track plan that has plenty of scope for operational interest and have a lot of good scenery already built. The TTAs was a good idea in my opinion as it gave the line a purpose other than passenger trains serving the station. Although a DMU staling point is also a good idea as it is different than the common loco stabling point. Always interesting to have a look at Redbrook, hope to see some more updates soon B)

Regards

Lewis

Evening,

Sorry for the lack of response, I posted the MOJO post and then didnt check the thread.

The good news is that the MOJO is back. Thanks for the advice and suggestions. I wont go into too much detail at the moment but all is good at Redbrook. I'm actually going to crack on and get it to a point where I can't change it, or at least will find it more difficult before posting any photos. Basically I've gone round in circles enough times now but I've finally come to a stop.

Guess what Lewis, the layout will have changed again next time you look...

Thanks guys

Scott

Hi Scott

I think this is going to be a bit of a shock to everybody on here. I like looking at Redbrook and seeing the changes but your last change to a Dmu stabling point is the one i think is the best so if it was me i would go with that one :sungum:

Best of luck with what you decide to do

Steve

Evening Gents,

just to quosh any rumours.. It's not a roundy roundy, the dmu stabling point has gone and in fact the layout has reduced in size. I don't want you thinking that something amazing is going to appear. :nono:

Im doing a managable layout which suits my choice of operating style, It's nothing special and really similar to some of my previous ideas, and is probably a backward step. It's just that enough was enough and I was fed up of changng my mind all the time so I bit the bullet and focused on one thing. Keeping it simple.

Hopefully by the weekend I may have some pics for you.

Thanks for the interest

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Im doing a managable layout which suits my choice of operating style, similar to some of my previous ideas

Hmm..... I forsee a small depot with maybe some wagon sidings for shunting interest.....and it shall be known as Bocott! :blum:

• RMweb Gold

I was fed up of changng my mind all the time so I bit the bullet and focused on one thing.

D'you think he'll change his mind about not changing his mind? ;)

Seriously though Scott as any of the last few incarnations wouldn't look out of place at a show it's going to be good. I've got four, nope actually five, layouts at present and plans for two more on ice so can understand the dilemma. Wish I could settle on a scale!

Archived